LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

Stay away. There are few lesbians and tons of fagotry to be found in the geeotto.

I love shaft riders :rolleyes:

If you have something to say, say it! Dont dance around the bush like a teenage forum goer. That goes for you and BDII.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry to say that I can no longer use the word Ghetto (EDITED FOR THE SAFETY OF OTHERS) on this forum. :( I was PM'ed by the orignal party politely requesting that I stop such sillyness and fun on this forum. I will cease and desist as requested but am left confused, hurt, and lost. I'm not sure why this person tracked me down in a thread they don't post in and trolled me in my own thread... but alas, Nils is on their side and I do not want to anger the Sweedish. Have you ever seen a pissed off chef? Not cool. :eek:

Someone with a life must be running daily searches for "ghetto". I salute this masked martyr for his/her absurd tenacity :rolleyes:.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1VIzTKx_pYg/T37hdIQ1_TI/AAAAAAAHR7M/eJvtTzuEo-0/s800/0001-Subaru-Legacy-China-1.jpg

How about the Chinese Market 2013 Legacy to get us back on topic. It's a trim level with USDM fenders, over 8" of ground clearance, and 18" wheels, a chrome version of the new headlights, new front and rear bumpers, and side skirts. Basically an Outback Sedan for China's terrible roads. It's also going to be sold in Australia.

New Liberty Variant Previewed In Beijing

Mon, 23/04/2012 Subaru today unveiled an exciting new Australia-bound Liberty variant at the Beijing International Automotive Exhibition.

The Model Year 2013 variant features a new grille, front bumpers, sporty sills with chrome-type highlights, exclusive 18-inch wheels and ride height raised 60 mm.

Interior detail changes include black metal-type centre panel, centre console and steering switch panel, while the electronic park brake and SI-Drive switches are relocated for easier use.

Nick Senior, Managing Director, Subaru Australia, said: “This new Liberty variant will be ideal for Australian roads, where we have a huge percentage of unsealed surfaces and the extra ride height adds to its capability in regional and rural areas.

“Another key aspect of this new Liberty variant is that the hip point is 70 mm higher than the current sedan.

“Only two markets in the world – Australia and China – are getting this new variant, recognising some of the unique road conditions experienced in both countries.

“It is still an enlightening statistic that around 60 per cent of our roads are unsealed*

“Obviously our All-Wheel Drive Liberty is a great choice for these conditions and the new variant with its extra ground clearance makes an even stronger case.

“We see its main market to be in rural areas, but it will also be ideal for those with tricky driveways, those who travel with trailers and caravans, or just those who want a sedan where you can sit a bit higher.

“The new variant will be available with both 2.5 litre and 3.6 litre engines.”

Pricing and release dates will be advised later.

Mr Senior added: “While other Libertys in the range will retain their existing ride height, some of the other enhancements in the new variant will be shared by other Libertys in the MY13 line-up when it goes on sale in the third quarter.

“This new variant gives us another opportunity to bring something different to market and judging by the success of our other recent offerings, including XV and Impreza, we can see a lot of potential.”

Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the manufacturer of Subaru automobiles, today unveiled the 2013 Legacy (Chinese specifications) at the Beijing International Automotive Exhibition.

The product concept of 2013 Legacy is “All performance enhancement” that covers designs, fuel efficiency, driveability and safety. In pursuit of further evolution that greatly exceeds customers’ expectations, FHI has

developed the 2013 Subaru Legacy with more extensive modifications than a typical yearly model change. The modifications are not limited to exterior and interior changes. The Legacy-like sporty driving feel with comfort and peace of mind were further refined. The new generation Horizontally-Opposed Boxer engine improved fuel efficiency. While maintaining a top level safety assessment, the 2013 Legacy was developed with original exterior design which is distinguishable in Chinese market.

