LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, however, as with Toyota & Honda, the enthusiast was severely neglected as the company mass produced drivable appliances. we saw toyotas last ditch efforts as watered down versions of what they could have been (celica & mr2 - I always believed the supra should've been badged a Lexus in order to survive).

it seems the same thing is happening to Subaru... the sti is losing its foothold in the never ending battle with the evo & the 'sport sedan' (now only available in the Camry 3.0r) has been diluted to the point where more housewives will be comfortable driving them. no one knows (except for B4blog- who will never admit it) what subarus future has in store. but from an enthusiast standpoint, I see more & more people looking to the likes of Hyundai to get their turbo fix.

The STI sold on being a rally car, but since the regulations has changed the Impreza is no longer the platform of choice to build a rally car on. The current STI is potent, but also civilized in order to appeal to people that wants a daily driver. To go back into the top tier in rally they need to come up with a completely different car that can compete with econoboxes.

But the trend now with rising gas prices is that people will really look at the fuel consumption figures to get the most miles per gallon. That's why the GT is out of the equation for the moment while CVT gearboxes are spreading. The biggest problem for any manufacturer is to balance between the uniqueness of the brand and being able to get a decent volume.

And in 2013 the first diesels with a CVT will be released, and maybe it will be offered in the US market then.

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/subaru-diesels-to-get-automatic-transmission-20120227-1txa5.html

453747.png

• Mega Users
I wanted to try an experiment on this thread so I'm posting a new video of the 2013 below. The audio didn't work for me but I'm sure they'll fix it. Note: This is not about the 4th gen in any way shape or form.

http://www.subaruny2012.com/2013_Legacy/video.php

Not about the 4th gen? Is that why it's titled 2013 legacy? :lol: There's some nice scenery in that vid...

Wagon? USA? :iam: Ain't gonna happen...

Still trying to figure out why they put a temp gauge back in. I thought that was deemed lowly, useless, and stupid when the 2010 came out without one. :confused:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Wagon? USA? :iam: Ain't gonna happen...

Still trying to figure out why they put a temp gauge back in. I thought that was deemed lowly, useless, and stupid when the 2010 came out without one. :confused:

Probably because it was an easy add to quell complaints. The light was there to save dash space and reads exactly like the gauge does, but I guess people are so simple simon they find comfort in a psuedo gauge that does the same exact thing as the light just taking up way more space.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So SOA appeases simpleton people who want temp gauges? Seems like an odd place to go spend hard earned dollars when it's just simple simon idiots. Why take the time to deal with such stupid people when you can simply make what you want and people will buy it? It worked in 2010-2012, why suddenly change now? I mean, it's just simple simon idiots, what do they matter?
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

So SOA appeases simpleton people who want temp gauges? Seems like an odd place to go spend hard earned dollars when it's just simple simon idiots. Why take the time to deal with such stupid people when you can simply make what you want and people will buy it? It worked in 2010-2012, why suddenly change now? I mean, it's just simple simon idiots, what do they matter?

If Subaru was redesigning the guage cluster? why not? It's not like Subaru hasn't done more drastic fixes on other cars.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But why fix something that wasn't broken? The light solved everything as you said. Why would Subaru add back something that doesn't add value? :confused:

But why fix something that wasn't broken? The light solved everything as you said. Why would Subaru add back something that doesn't add value? :confused:

I guess they deemed it was an easy enough change that did add some sort of value.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wonder how much larger they went with the rear swaybar? A firmer suspension sounds good...

Retuned Suspension Enhances Agility and Ride Quality

Numerous enhancements to the body structure, suspension and steering give the Legacy a smoother and quieter ride for 2013, while also delivering improved handling agility. Greater stiffness at key points of the structure, including the front strut mounts and rear frame rails, helps reduce the transmission of vibration while also contributing to more responsive handling.

In tandem with the structural enhancements, Subaru has increased the diameter of the double-wishbone rear suspension’s sway bar and also increased the spring and damper rates and bushing stiffness. As a result, body roll has been reduced by up to 40 percent. The Legacy driver will experience a more responsive, yet quieter vehicle overall.

I'm not sure how ths is even remotely relevant to my post.

The STI sold on being a rally car, but since the regulations has changed the Impreza is no longer the platform of choice to build a rally car on. The current STI is potent, but also civilized in order to appeal to people that wants a daily driver. To go back into the top tier in rally they need to come up with a completely different car that can compete with econoboxes.

But the trend now with rising gas prices is that people will really look at the fuel consumption figures to get the most miles per gallon. That's why the GT is out of the equation for the moment while CVT gearboxes are spreading. The biggest problem for any manufacturer is to balance between the uniqueness of the brand and being able to get a decent volume.

And in 2013 the first diesels with a CVT will be released, and maybe it will be offered in the US market then.

http://news.drive.com.au/drive/motor-news/subaru-diesels-to-get-automatic-transmission-20120227-1txa5.html

your comment about more miles per gallon makes no sense relative to killing the GT & keeping the H6.

I wonder how much larger they went with the rear swaybar? A firmer suspension sounds good...

Retuned Suspension Enhances Agility and Ride Quality

Numerous enhancements to the body structure, suspension and steering give the Legacy a smoother and quieter ride for 2013, while also delivering improved handling agility. Greater stiffness at key points of the structure, including the front strut mounts and rear frame rails, helps reduce the transmission of vibration while also contributing to more responsive handling.

In tandem with the structural enhancements, Subaru has increased the diameter of the double-wishbone rear suspension’s sway bar and also increased the spring and damper rates and bushing stiffness. As a result, body roll has been reduced by up to 40 percent. The Legacy driver will experience a more responsive, yet quieter vehicle overall.

I wonder as well how much changes were done to the suspension. I figure the new bushings mentioned might be just stiffer top hats and no changes to the control arm bushings. However, I'm just speculating till I see a 2013 in person.

I wonder as well how much changes were done to the suspension. I figure the new bushings mentioned might be just stiffer top hats and no changes to the control arm bushings. However, I'm just speculating till I see a 2013 in person.

I think the RSB may not be the full 19MM from the STI that we've all been using. If stock was around 15 or 16 I bet the 2013 is 17 or 18mm. When the 2013's arrive and I see one I want at a dealers lot I'm gonna put the stock back on in case the new one is not the full 19mm.

i'm liking the new 2013 look. front end refresh fascia reminds me of JDM 08 spec B front end.

It looks nothing like the 08 Spec B :rolleyes:

I do see some resemblance features AND it reminds me of a Camry too!!

Anywho... it's a good looking redesign feature by Subaru. I've decided to trade my 05 in for a '13!

2008_subaru_s402_actf34_fd_1_815.thumb.jpg.01ec7b3b5c58fea40cb6864eb08fd145.jpg

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

I think in a few years Subaru will be on par with the rest of the mainstream manufacturers in the features they offer. They have been behind for a little while, it seems like they are finally catching up. Updated transmissions, engines, technology, and in turn they are boosting mpg across the board. I'm hoping that the redesigned WRX/STI will be something very impressive. They can throw the CVT in there if they would like(seems that's the way they are headed with all their automatics), but they better have a 6 speed manual option.

I think the RSB may not be the full 19MM from the STI that we've all been using. If stock was around 15 or 16 I bet the 2013 is 17 or 18mm. When the 2013's arrive and I see one I want at a dealers lot I'm gonna put the stock back on in case the new one is not the full 19mm.

I agree that the RSB will be slightly smaller than the STi. Even with the current stock RSB exhibits mid corner speed oversteer.

The EJ is likely to see end of life soon.

After 24 years of service, I think that's to be expected.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived