LegacyGT.com

My E85 Raptor SC 2.5i build

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol no.. my recirculating bov idea didn't work.. too much turbulence around the maf. So I redid that and it's running again, meeting Friday or Sunday with the tuner. I'm ready to be done.
'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

yes we got done a couple hours ago. it was a road tune so no numbers yet, but it feels stronger than ever.. romraider shows 9.14psi @ 6000rpm, as it should be.

I'll make some videos tomorrow :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well.. I am officially frustrated with all this..

It runs good, it feels quick and everything but I really have nothing to compare it to. My dyno chart is below, we made 4 3rd gear pulls and this was the best. 3 psi more than last time and fixed a big intake leak, and I made less power. The tune is good and safe but I still expected quite a bit more because I've seen several well over 200hp, some even 240+.. I am assuming it is because I have the auto trans..

Oh.. 2-3 shift feels like it's slipping a bit too

Ugh

1621382199_WesBeloncik.thumb.jpg.149fc40af9bcf0ebe0742dd58a2d078f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
so I'm clearly new to most of the terminology, but after a quick google search, you boosted your automatic with 10psi and converted to E85? I had no idea that it was even possible to add so much power to a 4eat. sounds like the tranny will eventually blow under the load if you floor it all the time? but apparently they arnt too spend huh. well i guess if you want to go fast and not have to clutch yourself, and if your doing the work, seems to make sense. Do u need an aftermarket computer to handle the extra power when shifting?

Stock ECU and everything.

I am considering removing all the stuff I've done and put it on a 5spd 06-07 impreza and sell the legacy. I'm just not satisfied with the auto anymore.

• I Donated Too
Stock ECU and everything.

I am considering removing all the stuff I've done and put it on a 5spd 06-07 impreza and sell the legacy. I'm just not satisfied with the auto anymore.

The auto kills it so much, I was so shocked at the difference going from auto to manual

• 3 months later...

Well I have decided to just strip and sell the car. I'll be getting married in February, and we want to buy a house within a year or two. I've got two other cars including a 1998 outback sport that's becoming my money pit.

Point being.. my SC kit is for sale. PM or email me if you're interested :)

wes.beloncik@gmail.com

• 1 year later...

Well, I never sold any of it and am looking to get it all back going again.

Probably beef up the 4EAT a bit, get the cams sent off to Delta for a regrind, and retune it.

I think my spark plug gap was too wide also. Could have been a limiting factor during tuning, .044 for a 10:1 motor with 10psi seems a little wide. All of my research on adding a turbo to my '98 said to use the turbo plugs gapped at .030.

We'll see

• 3 months later...

Archived