LegacyGT.com

The Kid's 2005 LGT Wagon Build

LegacyKid5

Wish mine had Apple car play, mine just feels so unintelligent most of the time :/ almost want to upgrade to something newer but just can't justify it.

Are you not concerned about the heat created by the amps in such a tight well insulated area?

Coming from an older headunit that didn't have apple car play I can say without a doubt it is a worthwhile upgrade. I work at an Audi dealership and the car play is so much better than what some of these newer cars have.

My dad used to work in the car audio industry and I've talked to quite a few of his friends and the amps should be fine. The digital amps now days produce much less heat.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally go to begetting around to tackling some maintenance issues and installing some of the parts I have been stock piling this weekend. With the help of Ben (Gex) I'll be fixing the leaking valve cover gasket on the passenger side, replacing the driver side valve cover gasket, as well as the spark plugs. Given we're going to have the engine out I went ahead and ordered a GrimmSpeed Uppipe with Turbosmart 40mm EWG to install at the same time. Also going to be installing:

-VF52

-Grimmspeed Intercooler (Thermal Coated)

-Grimmspeed Electronic Boost Control Solenoid 3 Port

-IAG Turbo Oil Feed and AVCS Line

-Grimmspeed Alternator Shroud in black

Once all that get installed this weekend the only parts I need to finish the build before having it tuned are as follows:

-DW65c Fuel Pump

-IAG Billet TGV Deletes

-IAG Fuel Rails

-ID1000's

Looking forward to making some progress and getting one step closer to some serious POWER!

Don't forget to take video and pictures when you're on the dyno at PIA. Can't wait to see what that 52 does for you with larger injectors. I know mine is limited at the top end.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Don't forget to take video and pictures when you're on the dyno at PIA. Can't wait to see what that 52 does for you with larger injectors. I know mine is limited at the top end.

I'll definitely be taking videos! Probably at least a month out on getting it tuned but there will be video. Might actually be taking it to Cobb Tuning Surgeline after a few conversations with guys down there.

I'll definitely be taking videos! Probably at least a month out on getting it tuned but there will be video. Might actually be taking it to Cobb Tuning Surgeline after a few conversations with guys down there.

Hmmmm. So like March 30th or 31st at surgeline? Or maybe the weekend of April 2nd and 3rd at PIA? Let me know. I'll be home that weekend and would love to come watch.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Hmmmm. So like March 30th or 31st at surgeline? Or maybe the weekend of April 2nd and 3rd at PIA? Let me know. I'll be home that weekend and would love to come watch.

I'll definitely let you know when I get my fuel components and have a tuning date set. Are you going to be traveling back from Cali on the 30th and 31st?

You have to notch out some plastic behind where the JDM hazard switch goes and then file some of the tabs on the bottom of the HVAC unit to allow it to align properly with the USDM shifter surround. Overall a pretty easy task to make it sit perfectly..

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160228/a317120aa2b172a8f4a66da48eda6529.jpg

Shoutout to Ben for all the help yesterday on the car. With his help we were able to do the passenger side valve cover gasket, replace all spark plugs, get the vf52 put on, grimmspeed electronic 3 port boost control and installed the grimmspeed uppipe with tial 38mm wastegate with dump tube. Just need to finishing plumbing lines from the EBCS to the turbo and wastegate, install the IAG oil line to the turbo and we'll be good to put the downpipe and GS intercooler on and order a fuel pump before flashing a base map and having them do the TGV deletes, fuel rails and injectors.

Good news is the spark plugs looked great before replacing them so it looks like the engine is healthy! Didn't really get many pictures during the process since we were moving quickly to get through everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All new gaskets. Header to head, uppipe to header, uppipe to turbo, and down pipe. I believe we used all Grimmspeed gaskets. You will want to replace all the gaskets. Especially if you are doing TGV deletes. If you reuse gaskets and they spring a leak you get to redo all that fun work!

Really nice car, very similar to my own.

I'm excited to see what numbers you put down. My setup is almost identical but I'm still running stock injectors.

I'd also be very interested in your oem bumper after you get the spec b front on the car.

All new gaskets. Header to head, uppipe to header, uppipe to turbo, and down pipe. I believe we used all Grimmspeed gaskets. You will want to replace all the gaskets. Especially if you are doing TGV deletes. If you reuse gaskets and they spring a leak you get to redo all that fun work!

Gex is correct that we used all new GrimmSpeed gaskets on everything that we took apart and required a gasket.

:thumbsup:

Thanks guys. That was plan A, anyways, so I'll stick to it.

What year WRX pedals did you install on your car looking to order a set and would like to make sure they are the right ones

I'm not finding it at the moment, but there's a thread on here with all the info for a WRX pedal swap.

What year WRX pedals did you install on your car looking to order a set and would like to make sure they are the right ones

The clutch and brake pedal covers I swapped into mine are off of my 02 WRX and throttle pedal assembly from a drive-by-wire WRX (GR).

Ben came over again today and we finished up the lines for the EBCS, put the intake back on, battery back in and a few other small things. Unfortunately we ran into a few small problems with the oil line and an issue with the o2 sensor port on the header but both will be resolved when we go back to install the final parts for the tune in a few weeks.

Fuel pump and injectors will be arriving tomorrow. After that I just need to order the fuel rails, TGV deletes, and fuel lines and I'll finally have all the parts. And most importantly... I scheduled a tune at Cobb Surgeline for April 8th!

For now here is will she will sit for the next few weeks:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160302/b7dc199cd7185a0ede6730b1cdec4eae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That parking stop thing scares me. I know what they are supposed to do but my car wouldn't fit over them at all!

Exactly what I was thinking! On my old tires I didn't clear, and that's with no lip. On the current tires, it's a 50/50 chance... just stay away.

Maybe it's a custom 3/4 height stop? :lol:

Yeah my car usually parks on the other side of the garage where there is no parking stop but because it's not running at the moment that was the easiest spot to push it into. Fortunately it just fits over it, I think it's smaller than a normal one cause cause I don't clear most.

Archived