turbodog

http://cdn.instructables.com/FY4/K2HP/G3KYBW92/FY4K2HPG3KYBW92.MEDIUM.jpg

http://cdn.instructables.com/FZM/N1OF/G3KYBW91/FZMN1OFG3KYBW91.MEDIUM.jpg

A lower mattress for better stability.

My wife's balls are delicious.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

read: http://auto.howstuffworks.com/under-the-hood/aftermarket-accessories-customization/correct-way-to-lower-car.htm

page 2, point #3: Shortcuts. There are plenty of arguments for cutting springs to lower a car, and a number of experienced mechanics, racers and enthusiasts can lay out how to do it. Taking a chance on making a proper cut is probably not a good idea for someone lowering a car for the first time. Spring rate, or the calculation of weight and tenacity, is compromised when coils are changed. The metal also weakens and becomes uneven during heat shearing, and even a minor chance of spring failure creates enormous risks for the wear and tear of the car, and the safety of the riders.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Predictable response:

Let's get something straight here. I have more experience with cars, turbo performance cars, suspension, expertise in other areas, relevant education, and relevant job experience than, lets say.......98-99% of the people on this board. Let me repeat that in plain english:

I know more than you do - much, much more.

That's why I have a different opinion on certain topics here. Its based on my own personal experience, testing and analysis. It's not based on parroting what someone here says, which is all alot of people on here know, including yourself.

Tits mcgee

Turbodog, i am generally pretty open about letting people voice their ideas whether they be off the wall or crazy since we have many pioneering members on this site.

As i come across more and more of your threads you keep coming up with half ass'ed down right dangerous(not cool or bad ass either i mean hanging out with a rapist horse while wearing a mare costume covered in pheromones) ideas for modifications to your car. If there wasn't any truth behind engineering of new springs and spring rates, tuning, etc. The market would eventually find out about these "snake oils" you keep professing about and just get things done like you have.

That being said, there are tens of thousands of members on this site with knowledge and experience with all these so called "overpriced" products that you talking about which HAVE been tested HAVE been used and HAVE passed the quality control of some of the most scrutinizing members.

I do hope that any members or guests reading your threads understand that your posts are mainly humorous and should not be duplicated unless they feel like destroying said vehicle or themselves for that matter. If any of you check my history i have always been pretty neutral about my stance on who says or does what but you sir have taken the cake as far as being outright wrong in approach and execution.

That is all, c-lo its your call on what to do on this thread since you were here first.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

As i come across more and more of your threads you keep coming up with half ass'ed down right dangerous(not cool or bad ass either i mean hanging out with a rapist horse while wearing a mare costume covered in pheromones) ideas for modifications to your car.

:lol::lol::lol:

funny/sad thing is, I was raped in a mare costume once.... not cool. horses, for the most part, have gigantic cocks in both length & girth. the damage to ones rectum can be irreparable.

just saying.

But I'm sure turbodog knows more about that than you, though.

Turbodog, i am generally pretty open about letting people voice their ideas whether they be off the wall or crazy since we have many pioneering members on this site.

As i come across more and more of your threads you keep coming up with half ass'ed down right dangerous(not cool or bad ass either i mean hanging out with a rapist horse while wearing a mare costume covered in pheromones) ideas for modifications to your car. If there wasn't any truth behind engineering of new springs and spring rates, tuning, etc. The market would eventually find out about these "snake oils" you keep professing about and just get things done like you have.

That being said, there are tens of thousands of members on this site with knowledge and experience with all these so called "overpriced" products that you talking about which HAVE been tested HAVE been used and HAVE passed the quality control of some of the most scrutinizing members.

I do hope that any members or guests reading your threads understand that your posts are mainly humorous and should not be duplicated unless they feel like destroying said vehicle or themselves for that matter. If any of you check my history i have always been pretty neutral about my stance on who says or does what but you sir have taken the cake as far as being outright wrong in approach and execution.

That is all, c-lo its your call on what to do on this thread since you were here first.

Thanks....but the reality is that I actually have run poorly engineered aftermarket lowering springs, ridden on bump stops, blown struts, bottomed out, broken coilovers, shredded bushings and experienced poor performance first hand. I don't have need to mentally trick myself into thinking that I spent $xxx on my car, it must be good. People put far too much faith into the aftermarket.

I know the risks and the chance taken by cutting down my springs, for *my particular modification* the theory is sound and the results prove it to be as safe and effective as anyone can reasonable judge.

but the reality is that I actually have run poorly engineered aftermarket lowering springs, ridden on bump stops, blown struts, bottomed out, broken coilovers, shredded bushings and experienced poor performance first hand.

What was your previous suspension setup?

What was your previous suspension setup?

Not on this car and without going into details, at one point I had a coilover, full bushings, arms, sways, wide wheels with dot-r tires setup on a moderately powered sport compact that was nearly as quick as a prepped 911 turbo on a 60 second auto-x course. About as as extensive as you can get without cutting and welding.

Not on this car and without going into details, at one point I had a coilover, full bushings, arms, sways, wide wheels with dot-r tires setup on a moderately powered sport compact that was nearly as quick as a prepped 911 turbo on a 60 second auto-x course. About as as extensive as you can get without cutting and welding.

You never get into any details you just spout random bs thoughts out, and then expect us to just take your word for it.

The real reason you are so dangerous is because you know just enough to sound smart but at the final corner you veer off the road and burn a firey death.

This post is a perfect example. You are very right that some 'accepted' suspension mods are poorly designed and cause more performance harm than good. However, instead of seeking out the good pieces and going with them you do a hack and slash job that has (in many instances) proven to be very dangerous.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

You never get into any details you just spout random bs thoughts out, and then expect us to just take your word for it.

The real reason you are so dangerous is because you know just enough to sound smart but at the final corner you veer off the road and burn a firey death.

This post is a perfect example. You are very right that some 'accepted' suspension mods are poorly designed and cause more performance harm than good. However, instead of seeking out the good pieces and going with them you do a hack and slash job that has (in many instances) proven to be very dangerous.

Well, I do like to do try different things, for sure. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Perhaps I've even done things first that are now commonplace. Who would have thought?

Well, I do like to do try different things, for sure. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Perhaps I've even done things first that are now commonplace. Who would have thought?

But there are reasons why cutting springs or running a down pipe without a tune are not commonplace.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

One of my brothers friends saw my LgT parked in the driveway the other day. I was cleaning te inside when he approached me and said "Dude that's a sweet ride?". I thanked him for the compliment. He then proceeded to ask why I hadn't lowered it. I simply said I was budgeting for Lowering Springs. His response, "Man dawg, **** that, just cut your springs. That's what I did!" points over to his Civic! I just shook my head and thought, "he must be friends with that guy from the forum that cut his springs!" After he left, I told my brother I wouldnt get in his car anymore if I was him.

But there are reasons why cutting springs or running a down pipe without a tune are not commonplace.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do it.

Sorry, taking about other things.

One of my brothers friends saw my LgT parked in the driveway the other day. I was cleaning te inside when he approached me and said "Dude that's a sweet ride?". I thanked him for the compliment. He then proceeded to ask why I hadn't lowered it. I simply said I was budgeting for Lowering Springs. His response, "Man dawg, **** that, just cut your springs. That's what I did!" points over to his Civic! I just shook my head and thought, "he must be friends with that guy from the forum that cut his springs!" After he left, I told my brother I wouldnt get in his car anymore if I was him.

That's how we roll in TX!

I have no intentions of closing it.....yet;)

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I genuinely LOL'd when he said he knows more than 99% of the people on this board.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived