LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

I asked my dealer today if they knew of any return of the Legacy wagon. They didn't, but did say that quite a few people have been asking about it.

The Impreza doesn't cut it for some folks and not everyone wants the Outback.

Define "quite a few". As much as I wish it weren't true wagons don't sell in the U.S.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I asked my dealer today if they knew of any return of the Legacy wagon. They didn't, but did say that quite a few people have been asking about it.

The Impreza doesn't cut it for some folks and not everyone wants the Outback.

Wagons are going extinct because they are ghetto.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Outback is half ghetto, no denying that. The Legacy wagon is full on ghetto.

Thanks a lot for this helpful opinion...by the way, all 5 gen's are ghetto, aren't they :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Also means all Europe and Japan is ghetto-style, in fact sales of Wagons : Sedans are 10:1 :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is precisely what has happened with all those soccer moms (and everyone else) who drive autos.

The driving doesn't engage their brains, so they're off thinking about what they'll be doing later, or who they're meeting, etc. Their minds are a million miles away, so they end up being road hazards for everyone else.

You guys want a MT for your daily driver, I get it, to each their own. But this is not only a generalization, it's also one that places blame on the wrong end. So what you are saying is a MT driver is more engaged and can never be distracted or drive inattentively? MT driving for me is second nature. When I had MTs for my daily drivers I can honestly say I was JUST as prone to being distracted or bored as I am now with an auto. Problem with soccer moms isn't that they are bored, if anything they are distracted by kids and what is going on in the van.

Just because you can make a guess at what rpms you should shift and you have the ability to press a third pedal in and out doesn't automatically make you a good and attentive driver. The choice of what transmission you use has absolutely nothing to do with your habits as a driver, good or bad. There is nothing magical about driving a stick. Any person with half a brain can learn to do it in half a day quite decently if they really tried. There is a wide range of MT drivers out there, good and bad.

I happen to be very engaged when I drive and so is my wife. We both drive autos. In fact we both actually pay attention to what the auto is doing at every second and anticipate.

You guys want a MT for your daily driver, I get it, to each their own. But this is not only a generalization, it's also one that places blame on the wrong end. So what you are saying is a MT driver is more engaged and can never be distracted or drive inattentively? MT driving for me is second nature. When I had MTs for my daily drivers I can honestly say I was JUST as prone to being distracted or bored as I am now with an auto. Problem with soccer moms isn't that they are bored, if anything they are distracted by kids and what is going on in the van.

The choice of what transmission you use has absolutely nothing to do with your habits as a driver, good or bad. There is nothing magical about driving a stick. Any person with half a brain can learn to do it in half a day quite decently if they really tried. There is a wide range of MT drivers out there, good and bad.

I happen to be very engaged when I drive and so is my wife. We both drive autos. In fact we both actually pay attention to what the auto is doing at every second and anticipate.

I think you cut out some of what he was commenting on in that saying that with autos you tend to get distracted MORE easily than with a manual, as evident of soccer moms being distracted by kids or the phone or make up etc, I won't say it's really boredom as the ease of getting distracted because you don't have to shift, and only mash a gas pedal or slam a break should you want to go faster which makes it then easier to talk on the phone or drink or eat. You have less interaction with the environment around you and don't pay as much attn to your surroundings.

I'm not saying I don't get distracted occasionally driving a manual, but I do feel I have more control of my car and speed while driving. I know when I drive a manual vs auto my speed is much more under control and I don't have to constantly look at the speedometer to see how far over the limit I'm driving vs when I'm in an auto, I feel the car just goes and even when you take your foot off the gas the car doesn't start to slow as easily and I'm tapping the brakes more to slow down.

As you said to each their own....It's almost like they are attempting to make cars idiot proof, like these fords that can now auto-parallel park for you?!?! WTF is that, people don't do it or practice it so they don't know how to do it. It's not difficult at all, same with learning a manual, but it's something people don't like to do and not really required any more, which I think contributes to making driving a mindless activity and let people get away with driving like morons.

