LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

Maybe those aren't cameras in the eyesight system...

I usually like electroluminescent gauges, but the pic on the Subaru site with the gauge cluster all lit up looks alarming... It's way too busy/flashy... granted, that's keys in with everything lit up, but stilll... I guess the temperature gauge is back, but aparently it came at a cost...

I prefer the gauge cluster to be clean and simple...

So basically it goes from this:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/dgecse/Forum%20stuff/old-m.jpg

to this:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/dgecse/Forum%20stuff/new-m.jpg

That's the trend - going from a segment display to a TFT display. Anyway - that display looks really good compared to some I have seen.

The tachometer tells me that the newer car probably has the FB engine instead of the EJ.

And to compare with the '10 diesel I have:

http://www.bedug.com/pics/Subaru/ic_diesel.jpg

453747.png

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the trend - going from a segment display to a TFT display. Anyway - that display looks really good compared to some I have seen.

The tachometer tells me that the newer car probably has the FB engine instead of the EJ.

And to compare with the '10 diesel I have:

http://www.bedug.com/pics/Subaru/ic_diesel.jpg

New gauges aren't going to help at all with the looks of the fugly 5th gen. I saw the fake wood trim yuck but hey it has rear vents now! WHOOO! and eye sight!! SOA let me be in charge i'll bring back the spark in the Legacy and Impreza again. By the way B4 my car is a 5 speed manual not a 4spd auto. I guess SOAs philosophy is kill off the enthusiastic GT and gee lets just make CVT's as the only transmission for the Legacy and Impreza!! god damnit quit with the CVT shit already! by the way whats this talk about somebody being fired over releasing pictures of the 2013 Legacy?

Subie, you are so ******* annoying. Do you have to knock on the 5th gen on every single thread? The car is better than yours and that's it.

Go drive your 4th gen NA off of a damn cliff. It's not roomy, it doesn't get great gas mileage, it's not fast, it doesn't look as great as you think it does. Not much going for it.

...ummm, perhaps I'm not recalling the 09MY correctly, but doesn't it also have fake wood trim?

Limiteds did. The black leather had a darker "burlwood" trim (think ivory leather had the same?). The 13 pics so far have shown a burlwood-looking trim with light leather, but a lighter oak-ish trim with black leather.

Subie, you are so ******* annoying. Do you have to knock on the 5th gen on every single thread? The car is better than yours and that's it.

Go drive your 4th gen NA off of a damn cliff. It's not roomy, it doesn't get great gas mileage, it's not fast, it doesn't look as great as you think it does. Not much going for it.

The 5th-gen is better than the 4th-gen in almost every way, except looks. Finally, for 2013, they're nudging the looks in the right direction. They still need to lose those bloated fenders. I think they were trying to copy Audi by using 4 bulging fenders to accentuate the AWD, but they overdid it.

They lose the fenders and I guarantee the car will look.. Well, not so pleasing.

When my dad first saw my car he said he loved all the lines vs just a flat body like everyone else. A lot of people call our cars camrys and accords but the body work has a lot of differences. I like it, it could be done better but I like it. I'm also not sure how the 4th gen would look if you just blew it up to the size of the 5th gen. It was a good looking but small car.

My car's better

No, MY car is better.

NO!, MINE IS

NO!!!111 MINE IS THE BETTER CAR

Go drive off a cliff.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion ;)

They lose the fenders and I guarantee the car will look.. Well, not so pleasing.

I like it without the fat fenders. :iam:

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/0/8AB739252064A6CBCA2579060009F82C/$file/Subaru_Liberty_large.jpg?OpenElement

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

My car's better

No, MY car is better.

NO!, MINE IS

NO!!!111 MINE IS THE BETTER CAR

Go drive off a cliff.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion ;)

It's annoying when a person comes into a thread and constantly bashes the same gen over and over. We get it, you don't like it. I've owned both gens, he can't say the same.

Aside from not having driven the sedan (they are really rare here) I have owned 1st, 4th and 5th gen and the 5th gen is different from the 4th gen. The change is for good and bad - better space, especially in the backseat and you can adjust the angle of the backrest in the backseat too. But on the other hand - the suspension isn't as good as the 4th gen.

