LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

How about you start a new thread about how much you dislike the 5th gen instead of trolling this one?? Your comments are your comments. I don't give a **** about them, but you have a right to say them. Please grow up, and take it to your own thread. This is the OFFICIAL 2013 LEGACY THREAD, not the SUBIES4LIFE HATES 5TH GENS, AND EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD TOO THREAD.

Now, back to the real purpose of this thread.

*edit* Subies4Life,http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/stolen-nasioc-and-edited-applicable-here-also-183392.html?t=183392. Take not of this link and please follow the rules.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Mega Users
Would someone who is better at Photoshop than I am take one of the Legacy photos and do something like this with it?

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i357/ssbtech/Carstuff/LGTChoppedcopy.jpg

Cut off the tall part of the headlight so it is no taller than the top of the grille

Break the headlamp assembly into two

Take the crossbar and Subaru logo in the grille and move it down a bit so it is centered with the headlamps

I think with my epic photoshop skills, I was able to fix the minor details that are wrong with this model.

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=115772&d=1333766320

LGTChoppedcopy.jpg.670de167c4711d664b1d364fbff132e1.jpg

Kind of like a Civic and a Camry.

Toyota sold 105,405 Camry's in the first quarter of this year and Honda sold 77,169 Civic's in the first quarter of this year. Subaru would kill for sales numbers like that...

I think with my epic photoshop skills, I was able to fix the minor details that are wrong with this model.
I see your point - I thought the freshening of the exterior for 2013 was a dramatic step backwards, too - maybe not that far back, but still....

I usually hate admins stepping in but I really wish they could step in and save this thread or any other one we try to start. I can't believe such trolling is going on here and the amount of ignorant BS of people trying to defend themselves. Perhaps this site is in the process as becoming extinct like the GT because if these 4th gen trolls don't go away I think some other people will. Considering they want nothing to do with Subaru going forward whats the point? Eventually they're going to get out of they aging cars and this site will be a ghost land once they leave.

Personally I see absolutely no reason for a flame war between 4th gen owners and 5th gen owners. There are definitely some loudmouths on here for both generations, but everyone should just grow up a little and learn that just because you CAN open your mouth doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Yes, I have a 4th gen. Yes, I think the 5th gen is ugly. Yes, I prefer the 4th gen to the 5th. Still, having only driven a 5th gen GT once for a few minutes (as opposed to a 4th gen GT every day), I can't legitimately say which drives better. No one can rightly say which IS better, but I'm still entitled to my opinion on the matter.

I think the 2013 Legacy looks better than the 2010, 2011, or 2012...at least a little. And I'm sad the GT is gone. And I think the 2005 looks better than the 2013. Am I a troll?

I wholeheartedly agree, and I also feel that Subaru's CVT is better than Nissan's CVT - at least the one in the Murano.

I drove a 2009 Murano w/ CVT and didn't like it so well.

I later drove a 2010 Legacy w/ CVT and liked it better (1st-gen new CVT).

Then I drove a 2012 Impreza w/ CVT and like that even better (2nd-gen new CVT). The Impreza CVT is tuned more aggressively than the Legacy I drove.

(I stated new CVT to differentiate from the old E-CVT, which I never drove - my Justy was a 5-speed manual)

I believe the 2013 Legacy will have a 2nd-gen CVT, so maybe it will be tuned a little more aggressively too.

I actually did test drive the ECVT once, and even that was nice. I suspect that they took some experience from that gearbox when they built the current CVT.

453747.png

Toyota sold 105,405 Camry's in the first quarter of this year and Honda sold 77,169 Civic's in the first quarter of this year. Subaru would kill for sales numbers like that...

And look where Toyota and Honda are today,building bland boring and cheaply built/made appliances for the mainstream public. Where did Toyota and Honda put all their R&D money into this whole time? because it obviously didn't go into quality or refinement or styling either. Toyota is improving a small bit but not Honda at all.

And look where Toyota and Honda are today,building bland boring appliances for the mainstream public.

If that's what the mainstream public wants, then it keeps the shareholders happy.

I don't like it any more than you, but it's the way it is.

And look where Toyota and Honda are today,building bland boring and cheaply built/made appliances for the mainstream public. Where did Toyota and Honda put all their R&D money into this whole time? because it obviously didn't go into quality or refinement or styling either. Toyota is improving a small bit but not Honda at all.
Oh I agree many of the cars Honda and Toyota are puking out definitely don't cater to the enthusiast, however - they sell really, really well, making both companies lots and lots of money... and I think both companies are perfectly happy placating the masses.

