LegacyGT.com

The Kid's 2005 LGT Wagon Build

LegacyKid5

I like to see younger people buying these cars over the imprezas. Really dont see a legacy as a young person car. Im 20 and have my obxt and i always get asked why i didnt get a wrx wagon.

I absolutely love my car, for the very reason you mentioned people asking you, it's not a wrx wagon. It's luxurious (for a subaru), has the same power potential, looks extremely sleek and not to mention draws less attention. Got to lover the sleeper aspect.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright, here's a little update of what happened this week. I had the day off on saturday so my dad and I headed over to my grandpas warehouse since he has a lift to get my car up and install the konis and swifts. I didn't get as many pictures as I was originally hoping to since I got pretty caught up in working on it. The install went extremely smoothly and wasn't too hard at all, especially after having to deal with getting the exhaust off a few weeks back. I took a few pictures in the process and one of the ride height before, haven't yet gotten one with the ride height after, but it did lower it the advertised inch. At this point, I'm just waiting on the whiteline roll center and bump steer kit to get that installed before getting an alignment. With that, I also wanted to go out and take a few pictures of the car since being lowered and had a location in mind so I headed out and took some shots today. I wasn't completely satisfied with the outcome, just because of some glare on the car but I was pretty happy. So here's a few shots from today, which I also added to the original post.

1032643080_IMG_5837copy.thumb.jpg.6f48651a146999a2b6f34b6c2d65fa63.jpg

316329481_IMG_5833copy.thumb.jpg.9ab0a8fd44c6e960c271dbfe38ee6264.jpg

2098760674_IMG_5838copy.thumb.jpg.37e39a7f902ce8497d5ed7ae79378e84.jpg

2022254650_IMG_5850copy.thumb.jpg.8a369968bc133da985dba38287f5b72d.jpg

1401435856_IMG_5855copy.thumb.jpg.620d4a19d18622008bbc7a03ea1700ed.jpg

1893765201_GasEdit1copy.thumb.jpg.e57426606d16e060607bdd79b977fa0d.jpg

1159836695_GasEdit2copy.thumb.jpg.10b28d90235c14d12730c531ab33fe9c.jpg

1371915673_GasEdit4copy.thumb.jpg.2fa504abf6e97fd8ed25b41c8211c3a5.jpg

I'm planning to either plasti dip or vinyl wrap the chrome piece and wheels are on the list! Just saving up and trying to decide exactly what I want, I really like the look if the Rota gravels but also looking at a couple sets if enkei wheels.

I'm planning to either plasti dip or vinyl wrap the chrome piece and wheels are on the list! Just saving up and trying to decide exactly what I want, I really like the look if the Rita gravels but also looking at a couple sets if enkei wheels.

Sue me for saying so, but I actually think for some odd reason that the stock wheels look really good and clean on this car hahaha. It's a good decision to stick with the stock wheels if you want to maintain that sleeper look.

But yeah, the chrome bits definitely need some black plasti-dip.

Sue me for saying so, but I actually think for some odd reason that the stock wheels look really good and clean on this car hahaha. It's a good decision to stick with the stock wheels if you want to maintain that sleeper look.

But yeah, the chrome bits definitely need some black plasti-dip.

The stock wheels don't look horrible, but I definitely am a little tired of them. I'd like to get something a little bit bigger to fill up the wheel wheel and wider, and not to mention they have some pretty good rash on them from the previous owners which annoys the **** out of me. Haha

The wagon is getting some rumble! I'm picking up a Greddy SP2 wagon specific exhaust from another member this weekend, pretty stoked to get it all installed! I'll be sure to post some pictures of the install and final product once it's all done.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple of the shots from yesterday, my friend still has a few more to edit but this is just a sneak peak! Photo credit to Alex Ramsey.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag43/navgeres/Subie2_zpsd18d15dd.jpg

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag43/navgeres/Subie1_zps7e8db886.jpg

Not the best photoshop, but I'm trying to decide what wheels I want this spring and I keep coming back to the Rota Gravels. So I chopped up a picture really quickly, these are the gunmetallic color and I think I'd go with the hyperblack but just looking for general thoughts on the wheels on the car.

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag43/navgeres/IMG_5963copy_zps85035307.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Been awhile since I've posted here, little bit of an update: stock radiator took a shit on me and separated on the top where the plastic met the metal. Decided to go for a bit of an upgrade and installed an Koyo All Aluminum Racing Radiator, pictures to come!

Archived