LegacyGT.com

The Kid's 2005 LGT Wagon Build

LegacyKid5

Heck Ya! Well done and congrats! Such a great wagon.

Thanks man! She's coming together nicely.

Congrats! I got pics of your car. Actually a few nice Legos representing at the Big Meet.

Thank you! And yeah there were a handful that were definitely competition.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been crazy busy with the car, installed the Spec Stage 3+ clutch and lightweight flywheel over the weekend.

7e8cfc8ed3b9c0c27ce08f9343aba8bf.jpg

a19a03c506d61083148f2cbc85ebbff4.jpg

Also gave the car a full claybar, buff and wax prior to putting on the decals for the rally that starts tomorrow.

681d844f1a0fc68fcc2ab5b236cb6c1f.jpg

For those who are curious about the rally, it starts in San Diego, CA and we are driving up to Santa Monica with 3 great stops along the way. And the next day we are driving to Vegas. It's a 30 car field and should be badass! If you want to hear more about the rally, I uploaded a video to our channel talking about the trip:

We'll also be making a few videos of the actually rally, so if you want to see the wagon cruising some of the best roads with super cars hit the subscribe button!

Also rolled over 106k miles yesterday when we hit LA. Car is running amazingly and we drove two back to back 9 hour days.

Thats funny right there. "Its got a built top end, big turbo, EWG". Lol Bruh. Its a VF52. Your $50k+ 6.4ltr jeep is marginally faster than a 12 year old station wagon making as much power as a pro tune stage 2 09+ wrx.

Thats funny right there. "Its got a built top end, big turbo, EWG". Lol Bruh. Its a VF52. Your $50k+ 6.4ltr jeep is marginally faster than a 12 year old station wagon making as much power as a pro tune stage 2 09+ wrx.

If you want a little more entertainment, watch it from this angle. Skip to 3:30. He had me by maybe a car length on the one pull we did.

On another note, I'll be posting my videos from the trip once I get them edited with an write up on the trip. But let me just say, HOLY SHIT I LOVE MY CAR!

Finally getting around to posting after the Western Express Rally, it's been a crazy week since getting back. With that, the car was absolutely amazing. I dropped in the Spec Stage 3+ clutch and lightweight flywheel the day before we left and had it broken in by the time we hit the California boarder. I can't say enough about this setup, it is such a huge improvement over stock in terms of holding power and it's not a major decrease in drivability.

df63346d453bb58522646aa407287ea0.jpg

Overall, we drove the car 3,473.6 miles all in 6 days and rolled over 108k on the way home, all without a single issue! Having never driven the car anywhere near that long of a distance I am super impressed. It was 5 days of solid hour of driving and the second day of the rally really allowed me to push the car, driving at higher speeds through some absolutely insane corners for a good portion of the day with outside air temps peaking at 105 in death valley and not once did the coolant levels spike.

086df0cb12b81376d73c185ed55b3826.jpg

1e38ccb86511fc62d0d7d3af7d7c9784.jpg

It was hands down the most fun driving experience I have ever had in my car and the car was definitely turning heads. I cruised with a 911 Carerra and a built S4 through some amazing mountain roads and they were blown away that the car was keeping up in the straights and through the corner and couldn't stop praising how understated it was yet really a performer, so plus one for the LGT wagon. All in all, I fell in love with this car all over again and can't wait for some of the next mods I have planned for it.

Check out our videos from the rally:

Day 1:

Day 2:

How many miles on the clutch now? Did you experience any socal bumper to bumper in it? If so, how does it creep (ie: a dab of throttle, and just easing the clutch out to move forward a car length or so)?

About 3500 miles on the clutch now. And I experienced plenty of socal bumper to bumper while down there, it was slightly more difficult to drive than stock but no where near as bad as I was expecting. You can creep it forward relatively easily with minimal to no chatter. We also put thicker gear oil in to compensate for the anticipated chatter with the new clutch. Overall I am thrilled with the drive ability of the setup.

Sounds great. thanks man.

why did you decide on this one? recommendation? tons of reading?

A little bit of both, two local LGT friends have used the same setup and highly recommended it and a Subaru tech who has used Spec products in many of his cars spoke highly of them. And what I read online verified what they were telling me so I landed on the spec stage 3+ clutch with lightweight flywheel. For my current power level a stage 2+ would have sufficed, but I have plans for a bigger turbo and wanted to extra clearance in HP rating on the clutch.

• 3 weeks later...
Couple things on the vid while you're reviewing the car. When talking about the interior always comment on fit and finish, interior materials (that wheel looked like nice Alcantara),seat comfort and side bolstering, infotainment (or lack therof), etc... Comment on what makes her special! This thing has a 575hp Supercharged LSA with magnetic ride show us what she's got! Take the driving parts out to the sticks and get an exterior go pro mount.

Couple things on the vid while you're reviewing the car. When talking about the interior always comment on fit and finish, interior materials (that wheel looked like nice Alcantara),seat comfort and side bolstering, infotainment (or lack therof), etc... Comment on what makes her special! This thing has a 575hp Supercharged LSA with magnetic ride show us what she's got! Take the driving parts out to the sticks and get an exterior go pro mount.

Thanks for the feedback, with it being my first stab at reviewing a car I want to hear it all! Definitely agree on showcasing the interior and commenting on more details. And good eye, it was the nice Alcantara wheel.

Absolutely need to show it off a bit more, unfortunately the owner was short on time so we didn't get a chance to take it out and really push it or get those exterior shots I was hoping for. But in future reviews I want rolling exterior shots of the car as well as go pro shots as you mentioned.

Fortunately I have another CTS-V review lined up and this one is a bit more modified, putting down about 525 to the wheels. So I will be sure to incorporate all these missing pieces into that video. Also have a track prepped STI and s14 with an rb26 swap lined up.

Amazing wagon man. Just picked up a 06 2.5i wagon in RBP with 106k on it, and I feel like I'm in your same shoes when you began, I now want a turbo version :) My interior is TRASHED from the previous owner who had pets, so seeing how much effort and work you put in to make yours look beautiful is a bit daunting but sounds like a great challenge.

Amazing wagon man. Just picked up a 06 2.5i wagon in RBP with 106k on it, and I feel like I'm in your same shoes when you began, I now want a turbo version :) My interior is TRASHED from the previous owner who had pets, so seeing how much effort and work you put in to make yours look beautiful is a bit daunting but sounds like a great challenge.

Thank you! It definitely a dangerous game, you can go down a rabbit hole very quickly with these cars in terms of putting money into them. But do I regret it? Not at all, this car makes me smile every time I drive it and I love the outcome of the work I have put into it so far.

Archived