LegacyGT.com

The Kid's 2005 LGT Wagon Build

LegacyKid5

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Installed the new Accessport holder I picked up from a member of the spec b Facebook group who designed and printed them. Since I've had an Accessport I've been looking for a good solution to hold it that is in a viewable location and I'm very pleased with the location on this mount. Also picked up one for the Spec B for down the road when I have an Accesport for it.

15177555cb987393442498a0bbf74ba1.jpg

5667131832116f5de8f4bf23227e4909.jpg

Gave the interior a deep clean, vacuumed everything and scrubbed the seat with Sonax and a brush. They look SO much better!

63fafc995d63bcf75fe1148f1ce5702a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang this wagon is hot. I'm starting to regret buying a sedan. JK LOL, this wagon is sweet though!

Can you refer me to whomever makes that AP mount?

Also, where did you order that lip?

Thanks, it's about to get even better over the next few months!

I worked with him through facebook, but I will get you an email address and PM it to you.

And I was lucky and found it locally, but you can get it through HKC-speed or potentially AVO JDM or Japan Parts.

• 3 weeks later...

5da0f6b02f08042cbfbc860cdd88799f.jpg

5da646beaebe36e18ca25fdcb814f143.jpg

Picked up a set of JDM Rev D-F taillights that was too good of a deal to pass up on auction. Love how it changes the rear end look entirely and they are in perfect condition.

Also took the car out to Built Not Bought Meet at Griot's Garage.

Tails look great!! Really tie together the side body line and the tail, IMO.

Thanks, couldn't agree more! Wasn't sure if I'd love them and put them on and had no doubts. May have to consider a rear garnish to match at some point... :rolleyes:

Installed the new Accessport holder I picked up from a member of the spec b Facebook group who designed and printed them. Since I've had an Accessport I've been looking for a good solution to hold it that is in a viewable location and I'm very pleased with the location on this mount. Also picked up one for the Spec B for down the road when I have an Accesport for it.

15177555cb987393442498a0bbf74ba1.jpg

5667131832116f5de8f4bf23227e4909.jpg

Thanks for the shout out man! If anyone else is interested in an AP V3 mount shoot me a pm. They are built to order so im starting to gauge interest in a second run.

-Greg

Thanks for the shout out man! If anyone else is interested in an AP V3 mount shoot me a pm. They are built to order so im starting to gauge interest in a second run.

-Greg

Of course! Loving the mount, definitely recommending it to anyone who has an accessport for their legacy.

Where did you order your lip from? Looking for one for mine as well.

I was lucky enough to find it used locally and jumped on that deal. I believe AVO JDM or Japan Parts carries them. You can always check with Valley Legacy too, he's somewhat of the resident JDM parts importer here on the forum.

Wrapped up the new taillight install over the weekend. The rev D-F taillights have a different light socket than the 05 harness and the plug of the JDM right taillight is different than the USDM one (go figure) so I purchased an 08/09 outback taillight harness to solve that problem.

655329a078e59e77b70731313b7551b6.jpg

70a5a2234be17e246c60f31e4957961c.jpg

Also picked up a new driver side bottom seat cover to replace the worn out one in the car. It's had a melted spot in it since I got it and I've thought about replacing it and pulled the trigger on the new cover when I heard it was one of 3 left in the states and once they're gone they're gone.

eb4b73427e81da407912fd9663335fd3.jpg

Bunch of updates coming soon for maintenance and new parts.

1. Timing belt, water pump and all the accessories are being changed out mid June.

2. Ordering the parts to install the Brembos finally. Decided on DB T3 Club Spec 4000 rotors all round, Hawk 5.0 pads, SS brake lines, Grimmspeed master cylinder brace, and all new hardware. Should have this all installed by end of June.

3. After talking with the guys over at Spec I think I've settled on the stage 3+ clutch with the lightweight flywheel. With plans to go to a bigger turbo at some point in the future I want to allow for some breathing room and not have to replace the clutch again if it can't handle the power.

Hoping to have all of this done before Big NW in August to show the car.

I've gone back and forth on this one, I actually had an STI master and booster and sold it after talking to a Subaru tech who said it's not different enough that it makes it worth replacing and to just go with the master cylinder brace and call it a day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Exciting things happening for the wagon! New personalized plates came today:

905450a6cefe2d85b1e95948cb12ad3e.jpg

Parts for the brembos are starting to show up, received the ss brake lines and rear rotors.

d84040220f9a64cdd612f700b34cbd04.jpg

So stoked to finally get these brakes on! Spec Stage 3+ clutch is next.

• 3 weeks later...

Brembo install was finished until I ran into an issue. Long story short the hardware that holds the caliper to the bracket was .5-1mm too long and makes contact with the rotor, found out the hard way when I backed it out of the garage. Immediately stopped it to identify what the noise was and found the damage to rotor. KNS is getting me all taken care of, sounds like a one of situation, just waiting on the parts. Positive side is they are all bled and nothing leaked. Here is where she sits until then:

37e52b11515524761387f8e36ad292e0.jpg

65d4e759663f9bec608bcaf601e47101.jpg

DAMD D Shaped Red Stitch Wheel showed up last week too, will be going on in the next few weeks.

0669a3839feb8e5fd5301fcd1dfa5e48.jpg

Spec Stage 3+ clutch and lightweight flywheel will be going on in the next month, as well as the JDM Spec B front end with STI lip and rev d-f honeycomb black grill.

With the car no longer being a daily I've thought about what direction I'd like to take the car and would like to make these changes over the next year:

-KW V2 Coilovers

-18x8.5 wheels (have some in mind)

-235/40/18 Michelin pilot super sports

-Blouch Dom 1.5xtr

-Upgrade a few suspension components

-Repaint front end (hood, bumper, fenders)

-Redo fuel lines to reroute

-New Tune from Cobb Surgeline

Long term ideas:

-Built block

-Show type setup for sub and amps in trunk

-New spoiler

-JDM rear garnish

• 2 weeks later...
Wrapped up the new taillight install over the weekend. The rev D-F taillights have a different light socket than the 05 harness and the plug of the JDM right taillight is different than the USDM one (go figure) so I purchased an 08/09 outback taillight harness to solve that problem.

655329a078e59e77b70731313b7551b6.jpg

Tell me about the difference. Was it causing a blinking issue? i didn't swap my JDM Harness out with an outback. So I see that it was just the right side you needed to swap with an outback one? Im curious as to what issue you faced.

No issue with the blinking taillight. The JDM harnesses I received with the taillights worked on the driver side, however the plug that connects to the harness out of the car was a different plug. When I tried to use the stock USDM harness, obviously the plug was the same, however the actual light socket that goes into the taillight was different. Most people will cut the light socket on the harness to fit but I didn't want to do that in case I ever put the other taillights back on. I had read that 08/09 outbacks had no issue running these lights with their stock USDM harness, so I picked up a passenger side harness and the plug was the same and the light sockets fit the taillight housing.

Archived