I think you cut out some of what he was commenting on in that saying that with autos you tend to get distracted MORE easily than with a manual, as evident of soccer moms being distracted by kids or the phone or make up etc, I won't say it's really boredom as the ease of getting distracted because you don't have to shift, and only mash a gas pedal or slam a break should you want to go faster which makes it then easier to talk on the phone or drink or eat. You have less interaction with the environment around you and don't pay as much attn to your surroundings.

I'm not saying I don't get distracted occasionally driving a manual, but I do feel I have more control of my car and speed while driving. I know when I drive a manual vs auto my speed is much more under control and I don't have to constantly look at the speedometer to see how far over the limit I'm driving vs when I'm in an auto, I feel the car just goes and even when you take your foot off the gas the car doesn't start to slow as easily and I'm tapping the brakes more to slow down.

As you said to each their own....It's almost like they are attempting to make cars idiot proof, like these fords that can now auto-parallel park for you?!?! WTF is that, people don't do it or practice it so they don't know how to do it. It's not difficult at all, same with learning a manual, but it's something people don't like to do and not really required any more, which I think contributes to making driving a mindless activity and let people get away with driving like morons.

Well people are getting lazier and stupider,so guess what? big brother gov't has to step in and mandate and implement idiot proof safety devices. They also try to hold peoples hands,and be their nanny because,lets face it people are too dumb and stupid to think or do things themselves. Everyone's either texting,eating a donut or on the phone while driving instead of focusing on the road and driving. I am honestly surprised people know how to wipe their ass,and flush a toilet still. If some people don't know how to drive then GTFO off the road! and go ride a bike,better yet take public transport that way you don't risk injuring your dumbass on a bicycle.

It takes skill to drive an MT in traffic while texting, eating a donut, and drinking coffee. If you are incapable of doing that, then maybe you shouldn't be driving in the first place.

My dad drives stick .. while managing his company, scheduling appointments, reading emails and even sometimes pulling out his laptop with a 3g card haha.

I can do all of the above as well, but choose to just use the bluetooth in my radio and tell everyone else to **** off

Be VERY careful using the word ghetto on LGT. I got reported AND given a warning just for using that word. Pretty f****ing ghetto of someone to do that. :lol:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Mega Users
Be VERY careful using the word ghetto on LGT. I got reported AND given a warning just for using that word. Pretty f****ing ghetto of someone to do that. :lol:

There are some ghetto people on this site that get uppety when you call them as such, and what not.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxQEafa5SJNvKkewJ-6DCA4d_pEO99_Y0oSfTjRgKNZtj0kXF8eQ

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZVjKi-dSVPMdJjNETjimal75WZXfePwEPqN5TB94I_sREoT7UBw

Since this thread has gone ghetto .... some styling cues that may catch on

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2012/01/0451c948bf720c9c5e182ca054337d74.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTq_RFU8qiYdvM-3N-d0GwuZVwmsVjy-ZhvnMjKiRepqvboHGtEng

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtilx57drEs1H0fuiMLLjGxRBAq2_HjKtRCsWoxG28q1H3pyj7

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCsP1VENtrllF_diliDt-uzotnIX8Gd9B6VytDLDJ2LUFZCuPEqg

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdMmnjhVM_6o9GQ6C7_q-x7eSntlmAME3OT0ZcxWBpbvCnju0JIQ

Driving stick doesn't really take more concentration, but it helps if you're engaged with the traffic around you, looking ahead and anticipating what traffic will do.

I hate taking my eyes off the road while I'm driving. Hell, I hate taking my eyes off the road when I'm a passenger. So no, I don't do all those distracting things while driving stick. Or automatic.

Outback is half ghetto, no denying that. The Legacy wagon is full on ghetto.

Dear B4, you're full of SOA crap (not trying to insult you, merely stating the fact). Sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not. Tell us which SOA executive's wife was caught cheating with a guy driving an LGT wagon ? We all want to know... :lol:

2005 LGT Wagon Limited 6 MT RBP Stage 2 - 248K

2007 B9 Tribeca Limited DGM - 258K

SOLD - 2005 OB Limited 5 MT Silver - 245K

SOLD - 2010 OB 6 MT Silver - 205K

If the Legacy wagon is exactly the same size as the Outback wagon, handles better and holds the same amount of stuff, then why didn't people buy it?

Because people are ghetto. DUH!

My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

Archived