LegacyGT.com

Spc2125 Help Thread

What do you think?

Indivia up pipe for $80

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ma-stage-2-partout-cobb-avo-perrin-186925.html?t=186925

Or sti uppipe for $70

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-ne-stock-sti-up-pipe-stock-intake-box-190358.html

Also,

Im either going to buy an uppipe and tune it (catless up and down pipe) or I will try and get an exhaust and then save for an uppipe and tune in a couple months.

Exhausts

Magnaflow $350

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-nova-magnaflow-catback-190161.html

Magnaflow $350

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-va-magnaflow-cbe-cobb-catted-dp-190227.html?t=190227&highlight=magnaflow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Steven, enjoying the WOOOOSSSHHHH your bov gives you? :lol::rolleyes:. If you need help with your up/down pipe install, Anthony and I have the arsenal of tools and knowledge necessary to get the job done. With a small charge of course, but cheaper than a shop! You'll be fine driving around on the dp with stock up/ cat back as long as you don't drive it like its stolen. Do you have a plan for a cat back then a tune?

Im either going to buy an uppipe and tune it (catless up and down pipe) or I will try and get an exhaust and then save for an uppipe and tune in a couple months.

I'd get the UP and Tune. CBE won't do much but add sound - installing the DP you have already, along with a catless UP for protection makes more sense and actually will allow for the best bang for your buck performance upgrade power wise. Doing the UP and DP at the same time also makes sense as you have to remove the DP to install the UP.

Going with the CBE and waiting for a tune means you will have your restrictive OEM DP, catted UP that could potentially grenade your turbo, and much less power even though it sounds faster.

Steven, enjoying the WOOOOSSSHHHH your bov gives you? :lol::rolleyes:. If you need help with your up/down pipe install, Anthony and I have the arsenal of tools and knowledge necessary to get the job done. With a small charge of course, but cheaper than a shop! You'll be fine driving around on the dp with stock up/ cat back as long as you don't drive it like its stolen. Do you have a plan for a cat back then a tune?

Well after doing some digging in the FS section, i am prob going to get the indivia catless uppipe and then install that up and dp and get a brentune. Then ill be searching around for a catback when its financially feasible.

Additionally (to not really adding much power to stage1/2)... Its highly unlikely that adding a catback post stage2 tune is going to negatively effect that tune.

Thanks for the clarification.

I was trying to do some digging to see what people were running with a catless dp and uppipe and Stage 2 tune ?

Anybody have any numbers?

If I were you, I would wait until I could get the catback before getting it tuned. Even though it probably won't affect your tune very much, you woud have the peace of mind that your car was tuned with the exact setup you will be running. Or maybe you could work out a deal to have the tune adjusted if needed once you do get the rest of your exhaust.

That said, I don't have nearly as much experience with tuning as some other people posting in this thread do so maybe their advice is better, that's just what I would do.

• I Donated
After the cat the exhaust is at atmospheric pressure already. People swap catbacks on all the time without tuning because it doesn't affect how it flows with an OEM setup. OP should be fine with whatever catback, and I like the idea of him getting the UP/DP and then tune, then catback later.

Anybody got any stage 2 #'s ?

Maybe like 285 whp?

Also, is there any diffrrence is sound wen adding the aftermarket catless UP and DP?

You will notice some sound with a DP, but not much noise with an up pipe other than a quicker spool sound would be my guess. You must convince yourself that you want a down/up pipe for performance...not sound!!!

As for achieving 285 WHP with a stock vf40 and a stage 2 tune?! Well, goodluck! :lol: Read this, it will give you an idea of what other people are achieving with similar mods to you.

You will notice some sound with a DP, but not much noise with an up pipe other than a quicker spool sound would be my guess. You must convince yourself that you want a down/up pipe for performance...not sound!!!

As for achieving 285 WHP with a stock vf40 and a stage 2 tune?! Well, goodluck! :lol: Read this, it will give you an idea of what other people are achieving with similar mods to you.

I was looking through that thread but a lot of people have upgraded turbos.

I was looking through that thread but a lot of people have upgraded turbos.

Alrite I checked it out. I had looked at that thread a couple days ago buy most were upgraded turbos. But i would say a good number would be somewhere around 250whp.. am I wrong?

Lol ok, I'd be VERY impressed with 250whp on a stage 2 tune. E85 anyone!?!?

Lets put it this way. On bren's dyno dynamics an 05 lgt with a fmic, tbe, ewg, ebcs, intake, on stock vf40 made 270 at the wheels after tuned. Thats probably as high as you'll get.

Besides, isn't the upper limit for a vf40 around 275 hp?

Anybody got any stage 2 #'s ?

Maybe like 285 whp?

Also, is there any diffrrence is sound wen adding the aftermarket catless UP and DP?

Yes.

see my sig, the 05 is catless with stock mid-pipe back. I have two washers between the Y pipe flang and the muffler flanges. The car has a nice rumble to it. At WOT at higher rpms you can hear a lot of pressurized air noise out the exhaust. It echos of the trees.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived