LegacyGT.com

The Kid's 2005 LGT Wagon Build

LegacyKid5

Finally finished the Brembo install and so far I am loving it! The parts used were:

- DBA T3 ClubSpec 4000 Rotors

- Hawk HPS 5.0 Pads

- Stoptech SS braided front lines

- LGT specific SS braided rear lines

- KNS version 1.1 adapter

Started by removing all stick components and cleaning the Brembo calipers, pad shims, pad pins and cotter pins. After that I rebuilt all four calipers with with new piston seals and dust boots.

7a96a58834728bc10338a06c929b29e7.jpg

80343d2d30de109dfa306f94cf229736.jpg

72a7c1ea1f250924bdb6c3e3a02eec1a.jpg

The fronts were a breeze other than a bit of a struggle removing the stock brake lines.

f17c7f22f674c37bd454de81053c3fac.jpg

The rears were another story. I started by removing the the dust shield to make room for the new rotor, sanding down the spot welds, and painting the raw metal black.

f20246882456c8a91cef30eba693a92f.jpg

After that I ground out just enough on the control arm to clearance the bolt head while mounted to the adapter. Once that was done, I painted it black.

d77d8569fff30c3740e1b268f6f44f1f.jpg

I ended up having to use a thicker washer between the bolt holding the caliper to the bracket to provide enough clearance between the bolt and the rotor. And with that, the install was finally done!

f8c168f7f2e8c68e1c1845598b647412.jpg

And with the wheels back on:

73911487cc8d0857293ff9b3ec8080dd.jpg

a9463980e268f0c867325c94c8780947.jpg

Now to install the Grimmspeed master cylinder brace. Interested to see how noticeable the difference is after installing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No issue with the blinking taillight. The JDM harnesses I received with the taillights worked on the driver side, however the plug that connects to the harness out of the car was a different plug. When I tried to use the stock USDM harness, obviously the plug was the same, however the actual light socket that goes into the taillight was different. Most people will cut the light socket on the harness to fit but I didn't want to do that in case I ever put the other taillights back on. I had read that 08/09 outbacks had no issue running these lights with their stock USDM harness, so I picked up a passenger side harness and the plug was the same and the light sockets fit the taillight housing.

Interesting. Correct me if I am wrong. The JDM rear Tail light harness doesn't work? Cause my REV D-F Wagon JDM tails came with the harness and it was plug and play. You are correct they only have two sockets on the taillights. Did your JDM tails not come with harness? I'm a little confused cause I haven't had issues with my JDM tails on the 05 wagon.

Wheels look super fresh mate with the Brembos, nice stuff!

Thanks! Funny thing is I picked these wheels out years ago partly because they cleared Brembos, so it's nice to finally see them together on the car.

They are gorgeous, and super bonus that the beauty is just an aesthetic plus on top the improved performance...

It's a win win all around! Loving the improved stopping power.

Interesting. Correct me if I am wrong. The JDM rear Tail light harness doesn't work? Cause my REV D-F Wagon JDM tails came with the harness and it was plug and play. You are correct they only have two sockets on the taillights. Did your JDM tails not come with harness? I'm a little confused cause I haven't had issues with my JDM tails on the 05 wagon.

You are correct, the JDM right side harness has a different male style plug than what matches the female end on the car. I received JDM harnesses for both lights with them, the left side worked fine but the right side plug was different. And the USDM light socket didn't match up to allow me to use the stock ones from my 05, so I purchased the 08/09 outback.

I think a nice steering wheel is often overlooked, but having a DAMD myself, it might be the best thing I've done on the car.

Agreed! It's what connects you to the car and you look at it every time you drive.

Finally got around to installing the JDM spec b front end that had been sitting around for an embarrassingly long about of time. Parts installed:

- JDM Spec B bumper

- Rev D-F Honeycomb Grill

- JDM STI Lip with skirt

- JDM Foglights

- JDM Fender Liners

- JDM Crash beam and foam

Everything removed for JDM parts:

846f94e8d68e58e8a2d4431aba3ea716.jpg

New JDM parts:

360978668271b5106b4cf90db2176f48.jpg

And with the bumper and lip on:

3ff55d663a9f8b3a6a653191be766caa.jpg

Eventually I am going to get the front end repainted (hood, bumper, and fenders) and have the license plate hols filed to match the curve of the bumper and run a relocation kit.

The car is really starting to get where I have imagined it for awhile now, starting to think of what's next and where I you'd like to see it long term.

Wish I would have bought that front end when I had the chance. Looks great!

I'm definitely glad you said no when I asked! And thanks man, I need to go for a ride in that newly built wagon.

Very well done wagon. Front looks superb in that color with the honeycomb grill.

Thank you!

super super jelly. built looks great!! I really like the jdm center console. my wife has been begging me to get rid of the stocker so she can connect her phone to the radio. looks like the environmental controls are a bit different though. any issues with that?

super super jelly. built looks great!! I really like the jdm center console. my wife has been begging me to get rid of the stocker so she can connect her phone to the radio. looks like the environmental controls are a bit different though. any issues with that?

Haha thank you! And the JDM double din works with no issues, the controls themselves for the HVAC are reversed from the USDM models but everything functions as it should.

thanks. now who do I have to kill to get one?

They come up for sale used on here every once in awhile but tend to go quick. Otherwise Avo JDM has them new. There is a whole thread on here about how to do the install too.

Archived