LegacyGT.com

The Kid's 2005 LGT Wagon Build

LegacyKid5

Finally was able to finish up the last piece of the spec b interior swap. The 08 seats seats switched to a seatbelt that didn't have a plug for the airbag sensor and also lacked another sensor mounted on the base that the 05 has. Pretty simple, had to swap the base foam and cover to the 05 frame and swap the motor in the upright seat portion. Overall pretty easy and I finally have a fully function spec b interior with no airbag light in the wagon!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160703/6c1eb2e8642d28969e3c3f4a5e54648c.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160703/9d185a6ec662b14625400fcecbdbd536.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160703/5bb10d1cf14e75d94f749d86c4ebd47a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoops... Accidentally bought another legacy. I couldn't help myself, the wagon needed a friend. Teaser pic until I get a chance to wash, claybar, buff and wax her:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160805/e159c0dc6056709930ba67af2d913abb.jpg

Very nice! You putting the wagon up for sale?

Nope! Keeping both unless something changes dramatically. The spec b is completely stock other than an SPT intake and I'm planning to keep it that way, so the wagon is on dedicated weekend and fun duty.

• 2 months later...

Bringing this thread back, no updates to the car currently but I'm working on a startup media company on the side and plan to shoot my car frequently as practice, so expect loads of pictures! Also drove the car to work today and it still puts a fat grin on my face, especially after driving the spec b and being reminded how the stock tune feels!

In other news I recently graduated from UW, spent the last few months traveling and working on various projects with my new found free time, but once I start work full time at Amazon in January I'm going to finally get the JDM front end swap installed and painted if it needs it and order rotors and pads to install the brembos all around.

• 2 months later...

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170105/986558138ce09e1fd4722d6cf260a46f.jpg

Took the wagon out to stretch her legs for a bit and haul some plywood on top. Man I love this car so much, practical, great performance and doesn't look like the 12 year old car that it is. Unfortunately it becoming more apparent that the stock clutch can no longer handle the power it's putting out, so I'll be adding a new clutch to my to do list for the car over the next few months. List seems to keep getting longer, here it is:

1. Install brembos front and rear, front rotors are almost out of life.

2. Timing belt, car is at 102k so this needs to be done sooner than later.

3. New clutch.

4. Install and have the JDM spec b bumper and front and rear spats painted.

Also pulled her into the garage at the new place for the first time! Slowly getting the garage setup, new craftsman tool chest should arrive tomorrow, need to add a few more outlets behind where the work bench will go, wire in power for more lighting and insulate and sheetrock the one exposed wall/ceiling. Really looking forward to dialing in the garage to have my own place to work on the cars.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170105/bb952466d3c6acd09220944eb06e1a44.jpg

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=137944&d=1357002962

Where did you find biodiesel???

Bookmarked to read the whole thread later

This used to be down by university village but the gas station is long gone. I liked to look of the gas station and stopped to take pictures one day.

At long last, after 6 months of waiting I finally had the dash replaced!

c15373aeb0ac145c2ee75135e4f931ad.jpg

Looks great, no new rattles (knock on wood), and a clean install. Shoutout to Nichi at Eastside Subaru for getting me taken care of as usual.

At long last, after 6 months of waiting I finally had the dash replaced!

c15373aeb0ac145c2ee75135e4f931ad.jpg

Looks great, no new rattles (knock on wood), and a clean install. Shoutout to Nichi at Eastside Subaru for getting me taken care of as usual.

Man seriously knock on wood. Had mine replaced 2 month ago and the rattle has been awful. They removed the foam inserts the previous owner had put in place to keep me rattle free.

• 1 month later...

Quick update, cleaned the car over the weekend and picked up some Sonax alcantara cleaner to clean up the seats. Used it on the Spec B and it turned out great, can't wait to see what it does for the wagon.

45c838e6b5045f72560bbc913b74c77e.jpg

In other news, my brother and I signed up to do the Western Rally put on by Express Rally in September which starts in San Diego and includes drives on the Pacific Coast Highway, California Route 33, through Death Valley National Park, and staying one night in Santa Monica and Las Vegas. We'll be documenting the whole trip, but most importantly we're taking the wagon! That means I have a lot to do to prepare the car over the next 6 months. Here's the list so far:

1. Timing belt, water pump, and related components.

2. Brakes are almost shot and I have a set of 04 brembos that have been sitting for far too long. Need to get the following parts to complete: DBA T3 ClubSpec 4300 Slotted Rotors (Front and Rear), Hawk HPS 5.0 Pads all around, rear adapter shoes, conversion caliper bracket v1.1 from KNS.

