LegacyGT.com

Spc2125 Help Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea it's easy to do. I recommend hitting it with some sort of spray paint, or plastidip if your into the matte look. The raw poly urethane will fade over time. I have to slather mine in mothers back to black every couple weeks till I get my new lip.

that's it. I give up. please search more

My apologies.

However, this is my thread dedicated to my noob questions that may have already been answered. I search before but I like to ask here so that I know for sure what I was reading was what I thought it meant.

You get what you pay for. Some people are happy with their CNT pipes. Others not so much.

A tune will get rid of the code.

Thats what I thought. Thanks for clarification!

Couple questions.

I read in a FS thread that the SPT intakes dont need a tune because they were built to run on the factory tune.... is this true?

Also, are these boost gauges any good? And are other wires/sensors required?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/52mm-Black-7-Color-Turbo-Boost-PSI-Gauge-w-Clear-Lens-/350564503162?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item519f45ce7a&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2-52mm-CAR-AUTO-MOTOR-DIGITAL-BLUE-LED-14-29-PSI-BOOST-GAUGE-CAR-AUTO-/290702730310?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43af3ba446&vxp=mtr

I see where you live. Contact http://www.tuningalliance.com buy your Invidia catless UP/DP from him and meet up with him at ESP (enhanced street performance) up in Sterling MA. They can also put the them on for you if you need. Have them check the turbo for play also.

He uses they dyno and tunes both my cars.

Tell him I sent you. Email him before you buy, he'll take care of you.

http://www.tuningalliance.com/searchResults.php?query=&cat_id=21&mfr_id=23

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I see where you live. Contact http://www.tuningalliance.com buy your Invidia catless UP/DP from him and meet up with him at ESP (enhanced street performance) up in Sterling MA. They can also put the them on for you if you need. Have them check the turbo for play also.

He uses they dyno and tunes both my cars.

Tell him I sent you. Email him before you buy, he'll take care of you.

http://www.tuningalliance.com/searchResults.php?query=&cat_id=21&mfr_id=23

I might look into this actually. However, I already bought a CNT downpipe and its being shipped here as we speak. But a couple questions.

1. Will they charge me for him to put on the downpipe?

2. Im looking for just a street tune because I dont have $500 for a dyno tune. So does he just do street tunes, and how much does it cost?

It will run yes, but it won't be safe. That and the SPT is a bit of a pain to tune for due to the MAF location.

Downpipe installs are easy and don't take much time but you will still be charged by any shop to install them.

I know BrenTuning would be able to road tune that setup as he's done countless stage2 cars. Best results obviously come from a dyno tune. I'm not sure if Tuning Alliance road tunes, I don't see why not though.

Emailed Tuning Alliance. He doesnt road tune in Sterling, MA only dyno. And he doesnt have the space to install the downpipe.

But he said that I could install the downpipe at my house, drive to central CT (stay out of boost) and he'll give me a street tune for $150.

What do you think of that?

Alrite so I decided I'm going to get Bren tuned in the next month or so. I have the downpipe but so here's my questions.

I've still got a little bit of ricer in me and so I LOVE the sound of the turbo and want to do what I can to make it more audible to me, while it being safe.

So, I already decided an intake would help, but I was curious if I got a BOV and then tuned the car with the BOV, intake, and downpipe would I have any issues because of the BOV?

What do you guys recommend regarding turbo sound?

Also this is directed to the Stage 2 LGT owners. What are you looking at for WHP and Torque with the stage 2 tuned?

Hopefully this is what my set up will be tuned for:

Perrin TMIC

CNT Downpipe

Typhoon intake

Possibly a BOV

Don't 06's still have the cat in the up pipe ?

That should be removed.

IMO don't waste money on a intake until your making huge HP.

The up/dp will let the turbo be louder.

I'm still running the oem BOV. save your money for things you really need.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yes the UP in the '06 is still catted - should be replaced for sure. Skip the intake for sure. If you must satisfy the "ricer" in you, you can go with a hybrid 50/50 BOV/BPV. I still think you're better off going full recirc but if noise is a must I'm sure your tuner can give his input on whether or not the 50/50 will work with his tune. Just remember that's unmetered air returning to the intake that you are willing to vent to the atmosphere for noise alone. I noticed with a panel filter and silicone post maf tube alone that I can here more stock BPV noises when the radio is off and the windows are up.

I'm sure after stage 2 is done this weekend I'll hear some more, and I'm not hoping to blow skirts up when my car drives by from a BOV - I'd much rather do it with speed alone :cool:

My K&N Typhoon satisfied my inner ricer, and got rid of the stupid blitz panel that was in the car. I went into it knowing that I was not going to get any extra power out of it, I just have a mental thing where I have a hard time buying an OEM part like that.

I'm going with a forge BPV (reminds me I need to tell Bren to order up my last group of parts for this area of my build)

Don't 06's still have the cat in the up pipe ?

That should be removed.

IMO don't waste money on a intake until your making huge HP.

The up/dp will let the turbo be louder.

I'm still running the oem BOV. save your money for things you really need.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Is there a cat in both the downpipe and up pipe?

Archived