LegacyGT.com

My E85 Raptor SC 2.5i build

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Think of boost as a measurement of air being back up. The Intercooler is a restriction so it would have a build of air before it, after the Intercooler the restriction is less so the pressure of air would be less.

A more visual example is if you took a hose of a pressurized water and measured the pressure at the end. It would be less when you pinched the hose in the middle. The pinch in the middle would represent the IC.

You are telling this to the resident engineer. Haha good luck with this one.

You are telling this to the resident engineer. Haha good luck with this one.

I don't have time figure out the professions other members. So this person is wasting my time because they already know the answer or picking on some grammatical term of mine?

Think of boost as a measurement of air being back up. The Intercooler is a restriction so it would have a build of air before it, after the Intercooler the restriction is less so the pressure of air would be less.

A more visual example is if you took a hose of a pressurized water and measured the pressure at the end. It would be less when you pinched the hose in the middle. The pinch in the middle would represent the IC.

So the IC has less free space than the intercooler tubing?

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I don't have time figure out the professions other members. So this person is wasting my time because they already know the answer or picking on some grammatical term of mine?

This is called "being difficult" you have to learn to look past it.:lol:

I tightened the belt and my boost gauge showed 7+, but I need to hook the laptop up to be more accurate. Seemed better though

*edit* I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, the car pulls really really well as is. The hp #'s lie.

'08 Legacy 2.5i - hybrid intake - delta 1000 - E85 - magnaflow exhaust

I tightened the belt and my boost gauge showed 7+, but I need to hook the laptop up to be more accurate. Seemed better though

*edit* I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, the car pulls really really well as is. The hp #'s lie.

What type of tensioner is used for the setup and screw type like the OEM ALT?

Could it be the tensioner vibrates and backs off under load ?

It uses the alternator like the OEM setup. The install instructions said not to over tighten it so I was careful and didn't get it tight enough I suppose.

Got it so it may be a matter of putting a few more turn on that tension bolt.

When you get a chance can you get a post tune video up or normal driving and maybe some 40 mph to 60 mph pulls ??

• I Donated Too
I remember reading about belt contact circumference and tension playing a big part in proper supercharger setups. Is there any sort of guide as to how tight it should be? did anyone look/listen to the pulley and belt when it was doing pulls on the dyno?

We didn't check it. He tuned it and finished and another guy was behind the me when he said all he got was 5.3psi. I think tightening the belt is helping. I need to research how tight it should be.

190 at the wheels so that is around 250 at the crank, give or take. It probably feels alot better than a stock GT. Remember, all that matters is that you are happy and have very unique setup. Now go pick on some civic si's.

This.

I wouldn't say he should go pick on civic SI's though... Any run of the mill bolt on Si is going to put down 190whp or more... and weigh 500 lbs less lol.

225whp on my old Rsx :)

Awesome build though, can't say enough about doing the best with what you've got!

Thanks!

I won't be picking on anyone.. no need to show off, I just like driving my car. Although I think it could hold its own, I'm pretty sure its putting down more than 190. I'd like to get a good 3rd gear pull with full boost.

Its fun!

I can vouch for that. Sitting shotgun in this car was an interesting and fun experience.

08 NBP Legacy GT BNR16G E85

13 WRB WRX. TBE & Tune

07 FXT Sports. Stock :lol:

Archived