LegacyGT.com

Next car after a Legacy spec.B?

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, a $35K 60 month loan, is a payment of about $610 a month at current rates. Between equity in my car and extra cash, I could swing a $10k downpayment. So yeah, I could get into a lightly used/CPO S4/S5/335 if I thought it was reasonable.

You have a spec.b, it's gotta be worth AT LEAST $35K, you could just do an even trade on one.

I run my 225/45-R18 conti DWS at 42psi, otherwise they fold over. NOT overinflated at all. Properly inflated. But in hindsight they would be better on a wider rim than stock.

Yes, I know they are bigger than the stock size. Makes the speedometer read accurately!

Now it makes sense why you were so militant with the retarded PSI argument. Those tires have the softest sidewall possible and people have reported ruining them by running them at the stock psi. But, you see, you THOUGHT the same applies to all tires. Which is stupid. And wrong.

Now it makes sense why you were so militant with the retarded PSI argument. Those tires have the softest sidewall possible and people have reported ruining them by running them at the stock psi. But, you see, you THOUGHT the same applies to all tires. Which is stupid. And wrong.

Yep... the bleeper said that some time ago. I run the same tires, only because that's what came on the car. The sidewalls roll EASILY. The solution isn't inflating them over what common sense dictates so you can drive them harder than you're supposed to; the solution is getting new tires.

Tits mcgee

Please remain calm. Thank you.

Yes, the DWS are some pretty soft tires and do work much better at 42psi. There is nothing wrong with putting more air into a tire with a soft sidewall., as long as you stay under the max inflation and load parameters. You need to inflate a tire to keep it from rolling over - that is handling 101 stuff folks.

Guess what? My friend's A3 came with conti's and they spec 39/38 psi, which is decent but still not enough to prevent a damaged sidewall.

I currently run the stock re050 at 42psi (started at about 38 psi and kept going up). I've also run a variety of similar profile, 17", max performance and DOT-R tires on other cars with similar loading, they have all been run at around 40 psi. Before I came here, I was under the impression that is was common for enthusiasts to run 40 psi for performance driving.

Please remain calm. Thank you.

Yes, the DWS are some pretty soft tires and do work much better at 42psi. There is nothing wrong with putting more air into a tire with a soft sidewall., as long as you stay under the max inflation and load parameters. You need to inflate a tire to keep it from rolling over - that is handling 101 stuff folks.

Guess what? My friend's A3 came with conti's and they spec 39/38 psi, which is decent but still not enough to prevent a damaged sidewall.

I currently run the stock re050 at 42psi (started at about 38 psi and kept going up). I've also run a variety of similar profile, 17", max performance and DOT-R tires on other cars with similar loading, they have all been run at around 40 psi. Before I came here, I was under the impression that is was common for enthusiasts to run 40 psi for performance driving.

Let's get one thing set straight here. You're not an enthusiast.

Let's get one thing set straight here. You're not an enthusiast.

Well, you could say that my enthusiasim about subaru's has decreased as of late, but I'm certainly an experienced home mechanic. :rolleyes:

Before I came here

It was so much nicer for the rest of us.

I am simply not willing to gamble with a tire that's known to have issues at the size the LGT uses. I'd be willing to try them at the higher PSI rating IF the tire shop was offering a buyback guarantee if I didn't like them.

hate to be the one to point out the elephant in the room, but i dont think anyone likes you turbodawg

/subscribed

I would hope that he realized that by now. Either way. Thanks for catching up with the thread.

I think that's inaccurate - I'm unpopular, but that's fine by me! :cool:

He's a bigger idiot than I thought. Let's start a poll and see who likes turbodouche, who thinks he's unpopular, and whatever options can be thought of.

fixed

So, lets step back here for a minute. You just joined last month. You say you're new to turbo cars. More than half your posts are in my threads, picking on me. Seriously???

Let's get something straight here. I have more experience with cars, turbo performance cars, suspension, expertise in other areas, relevant education, and relevant job experience than, lets say.......98-99% of the people on this board. Let me repeat that in plain english:

I know more than you do - much, much more.

That's why I have a different opinion on certain topics here. Its based on my own personal experience, testing and analysis. It's not based on parroting what someone here says, which is all alot of people on here know, including yourself.

Let's get something straight here. I have more experience with cars, turbo performance cars, suspension, expertise in other areas, relevant education, and relevant job experience than, lets say.......98-99% of the people on this board. Let me repeat that in plain english:

I know more than you do - much, much more.

That's why I have a different opinion on certain topics here. Its based on my own personal experience, testing and analysis. It's not based on parroting what someone here says, which is all alot of people on here know, including yourself.

From what you have said previously, multiple times, your thoughts and opinions are based off of experiences of other people you know or other cars that you have seen.

Let's get something straight here. You are an idiot and most people on this board know 98-99% more than you do. You are, and always will be, an idiot.

You should see this because I really don't think you have everybody on ignore.

Archived