3. Stock clutch is slipping under power so it's time for an UPGRADE! Currently looking at the Spec Stage 2+ Clutch with a lightweight flywheel.

4. Install JDM Spec B bumper and front and rear spats. Just found a STI lip for the bumper locally and will be picking that up soon.

5. New Tires: I'd really like some dedicated summer tires on the car

Should be an interesting 6 months for the wagon and I'll be posting pictures along the way.

Personally, I'd wait until after the rally to install the new bumper. It's going to get filthy, unless you plan on a clear bra.

I think I'm going to trailer the car to San Diego to minimize highway rock chips/grim on the way there and back. But currently the bumper is the RBP but not a perfect match to the car so I'm thinking install it before hand but paint it afterwards.

Hi there, nice wagon! I'm putting in 08 spec.b seats into my 05 wagon this weekend. Any tips getting them in? I heard the driver's seat plugs don't match up.

Did you use the alcantera from another spec.b rear seats to reupholster your rear seats? I was hoping the rear covers would just swap over for the up right section.

Hi there, nice wagon! I'm putting in 08 spec.b seats into my 05 wagon this weekend. Any tips getting them in? I heard the driver's seat plugs don't match up.

Did you use the alcantara from another spec.b rear seats to reupholster your rear seats? I was hoping the rear covers would just swap over for the up right section.

Oh boy... Good luck, it was far more complicated than I anticipated. The driver and passenger seat plugs won't match up. The driver seat has different seat belt plugs and the passenger seat uses a bladder style occupancy sensor that was only used in the 05.

A quick breakdown of what was done:

1. Swapped both bases of the driver and passenger seat from the 05 over to the spec B cover and upright portion. You'll need to also swap the hinge/motor component from the upright portion of the 05 seat to the upright portion of the spec b seat to have the bolt holes match up.

2. The rear I purchased a black leather upright folding portion and had it completely reupholstered. In hindsight I would have asked if it was possible to use the aclantara from sedan piece with new leather around it, but I went all new and it matches pretty damn close. The bottom portion is the same between sedan and wagon.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions along the way

thanks! After the hinge/motors are added, the rest of it bolts back up to the 05 bases?

Abou how long did it take you? I'm driving down to my parents' house this weekend so I can try this while they watch my kids xD Maybe I'll start with the passenger so that I don't get stranded down there with a broken driver's seat, then do the driver's seat at home.

thanks! After the hinge/motors are added, the rest of it bolts back up to the 05 bases?

Abou how long did it take you? I'm driving down to my parents' house this weekend so I can try this while they watch my kids xD Maybe I'll start with the passenger so that I don't get stranded down there with a broken driver's seat, then do the driver's seat at home.

Yup once you swap that it will bolt right up. You have to pull the seat cover back a little to access the bolts but it's pretty simple.

And I swapped all the tan components for black so it was way more time consuming, if you're just doing the seats you can easily do it in a day, I'd say 4-5 hours max.

Mark it should be pretty easy for you to unbolt your backrest and take it in with the Spec B backrest to an upholstery shop and they can swap the alcantara sections in. It helps you have an already black interior to start with.

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Mark it should be pretty easy for you to unbolt your backrest and take it in with the Spec B backrest to an upholstery shop and they can swap the alcantara sections in. It helps you have an already black interior to start with.

This would be my recommendation for the most cost effective route, having it completely reupholstered really hurt the wallet. Only downside is the black leather is a bit different than the spec b seat material.

gotcha, thanks guys!

My rear back seat is being blocked by 2 carseats anyways, so I'll probly take my time with that.

Magnuson - I just saw the pics of your wagon in wine country, is that Silverado Trail? Good looking build, I didn't know you were all JDM'ed out and here in the bay?

gotcha, thanks guys!

My rear back seat is being blocked by 2 carseats anyways, so I'll probly take my time with that.

Magnuson - I just saw the pics of your wagon in wine country, is that Silverado Trail? Good looking build, I didn't know you were all JDM'ed out and here in the bay?

Maybe? It was just somewhere I thought looked cool while driving though Napa. All the JDM stuff has happened this last year. A couple years ago you actually bought my stock exhaust from my car. Its changed quite a bit since then haha

2005 Vader Wagon

Material Tests on Ringland Failure Piston

I should have held off and purchased a wagon instead of the spec.B

Archived