LegacyGT.com

Spc2125 Help Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do the hogzaust mod. All you do is unbolt the mufflers at the flange to the y-pipe, remove the gaskets, put two washers on each bolt and bolt it back together.

I just did this to mine last weekend. I hate the thought of it, but love the sound. Doesn't sound as nice as an aftermarket exhaust, but for $2 instead of $750, it's great until I want to spend the money for a catback.

Do the hogzaust mod. All you do is unbolt the mufflers at the flange to the y-pipe, remove the gaskets, put two washers on each bolt and bolt it back together.

I just did this to mine last weekend. I hate the thought of it, but love the sound. Doesn't sound as nice as an aftermarket exhaust, but for $2 instead of $750, it's great until I want to spend the money for a catback.

And people said a BOV was ricer :spin::spin:

Wwould you mind taking a video sound clip for me?

I did a few years back, its on here somewhere. I'll post it again tonight from home.

I did notice the sound video in my photobuck account today when I grabbed those pictures. You may be able to get it by clicking on the picture or whatever.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Wwould you mind taking a video sound clip for me?

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/th_DSCN4154.jpg

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/th_DSCN4155.jpg

I think those are them.

Is that good English ? LOL

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Quick, that was before the vf52 and 21psi. It's much more fun now.

But thanks.

Here's the Spec with stock exhaust, less mufflers.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/th_VID00001.jpg

Debating on whether to go completely catless. I have the catless downpipe but was wondering about the uppipe.

What are the pros and cons of going catless?

Would a stock uppipe gutted be a reliable alternative?

If so, how much should I pay for one (one for sale in my WTB thread)?

Thanks!

If you don't want to go completely catless, you should keep one in the downpipe and lose the uppipe cat. There have been cases where pieces of the cat in the stock uppipe have broken off and gone through the turbo. I don't think this is extremely likely on a stock car unless you have a lot of miles, but if you are going stage 2, you definitely don't want to have that cat before the turbo. Boost should also come on at lower RPMs with a catless uppipe.

You could gut the stock uppipe, but it's really not worth it when you can buy a used sti uppipe for under $100.

I don't think this is extremely likely on a stock car unless you have a lot of miles,

When I pulled mine you could hear the cat rattling when you shake it. This had maybe 111k on it, with maybe 5k with a reflash rest stock.

If you don't want to go completely catless, you should keep one in the downpipe and lose the uppipe cat. There have been cases where pieces of the cat in the stock uppipe have broken off and gone through the turbo. I don't think this is extremely likely on a stock car unless you have a lot of miles, but if you are going stage 2, you definitely don't want to have that cat before the turbo. Boost should also come on at lower RPMs with a catless uppipe.

You could gut the stock uppipe, but it's really not worth it when you can buy a used sti uppipe for under $100.

I have heard that the sti uppipe lines up ALMOST perfectly. like a pube hair difference which caused leaks.

Can anybody testify to this?

I might look into this actually. However, I already bought a CNT downpipe and its being shipped here as we speak. But a couple questions.

1. Will they charge me for him to put on the downpipe?

2. Im looking for just a street tune because I dont have $500 for a dyno tune. So does he just do street tunes, and how much does it cost?

WILL

THEY

CHARGE

ME???

:spin::lol::lol::lol::spin:

Check out these links, they may help some.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/begin-modifications-your-legacy-gt-19037.html

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/technical-info-bov-bpv-set-up-and-operation-150687.html

I have heard that the sti uppipe lines up ALMOST perfectly. like a pube hair difference which caused leaks.

Can anybody testify to this?

It should fit perfectly. It also does have a flex section in it so that will allow for a tiny bit of adjustment.

It will work.

I chose to go with a Invidia catless up/dp from my Tuner. I like to support he people that are going to help me out.

Sometimes being cheap, cost you more in the long run.

It will work.

I chose to go with a Invidia catless up/dp from my Tuner. I like to support he people that are going to help me out.

Sometimes being cheap, cost you more in the long run.

This! Take you time buy quality parts. It will pay off better in the end.

Im not cheaping out. I bought a brand new brand named dp.

Im just looking for an uppipe and then I can get my tune.

If you guys are recommending the sti upipe,

whats wrong with out stock uppipe thats catless?

Archived