But it's not impossible to upgrade sway bars and struts to get a better suspension.

Right now I'm waiting for them to come with a Diesel with CVT, which would be in less than a year so I can at least take a test drive. My opinion is that the Subie CVT is way better than the stepped AT boxes.

453747.png

<snip>

My opinion is that the Subie CVT is way better than the stepped AT boxes.

I wholeheartedly agree, and I also feel that Subaru's CVT is better than Nissan's CVT - at least the one in the Murano.

I drove a 2009 Murano w/ CVT and didn't like it so well.

I later drove a 2010 Legacy w/ CVT and liked it better (1st-gen new CVT).

Then I drove a 2012 Impreza w/ CVT and like that even better (2nd-gen new CVT). The Impreza CVT is tuned more aggressively than the Legacy I drove.

(I stated new CVT to differentiate from the old E-CVT, which I never drove - my Justy was a 5-speed manual)

I believe the 2013 Legacy will have a 2nd-gen CVT, so maybe it will be tuned a little more aggressively too.

Would someone who is better at Photoshop than I am take one of the Legacy photos and do something like this with it?

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i357/ssbtech/Carstuff/LGTChoppedcopy.jpg

Cut off the tall part of the headlight so it is no taller than the top of the grille

Break the headlamp assembly into two

Take the crossbar and Subaru logo in the grille and move it down a bit so it is centered with the headlamps

You know the old saying:

"Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one, and they all stink."

Not sure about yours, but CLEARLY many people's assholes smell like roses. :lol: They can do no wrong.

See: SOA, SOABlog, B4, Subaru, etc... :hide:

:lol::p

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Dude i don't care what you say. I know it's not fast but neither is your 5th gen either. Also why for 2013 does the Legacy only get a 3hp bump? seriously? most midsize cars already have 175-200HP on the base models already. Ozzy enjoy your boring snooze mobile with it's CVT since you're basically the target demographic for boring. By the way 5th gen screams anonymous styling and it lacks soul and character. Say what you want about the 4th you had one you have your opinions,i dont care. I average 30+MPG on the highway.

...ummm, perhaps I'm not recalling the 09MY correctly, but doesn't it also have fake wood trim?

Yes they did come with wood trims but they weren't as bad as the ikea shit thats on the 2013 Legacy. Cancelling the GT makes me a bit worried,i hope they bring it back in the future. If not well shit i guess the Toyotafication will continue of Subaru. I wish Subaru and Mazda teamed up and not with Toyota,Toyota doesn't care about cars or enthusiasts. Mazda has the saying if it's not worth building it's not worth driving. The new CX5 looks amazing and with the 2.3L Mazdaspeed motor in it would be a blast. I hope they build it. Who wants to bet that the 2013 Forester XT will be discontinued next?

I wish Subaru and Mazda teamed up and not with Toyota,Toyota doesn't care about cars or enthusiasts. Mazda has the saying if it's not worth building it's not worth driving. The new CX5 looks amazing and with the 2.3L Mazdaspeed motor in it would be a blast. I hope they build it. Who wants to bet that the 2013 Forester XT will be discontinued next?

I'm :lol: LOUD right now. Thank you! :D

P.S. Mazda is Ford so no go.

P.P.S. I think, and I may be wrong, that you have the quote wrong. Sneaking suspicion...

Would someone who is better at Photoshop than I am take one of the Legacy photos and do something like this with it?

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i357/ssbtech/Carstuff/LGTChoppedcopy.jpg

Cut off the tall part of the headlight so it is no taller than the top of the grille

Break the headlamp assembly into two

Take the crossbar and Subaru logo in the grille and move it down a bit so it is centered with the headlamps

I see where you're going with this. I see potential but other stuff would have to change too. However this would be a good 6th gen direction Subaru.

Dude i don't care what you say. I know it's not fast but neither is your 5th gen either. Also why for 2013 does the Legacy only get a 3hp bump? seriously? most midsize cars already have 175-200HP on the base models already. Ozzy enjoy your boring snooze mobile with it's CVT since you're basically the target demographic for boring. By the way 5th gen screams anonymous styling and it lacks soul and character. Say what you want about the 4th you had one you have your opinions,i dont care. I average 30+MPG on the highway.

