LegacyGT.com

BrenTuning LegacyGT.com Dyno Day Part 2

BrenTuning

I gotta test drive a tuned 335 soon. Drove a stock one and felt so slow but I am sure with a good tune they really wake up! Might look around for a 135i. I like those a lot!

They aren't slow stock, ~ 260-280 whp. They do, however, feel slow. The torque curve is very flat, it doesn't feel special (no ka-POW mountain of torque like the subies have), then you look at the speedometer and you're hauling.

It's especially noticeable on the highway, when it just...keeps...pullling... Very different feeling than the Subaru. IMO the subaru was more fun just banging around being an idiot. The BMW is faster, harder to drive (rwd vs awd of course) and a more mature platform. It's also more $, harder to fix and maintenance is a PITA.

I have a vid somewhere of me on a closed course track, in Mexico, with a passenger, and a car filled to the max with luggage, etc (trunk and back seat PACKED) accellerating to 150. I roll on the throttle at about 100. 91 octane, stock tune, freighted. I'll update this post later with the vid.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was looking at 335i's right before I bought the legacy. Test drove a few and absolutely loved them. I just couldn't get myself to fork over 25-30k with the wedding coming up soon. I do plan on having one within the next couple years.

Yeah I did notice how fast I was going quickly. Very smooth powerband that's for sure!

I'm sure with a tune I'd be happy with the power for a bit! Subaru does feel quicker due to the quick torque spike but after that mine(stock) feels super slow!

I almost bought a 335xi before the legacy but in always worried about BMW reliability.

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

punish the pack?

Also looking forward to this, have we locked up time slots yet? Is it worth the effort to seafoam before the tune?

I'm going to go fill my freezer with snow so i can put it on my TMIC the day of the tune. :cool:

I came across a girl on instagram with a Bren Tuning T-Shirt. Please tell me I can has one. I want a man one though :cool:

We'll get some more made up :cool:

punish the pack?

Also looking forward to this, have we locked up time slots yet? Is it worth the effort to seafoam before the tune?

I'm going to go fill my freezer with snow so i can put it on my TMIC the day of the tune. :cool:

I'll start digging thru the list and setting the times, been slacking on this.

BTW, BP across the street sells ice bags we've done it before ;)

My standard obsessive compulsive pre-new crazy mods tune check list was:

1: seafoam the bajeezus out of 'er

2: drive 20 miles or so flogging mercilessly

3: change plugs/oil on nice lift at local garage that lets me use the lift and tools for $10 and a coke.

Always had good numbers.

My standard obsessive compulsive pre-new crazy mods tune check list was:

1: seafoam the bajeezus out of 'er

2: drive 20 miles or so flogging mercilessly

3: change plugs/oil on nice lift at local garage that lets me use the lift and tools for $10 and a coke.

Always had good numbers.

Still holds the record for highest power vf46 that we've seen :)

Hey Bren would you be able to give me two maps for this tuning day? 1 for E85 and 1 for 93oct? Just got my hands on E85 5 miles away from my house :wub:. If not, I can come back another day.

Scratch that, I totally forgot I am on a WRX stock clutch :lol:. Once I get my FX300 I'm going to switch over to E85 and get a tune so probably about a month from now.

why the FX300?

Actually I want the 350 since I believe it will hold the power I want to be at but I've had terrible luck with ACT and have seen great reviews on here with the Clutchmasters so I was going to give it a shot. You no likey?

Scratch that, I totally forgot I am on a WRX stock clutch :lol:. Once I get my FX300 I'm going to switch over to E85 and get a tune so probably about a month from now.

why the FX300?

I've had the the FX300 clutch for almost 2 years, was great for along time, now it sucks to drive in traffic. Still holds power like new, just shitty in traffic. I may be trying a different clutch soon.

Archived