Personally I see absolutely no reason for a flame war between 4th gen owners and 5th gen owners. There are definitely some loudmouths on here for both generations, but everyone should just grow up a little and learn that just because you CAN open your mouth doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Yes, I have a 4th gen. Yes, I think the 5th gen is ugly. Yes, I prefer the 4th gen to the 5th. Still, having only driven a 5th gen GT once for a few minutes (as opposed to a 4th gen GT every day), I can't legitimately say which drives better. No one can rightly say which IS better, but I'm still entitled to my opinion on the matter.

I think the 2013 Legacy looks better than the 2010, 2011, or 2012...at least a little. And I'm sad the GT is gone. And I think the 2005 looks better than the 2013. Am I a troll?

No, IMO that in itself isn't trolling. But it doesn't need to be said over and over again. I don't like looking at this thread for updates and hearing about Honda, Toyota Etc. I mean we all know Fuji Heavy Industries is in business to make friends so everyone likes them and I'm sure they're feelings are hurt when they read this forum. They're probably very confused right now as to which direction they should go since sales are up and some internet people don't like them. I can only imagine how sad they are in their board meetings and when they look at their bigger paychecks than they had in 2005-2009.....some of you are complete idiots when it comes to understanding the real world and how things work.

People who want toys can buy an STI or BRZ, in their eyes thats enough not every car can be fast. CAFE regulations ARE coming no one can stop them so automakers have to get their MPG averages up for their fleets. CVTs are here and Hybrid CVTs are coming.

I did a ton of research 4 years back and got the wife on board for a 4th Gen. Picked out a car, went out to buy it, sat in it and walked away....too small.

I like my 5th Gen a lot but I don't Love it. The reason I don't love it is the steering and suspension setup. It corners amazing with the RSB but it doesn't connect with me. If Subaru has improved that on the 2013's I'm going to buy one because I think the looks and new features are better. They are not enough on their own to cause me to switch but since I drive 15k a year I want to enjoy the car more than I do at the moment. Maybe in this regard I would have liked a 4th gen better, but I'll never know and don't really care either.

if that's the case, Subaru is well on their way to catching up w/ the mainstream.

fox, you make some good points.

While I would never buy a 5th gen for myself, I have to say that I really like them because they're making money for Subaru. I also wouldn't buy a Toyota, but I'm glad they bought up some of FHI, again because of the money that the partnership is helping Subaru make.

I'm glad the BRZ exists.

I'm glad the new impreza exists.

I'm glad that fuel economy is improving across the range.

I'm glad that the new powerplants are more modern than the ej's.

I'm looking forward to the 6th gen Legacy.

I'm looking forward to the new wrx/sti family, when it comes.

As long as Subaru keeps offering me what I want in a car, I'll be happy that the company can offer the majority of the car-buying public what it wants too. And if that's a Camry, so be it.

I think that's why some 4th gen owners have their boxers in a twist - because there are indications that Subaru might not offer cars they want. They killed the manual gt wagon, and then they killed the wagon, and now they killed the gt altogether. I think you're just seeing a lot of frustration in these threads.

For me, I think everything comes and goes, and right now the company is in the process of realigning itself, and that the enthusiast vehicles WILL RETURN, but that they have to return in a way that fits with the overall business model of the company (including CAFE standards and the relatively new Toyota tie-in). The very existence of the BRZ shows, clearly, that the aforementioned business model DOES have space for enthusiast models, and I think the purpose of separating the wrx from the impreza line will allow each to be better at its particular task -- the impreza will be what it is: efficient, practical, and yes, a little bland, while the wrx/sti will no longer be saddled with being essentially a modified version of something that started life as efficient, practical, and a little bland.

As for the Legacy...well, I guess we'll see. I sincerely hope the GT comes back, but it's possible it won't if they try to pigeonhole the wrx/sti as the performance model (and leave the BRZ as the black sheep of the family -- which it really is, if you think about it). I guess we'll see. Hopefully SOA will see fit to let loose at least a few turbo'd 6th-gen legacies. After all, you know they'll get them overseas.

Anyway, everybody just needs to calm down. Seriously.

Oh, P.S.: I don't care what anybody says. The current Camry is a better looking car than the current Legacy.

Well put Mr. Dagwood.

My addition: The more bland cars Subaru has, the more they sell. The more cars Subaru sells the better the chances they'll make some higher performance cars in the future.

My only worry is that they'll have the BRZ and Impreza as their performance oriented cars.

