LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm kind of glad I'm not stuck with that EyeSight thing; I'm not a big fan of the whole letting my car take that much control away from me. What if I want to ram the person in front of me? Can I still do that?

Ooooo and it has push button start, oh boy oh boy! Almost as useless as a temp gauge! :lol:

Wait wait wait... a TEMP gauge!?!!??! :eek: I thought these things were useless? :lol: B4!!! WTF happened? :p

Push to start as well!?!!? HOLY F***BALLS!

See page 3 for Harvest Brown Interior and Temp Gauge. :lol:

http://www.subaru.com/content/downloads/pdf/brochures/13NYAS_LEG_OBK.pdf

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Wait wait wait... a TEMP gauge!?!!??! :eek: I thought these things were useless? :lol: B4!!! WTF happened? :p

Push to start as well!?!!? HOLY F***BALLS!

See page 3 for Harvest Brown Interior and Temp Gauge. :lol:

http://www.subaru.com/content/downloads/pdf/brochures/13NYAS_LEG_OBK.pdf

although he quality of leather is probably shit, I like the color.

why are you stuck on repeat? The XV is a global car that is on its 2nd generation. The first generation was sold globally.

http://futurekars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/subaru-impreza-xv-6_460x0w.jpg

The 2nd gen will also be sold in the US.

it's 148 hp...and yes it will be slow. What's your point? It will be faster than a Prius and goodness knows there are enough of those around. The brand new Mazda CX-5 has 155 hp and is 300lbs heavier than the XV. The kicker is that the XV STILL has a better power to weight ratio than your car while offering up better power delivery and a better torque curve than your car.

There's an Impreza sedan, hatch, and CUV. 3 variants if I count correctly. March marked both the Impreza's and Legacy's best month ever... as in they each sold more cars than in any other individual month EVER. So by dead, you mean highly successful.

I like the look of the XV, If there were an XV XT :spin: I might consider looking at it. I would actually rather see a CX-5 Turbo though, it's a great looking little CUV.

I'm kind of glad I'm not stuck with that EyeSight thing; I'm not a big fan of the whole letting my car take that much control away from me. What if I want to ram the person in front of me? Can I still do that?

Ooooo and it has push button start, oh boy oh boy! Almost as useless as a temp gauge! :lol:

Push button start and memory seats are reserved for the Outback only for some reason.

Push button start and memory seats are reserved for the Outback only for some reason.
From the press releases, the "Keyless Access & Start" system is available on both Legacy and Outback. In the Outback, it's part of the "Special Appearance Package," which also includes memory seats.

Apparently these are only available on Legacy in Limited trim. (Not listed as one of the three option packages (1. AWP, 2. Moonroof & Rear Camera & Homelink Mirror, 3. HK Audio) for the Premium trims.)

Legacy:

Increased Interior Comfort and Convenience

New seat fabric feels more comfortable and enhances comfort in the 2013 Legacy, while dark, glossy wood grain trim provides a luxurious appearance on Limited models. Limited trim level models for 2013 feature a new rear-seat A/C outlet.

With the Keyless Access & Start system, the driver can unlock the car by touching the door handle while carrying the remote control in a pocket or purse. (The trunk also has an unlock touch sensor.) A start/stop switch operates the ignition. A new electro-luminescent instrument cluster in the Limited models integrates a 3.5-inch color screen for the multi-information display, which also shows EyeSight functions when the car is so equipped.

Outback:

Enhanced Interior Comfort and Convenience

New, more comfortable seat fabric and a new light matte wood grain trim provide a sophisticated appearance. The Outback Limited models for 2013 offer a new Special Appearance Package option that provides a new Keyless Access & Start system along with a two-position memory system for the already-standard 10-way power driver's seat. With the Keyless Access & Start system, the driver, while carrying the remote control in a pocket or purse, can unlock the car by touching the door handle button. The rear gate also has an unlock touch sensor.

Also in the Limited models, a new electro-luminescent instrument cluster integrates the 3.5-in. color screen for the multi-information display, which also shows EyeSight functions when the car is so equipped. Rear A/C outlets have also been added as standard to Limited models, to make the standard 60/40 split-reclining rear seats an even more hospitable place to be.

The Outback was the first crossover to feature as standard factory-installed foldable roof crossbars. For 2013, a new adjustable design allows the rear crossbar to be moved rearward to carry longer items; the distance between the front and rear bars can now be increased from the standard 29.9 inches up to 39.7 inches. This enhancement, made as a direct result of Outback owner feedback, allows greater ease in carrying longer items like kayaks and other outdoor gear on the already easy-to-use roof rack system.

No matter how you slice it, the BL was too small for the segment it competed in. The BM still on the smaller side for footprint dimensions in the segment while boasting one of the roomiest interiors.

http://i44.tinypic.com/5uep2u.jpg

I don't really care about the numbers, it's how the space is used that counts. I've been in cars with more headroom and legroom on paper, but seem smaller and more cramped.

What is with this god awful trend of sticking the gauges down at the end of pieces of sewer pipe? I don't want to have to look down tubes at the gauges.

And going by those photos, it looks like the "Door open" icon no longer shows which door is open.

WTF is that thing in the middle? Looks like the computer Luke used to shoot down Tie Fighters.
Maybe those aren't cameras in the eyesight system...

I usually like electroluminescent gauges, but the pic on the Subaru site with the gauge cluster all lit up looks alarming... It's way too busy/flashy... granted, that's keys in with everything lit up, but stilll... I guess the temperature gauge is back, but aparently it came at a cost...

I prefer the gauge cluster to be clean and simple...

So basically it goes from this:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/dgecse/Forum%20stuff/old-m.jpg

to this:

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m186/dgecse/Forum%20stuff/new-m.jpg

Does anyone miss the good ol days when gauges were mechanical and illuminated with a light bulb? Remember when our right foot actually had a physical connection to the throttle body. *sigh*, cars are becoming like autonomous robots that are going to take over all human inputs and drive themselves soon enough.....

Is there any change ever that you guys are happy about ?

:hide:

No. I like current gauges more if they had the temp gauge. I'll need to see what the information gauge in the center provides in operation to say if I like it more. At night either gauge will be easy to glance down at so either way they work.

Archived