LegacyGT.com

Spc2125 Help Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting gaskets for my used indivia uppipe

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fs-pa-gaskets-galore-189270.html?t=189270&highlight=gaskets+galore

Should I buy the Agency Power Exhaust Manifold to Uppipe Gasket $7.00 pics 10 & 11

Or what about buying oem gaskets?

Or should i buy something like this

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/grimmspeed-header-to-uppipe-2x-thick-gasket.html

and this

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/grimmspeed-up-pipe-to-turbo-gasket.html

tell me what you think :p

Alrite well i think im changing my mind. I found a magnaflow cat back for $300. So im going to get it and also the uppipe for $80.

Then im going to install the catback. Wait for my bday (mid august) and then install my uppipe and downpipe and then get a tune.

When time for school comes around, Ill be stage 2 in my Spec B with my magnaflow cbe !

A lot quieter, so quiet my poly bushings drive me nuts lol (I need to regrease everything). It sits lower but I've only scrapped it once, I'm on h-techs/konis. I like the look better with it mirror polish.

It worked fine. Its called gasket maker its made for high temps....IE valve covers and heads

How do you apply it? Smear it all over the main gasket before you mate the pipes or apply it around the perimeter after the fact?

lol

Well heres my story.

I bought a 06 spec b that i thought was unmodified. The turbo blew around 72k miles and a new one was put in and also a used motor with 2k less miles. I bought it for a steal of a price so im still ahead on it. But I was installing the CNT downpipe and found out a lot about my car.

First of all, the turbo doesnt appear to look like the VF40. I cant make out any numbers on it so it remains a mystery for now. Anyways, on top of the turbo where the intercooler mounts, there is another (3rd) hole drilled in (closest to the windshield). The bolt goes in but there is a nut that was put under the bolt to hold it in place. The other bolt is fine. Its an aftermarket Perrin TMIC, but i dont know why there would be fitment issues with it.

Next, when taking off the bolts from the downpipe to the turbo, the one of the top on the passenger side, looks to have been screwed in sideways because it has a very hard time going in and out and doesnt come out through the bolt hole like its supposed to.

Then when I was taking off the spring bolts where the dp meets the catback, the bolts broke. I ended up just using some bolt without the spring. However, there is an exhaust leak there. I used the gasket that came with the dp, but the reviews said this was a common problem. Which to be honest I dont mind because I LOVE the rumble, i just want it to be safe and not fall off.

Lastly, the tranny mount where the dp is suppose to hang on doesnt match up right so I dont know if I should just bend that piece of metal (tranny mount) so I dont have to hear the rattling of it.

I still have the up pipe to install and want to make sure everything is safe before I do it.

Any ideas what I should do. Everything works, so I theres a part of me that says not to fix anything, but i would want to see what my options are. Im on a limited budget so spending $600 to make everything right is not an option right now.

pics would help, of the turbo....and tmic connection. we can identify.

I know it would help, maybe soon I will take it off again, but boy was it a pain in the ass to take off and put on when it should have been soo easy.

Other real quick question, why do people remove the top of the DP to uninstall the up pipe?

Are the top of the uppipe bolts right under neath it?

My DP is not attached to the tranny either, no problem yet.

The turbo sits on top of the up pipe.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4783.jpg

Hint, notice my turbo is bolted on, no studs. It's much easier.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

300+ for sure!

/stealth troll

But what is there to fix?

Everything works ya know? I just dont want to try and fix something and end up breaking something and having to spend MORE money

Archived