I don't want a BRZ, and I don't want a WRX/STi based on their econo-model Impreza. I want a Legacy GT wagon damnit!! :lol:

I don't want a BRZ, and I don't want a WRX/STi based on their econo-model Impreza. I want a Legacy GT wagon damnit!! :lol:

Don't hold your breath for it, but it would be an interesting thing if they offered a GT as wagon only.

However I suspect that they put the GT on hold until they have a turbo version of the FA or FB engine with a decent fuel consumption. The EJ is likely to see end of life soon.

453747.png

I usually hate admins stepping in but I really wish they could step in and save this thread or any other one we try to start. I can't believe such trolling is going on here and the amount of ignorant BS of people trying to defend themselves. Perhaps this site is in the process as becoming extinct like the GT because if these 4th gen trolls don't go away I think some other people will. Considering they want nothing to do with Subaru going forward whats the point? Eventually they're going to get out of they aging cars and this site will be a ghost land once they leave.

Very well put, but I don't agree with mods intervening more, they can't become forum nannies; it becomes a slippery slope where too much intervention occurs and then people become wary of posting what they feel/think, and i think it's that demonstration of personality that comes out when people don't edit/censor themselves that makes this forum interesting

That being said, a lot of us could behave a lot better :rolleyes:. When I start to really get into it with someone, I think I've learned to eventually laugh it off as irreconcilable differences and just drop it/move on/ignore it. It's just an internet forum; I think a lot of arguments/flame wars would be stopped if more people just said that to themselves more often.

Do you know how much money both Honda and Toyota make? You do realize they are both wildly successful automotive manufacturers that revolutionized the entire concept of quality control in how every company not only builds cars, but structures any kind of production/line operation?

No, IMO that in itself isn't trolling. But it doesn't need to be said over and over again[.....]some of you are complete idiots when it comes to understanding the real world and how things work.

Often times when I read posts from people like that I wonder if they're some 16yr old kid that thinks they know everything (like me when I was 16 :rolleyes:).

if that's the case, Subaru is well on their way to catching up w/ the mainstream.

That's all that a lot of financial magazines have been talking about the past few years.....people should be happy about this simply because, indirectly, if Subaru "catches up w/ the mainstream", they have more money to do more R&D and expand the number of cars they can offer (....I think that's already happening). Sure maybe things being offered right now might be a bit bland or more of the same, but who knows what's going to be sold in 4 years? BRZ turbo, new WRX, new STI, new XV (perhaps a sport trim or something), and perhaps a totally redesigned LGT. The possibilities are endless so long as Subaru remains profitable, which these days is becoming a lot harder to do as a car manufacturer!

That's all that a lot of financial magazines have been talking about the past few years.....people should be happy about this simply because, indirectly, if Subaru "catches up w/ the mainstream", they have more money to do more R&D and expand the number of cars they can offer (....I think that's already happening). Sure maybe things being offered right now might be a bit bland or more of the same, but who knows what's going to be sold in 4 years? BRZ turbo, new WRX, new STI, new XV (perhaps a sport trim or something), and perhaps a totally redesigned LGT. The possibilities are endless so long as Subaru remains profitable, which these days is becoming a lot harder to do as a car manufacturer!

I agree, however, as with Toyota & Honda, the enthusiast was severely neglected as the company mass produced drivable appliances. we saw toyotas last ditch efforts as watered down versions of what they could have been (celica & mr2 - I always believed the supra should've been badged a Lexus in order to survive).

it seems the same thing is happening to Subaru... the sti is losing its foothold in the never ending battle with the evo & the 'sport sedan' (now only available in the Camry 3.0r) has been diluted to the point where more housewives will be comfortable driving them. no one knows (except for B4blog- who will never admit it) what subarus future has in store. but from an enthusiast standpoint, I see more & more people looking to the likes of Hyundai to get their turbo fix.

That being said, a lot of us could behave a lot better :rolleyes:. When I start to really get into it with someone, I think I've learned to eventually laugh it off as irreconcilable differences and just drop it/move on/ignore it. It's just an internet forum; I think a lot of arguments/flame wars would be stopped if more people just said that to themselves more often.

:nono: ARGUE MORE! :mad: We're not done here...

Oh wait! Everything was already shown about the 2013 model? Ohhhh... :lol:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

500 POSTS! :lol:

Seriously though... this thread ran it's course one page after Howard got fired. We all know the facts, we all know the styling, we all know we can't agree.

Admit it, this thread has been a trolling ground for both gens since the info was finalized by SOA's press release. :)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Archived