Design

Exterior

By adopting the headlamps with the motif common with other Subaru vehicles and a hexagon grille that conveys wideness, stability and sharpness in the front face, a sporty and strong image is expressed. The design modifications for Chinese market accentuate this model’s uniqueness, providing a sharper and sportier look for the Legacy. While the vehicle height was raised by 60mm, the front bumper, side spoiler and rear bumper were newly designed. Those original designs make the body look bolder, thus creating a powerful presence in the Legacy

sedan form. Due to the front and rear fender design with massive wheel arches, vehicle width was extended by 40mm. Combined with the new 18 inch-wheels, wheel arch designs embody power running through the

symmetrical All-Wheel drive, while highlighting the vigor of the Legacy. Chrome parts on the side sill spoiler and rear bumper accentuate high quality.

Interior

With the design concept of “Sportiness” and “Luxury”, quality and functionality were improved. The color of the center panel, front console and steering switch panel was changed from silver to black-metal-like color. Electronic parking brake and “SI-DRIVE” switches were relocated for better usability.

Fuel Efficiency

To satisfy the increasing demands for environmental consciousness and fuel efficiency, the new generation Boxer engine was newly adopted. By combining the light and compact second-generation Lineartronic (CVT), first introduced in the new Impreza, fuel economy was further improved.

Driveability

Low to mid speed torque centers on manageability in practical use and was improved by the adoption of the new generation Boxer engine and the second-generation Lineartronic (CVT). High fuel efficiency and engine output were both achieved. Suspensions were also revised to further refine the unique driving experience of the Legacy : they are fun to drive, giving a secure driving feel, excellent stability in straight line driving and good cornering performance. Body vibration is kept to a minimum and better maneuverability was also achieved due to the setting

change of damper and spring rate, reinforcement of the cradle frame and the body structure.

Safety

Subaru’s renowned crash safety performance, which receives excellent evaluations, has been enhanced by the addition of the bumper beam reinforcement and the knee airbag for a driver. Moreover, the VDC (Vehicle Dynamics Control) with new control system also improved its hazard avoidance capability.

http://i.imgur.com/lnkLe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/7aw7t.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VJx3T.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Q0Pb6.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pfQyd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/i28L5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8isqS.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/VBguo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/brvnH.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That just tells me you're more used to driving a MT vs an AT. I never look down at my speedometer, I have complete control over what speed my car is traveling at and I know exactly what the AT is about to do and when. That's because I've been driving it for a while and I actually pay attention to what it does.

Been driving MT for the last 14 years, so yeah I'd say I'm more used to driving them. I always pay attention to whatever the car I'm driving does as well, and that's what I notice out of AT's.

Hell I don't even know where this thread is going anymore or what the original point was, but still think AT is just a matter of convenience and made people lazy about driving (maybe that was the point) nothing personal but that's just the feeling. I think if more people had to learn to at least drive MT and pass their driving test with a MT, there'd be a lot less people on the road...

Speaking of which, did you hear about the DC carjackers that tried to steal a guys mercedes over the weekend? It was MT and they couldn't drive it, had thrown the husband and wife in the trunk and then had to pull him out to drive the car since they couldn't. He eventually bailed while the car was going.

Haha. I'm thinking it's the lower end of the body that I'm liking compared to the previous 5th gens or something. The side skirts, the fenders and rear bumper are certainly different. Stands out to me.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

I'm not sure I'm reading the text correctly. So that's how a USDM 2013 will look like aside from the chrome headlight and raised height?

no... different grille, side skirts, rear bumper as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I like the rear bumper's additional reflectors - reminds me of the 2008/2009 rear bumper reflectors. I also like those wheels better than the 2010+ GT wheels.

i don't that rear bumper looks terrible other markets have rear reflectors that are much better integrated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if we learn anything from the Gen 4, it would be that the JDM bumper are shorter.

I think the ones that learned from Gen 4 are FHI, Subaru Canada, and SOA not have FHI design a car around a 2.5 mph bumper beam when other markets require a larger 5 mph one. Even with the law change, it's a non issue at this point. The USDM and ROW Legacies are all the same length now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived