LegacyGT.com

My E85 Raptor SC 2.5i build

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I hope I don't need it!

We're several pulls in, I haven't seen any numbers but it's sounding better. The fan in front is so loud, the videos I have are gonna be so bad. Haha

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b514/sclegacy08/rps20130302_130908_zps032d41b7.jpg

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

Most of this is foreign to me but he said the ecu definition is missing some components, limiting fuel and throttle above 5k, but he has gotten around some of them so far and we are sitting around 200hp.

lunch time.

He got it.

I didn't get the HP numbers I wanted, but it runs good and pulls real hard.

He had to do the pulls in 2nd for some reason, not sure if that will throw the numbers off any. The tranny would automatically shift around 6k and it was still building power, not sure how to get around that. Also I only built up to 5.3psi boost and its supposed to be 9. Also they said their dyno reads 10-12% lower than most.

So considering all that, I am happy, especially with how it drives. I've got some research and work to doand I'll go again. My tuner said he is impressed with it, it pulls harder than the numbers show.

191hp 180tq

http://i1289.photobucket.com/albums/b514/sclegacy08/rps20130302_223805_zps2541f15d.jpg

For the 5.3psi when expecting 9 psi, you might be losing that 3.7 psi through the intercooler Its pretty common to loose 2 - 2.5 psi with a good Intercooler. I have seen as high as 5 psi. You could alway take a pressure reading before the IC. If that has already been accounted for, I would check make sure the belt isn't slipping.

I suppose it's possible, although with the water to air setup, there isn't any excess piping like with the front mount air to air IC. I would love to see 9psi make it to the motor.

190 at the wheels so that is around 250 at the crank, give or take. It probably feels alot better than a stock GT. Remember, all that matters is that you are happy and have very unique setup. Now go pick on some civic si's.

For the 5.3psi when expecting 9 psi, you might be losing that 3.7 psi through the intercooler Its pretty common to loose 2 - 2.5 psi with a good Intercooler. I have seen as high as 5 psi. You could alway take a pressure reading before the IC. If that has already been accounted for, I would check make sure the belt isn't slipping.

can you please explain how you use lose pressure in an IC.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

can you please explain how you use lose pressure in an IC.

Think of boost as a measurement of air being back up. The Intercooler is a restriction so it would have a build of air before it, after the Intercooler the restriction is less so the pressure of air would be less.

A more visual example is if you took a hose of a pressurized water and measured the pressure at the end. It would be less when you pinched the hose in the middle. The pinch in the middle would represent the IC.

I suppose it's possible, although with the water to air setup, there isn't any excess piping like with the front mount air to air IC. I would love to see 9psi make it to the motor.

My truck has a factory a2w IC. The IC psi drop is about 4.5 psi. The outlet of the turbo is 18.5 psi, the pressure at my intake is 14psi. I suspect the water passages are more restrictive than air passages.

We'll see, my boost built fairly quick and flatlined.. It's supposed to be my belt not being tight enough. I'm going to work on it this evening.

Nice avatar ... AF veteran also :)

Thanks. I am civilian, B-1B depot maintenance.

Archived