Yes they did come with wood trims but they weren't as bad as the ikea shit thats on the 2013 Legacy. Cancelling the GT makes me a bit worried,i hope they bring it back in the future. If not well shit i guess the Toyotafication will continue of Subaru. I wish Subaru and Mazda teamed up and not with Toyota,Toyota doesn't care about cars or enthusiasts. Mazda has the saying if it's not worth building it's not worth driving. The new CX5 looks amazing and with the 2.3L Mazdaspeed motor in it would be a blast. I hope they build it. Who wants to bet that the 2013 Forester XT will be discontinued next?

Your car isn't a snooze mobile? Just because it's manual doesn't make it amazing. Let me put it to you this way, I had 3 cars without a doubt that were more fun to drive than your AMAZING NATURALLY ASPIRATED 4th gen Legacy.

1. 2005 6 speed GTO

2. 2006 5 speed LGT

3. 2006 6 speed Spec-V

Yes, I'm the target market for the snooze mobile. :rolleyes: Please tell me which cars you have owned that are more fun than those three since I'm the perfect demographic for an appliance vehicle. Don't try saying the Spec-V isn't more fun than your Legacy. All I'm saying is that you are annoying with bringing up how shitty the 5th gen is on every thread. Do you really need to get it off of your chest on every single thread you enter?

Are you really stating that your car has soul and character? What kind of soul does it have? Do you realize how bland it looks? 2008-2009 LGT is a nice car, but a little too small. I saw my first 2010+ Graphite Gray LGT in person today and it was absolutely stunning and much better looking than my 2.5i or any previous gen GT I have seen.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it doesn't have to be repeated over and over. I'm sure everyone on the forum knows how much you hate the 5th gen, so why bother repeating it?

By the way, I think the saying is "If it's not worth driving, it's not worth building".. It doesn't make sense the way you stated it.

That's the front I want but the wheel arches are the same in other JDM pics as the USDM. They look subdued in this pic though.

http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/0/8AB739252064A6CBCA2579060009F82C/$file/Subaru_Liberty_large.jpg?OpenElement

I'm :lol: LOUD right now. Thank you! :D

P.S. Mazda is Ford so no go.

P.P.S. I think, and I may be wrong, that you have the quote wrong. Sneaking suspicion...

Technically Mazda and Ford split so they do not share platforms or technology.

Your car isn't a snooze mobile? Just because it's manual doesn't make it amazing. Let me put it to you this way, I had 3 cars without a doubt that were more fun to drive than your AMAZING NATURALLY ASPIRATED 4th gen Legacy.

1. 2005 6 speed GTO

2. 2006 5 speed LGT

3. 2006 6 speed Spec-V

Yes, I'm the target market for the snooze mobile. :rolleyes: Please tell me which cars you have owned that are more fun than those three since I'm the perfect demographic for an appliance vehicle. Don't try saying the Spec-V isn't more fun than your Legacy. All I'm saying is that you are annoying with bringing up how shitty the 5th gen is on every thread. Do you really need to get it off of your chest on every single thread you enter?

Are you really stating that your car has soul and character? What kind of soul does it have? Do you realize how bland it looks? 2008-2009 LGT is a nice car, but a little too small. I saw my first 2010+ Graphite Gray LGT in person today and it was absolutely stunning and much better looking than my 2.5i or any previous gen GT I have seen.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it doesn't have to be repeated over and over. I'm sure everyone on the forum knows how much you hate the 5th gen, so why bother repeating it?

By the way, I think the saying is "If it's not worth driving, it's not worth building".. It doesn't make sense the way you stated it.

Please,I sat in a new then 2010 i wasn't impressed by how huge it was, and the Camry esque dash,not to mention the odd parking brake location. The doors felt solid,but other than that I just can't justify trading mine in for the 5th. The concept was better. I don't like how the trunk is either. Yes the new guages are an improvement and rear vents aswell. The new FB is a strong awesome excellent motor like the FA. Couldn't Subaru just do a DOHC EJ for the legacy with a timing chain also? The EJ is on its way out/ being phased out. These new generation of motors/engines are alot better too,still the EJ was awesome aswell.

Archived