LegacyGT.com

Spc2125 Help Thread

Could have a BNR unit on the car. IIRC the marking get ground off on them.

Losing the spring bolts isn't an issue. I know many people who aren't using them. I've been lucky and mine haven't snapped. The leak is from a 3" flat flange trying to mate with a 2.5" donut flange.

Stay out of boost whatever you do till your tuned. Boost control gets all messed up with a free flowing downpipe.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im trying to find a page that has the specifics on all the bolt sizes. Im trying to get new bolts for the catback/dp, dp/turbo, upipe/turbo, uppipe heatshield, passenger side turbo/intercooler, upipe/passenger exhaust manifold.

But is it safe to run with an exhaust leak there? I love the sound personally. an unexpected aftermarket exhaust for free :spin:

I would obviously fix it when I get a catback.

But is ther any chance it will break between those two points or fall off?

Well there's the carbon monoxide... lol

downpipe to catback, what ever fits. There are companies who make adapters, grimmspeed being one of them, to make a leak free seal with a flat flanged downpipe to stock catback.

Most of the bolts/nuts are 10mmx1.25. I used new oem stuff for my turbo and just got some 10mmx1.25 bolts from home depot or where ever for the DP to mid pipe. Even 3/8 bolts about 2"s long with washers for the exhaust.

remember to use anti-seize compound on the all the threads.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

My mechanical boost gauge didn't come with a cup. I just got a little band and put it on the dash in the back left, kind of behind the driver's side defroster

Got a pic of where u put it?

Archived