LegacyGT.com

OFFICIAL 2013 Legacy Thread

LegGTLT

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would LOVE to go to either at some point, my dad's been to NZ, loved it. It's definitely on the list of places to see before I die (hopefully I live through Israel :lol:).

where in Israel are you going that you would be concerned for your safety?

Autoblog has Legacy and Outback photos from NYAS.

Thanks for the link! :D

I'll give credit where credit is due, I like the new front end better. :) Almost like a grown up STI front. A little edgier but not out there. Would look great with a hood scoop! :lol: They did a nice refresh. I wish they would have redone the rear end a little too though. It could use some edges or shape or something back there.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Oh that makes me feel MUCH better :lol:. How's the scuba diving there?

I wasn't certified and decided that I wanted to free snorkel more than learn to scuba/get licensed/pay obscene tourist $$$. I'm fine holding my breath and swimming straight down in an open ocean so I did that to get closer when it warranted it. Obviously scuba would be 10x as amazing but I still really liked it.

We picked a smaller boat (maybe 40 or so people) that went to three different spots throughout the day. I would choose one that was even smaller next time if I could and just do two spots. Too much in and out time wasted. :(

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

where in Israel are you going that you would be concerned for your safety?

Well....the Golan Heights borders Syria....and you know what's going on there.

We're basically going everywhere but the Negev desert (so we won't be near Gaza). I'm really only concerned about Syria, and even then not that much. I've been to Israel before.

Instead of making the Legacy bigger in 2010 they should have kept it the same size and introduced a larger family sedan. Think A4/A6.

The Impreza should have been made a bit smaller. There are a ton of smaller cars running around now and it would have done well in the smaller segment.

And if nobody bought the gen 4 Legacy because it was too small and ugly, then what the hell is Subaru doing making the Impreza and WRX into what the gen 4 Legacy was?

i'm liking the new 2013 look. front end refresh fascia reminds me of JDM 08 spec B front end.

It's a shame they killed off the GT line. My Legacy Turbo dream will never come true now :( Without the GT trim, I wish they would at least UP the power numbers to at least 200+

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

And if nobody bought the gen 4 Legacy because it was too small and ugly, then what the hell is Subaru doing making the Impreza and WRX into what the gen 4 Legacy was?

I think it's standard practice these days for car companies to make the new compact car like the old full size car (i.e. the new corolla is more like an older camry, the new civic looks like an older accord, etc etc.). Why this is, I'm not entirely sure, but I definitely see it when new models come out, so it's not surprising to me that the new impreza is starting to look like it's big brother.

Instead of making the Legacy bigger in 2010 they should have kept it the same size and introduced a larger family sedan. Think A4/A6.

The Impreza should have been made a bit smaller. There are a ton of smaller cars running around now and it would have done well in the smaller segment.

I don't think you're the only one with your perception not in touch with reality, but the A4 is Legacy Sized. They both grew... the Audi more so than the Legacy.

LxWxH

186.4 x 71.7 x 59.3 2012 Legacy

185.2 x 71.9 x 56.2 2012 Audi

185.0 x 68.1 x 56.1 2005 Legacy

180.6 x 69.8 x 56.2 2005 Audi

I don't see Subaru introducing a full sized car as that segment has been dying since ~2006.

The Impreza has the same height and width as most cars in the segment and is actually more narrow than the segment... and that's with the flared fenders. It's class competitive size wise. The last gen legacy EPA classified as a compact with a midsized price tag and full size fuel economy. The Impreza is a compact with a compact price tag and compact fuel economy.

We will probably never see a subcompact Subaru in the US unless it's a rebadge. It would definitely not have a fully independent suspension, boxer engine, and AWD. With very little profit in subcompacts, manufacturers hope to break even on subcompacts in an effort to draw in younger and/or price sensitive customers to their brands in hopes of retaining them for future purchases. It's much easier for large companies to brave the risk of losing money while offsetting losses with other products to hopefully make money in the future.

It's even tougher for Japanese brands right now with the appreciating yen and the low value of dollar. A yen appreciation alone would make a low margin car swing from profitable to unprofitable. All of a sudden you're losing money on every subcompact car you sell. This is why the Mazda2 costs more than its Fiesta chassis partner with less styling, less engine, less fuel economy, 4EAT vs 6EAT, and less standard and optional equipment. The smaller Japanese company has to cut to come in at a competitive price with a hedge against the Yen, and even then it still costs more money. This is also why Honda is moving Fit production to Mexico.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think you're the only one with your perception not in touch with reality, but the A4 is Legacy Sized. They both grew... the Audi more so than the Legacy.

I don't care what size the Legacy/A4 are, I said Subaru should have kept the Legacy the same size, introduced a larger sedan to make barge-lovers happy then done something else with the Impreza.

If you're saying the Legacy sold poorly because of the size, then what does that say about the new Impreza?

I can tell you one thing i hope Mazda makes an AWD next gen 6 if they do they will dominate the segment next to the next gen Fusion Sport. I love their new design direction Kodo,the Takeri is beautiful as is the Shinari. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/11/lead-mazda-takeri-live-1322620290.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/29/mazda-takeri-concept-tokyo-motor-show-2011/&h=418&w=628&sz=66&tbnid=XxVp_jiLUiFdQM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=135&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmazda%2Btakeri%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=mazda+takeri&docid=ndOsBG2OzZiQwM&sa=X&ei=_U19T8eEMIiQ9QTAuMSVDQ&ved=0CFQQ9QEwBA&dur=197

Also VW has a concept alltrack 4 motion diesel passat wagon,and hopefully they make that as well. It looks a hell of a lot better than the clusterfuck Outback. http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/04/volkswagen-passat-alltrack-concept-2012-new-york/

So the GT is discontinued yet theres a lifted body cladding disaster XV Crosstrek,basically Impreza coming out? WTF SOA...Seriously how many versions of the Impreza do we need? it doesn't look any different from the other Imprezas and it's called a CUV? it has 148 hp it's slow as shit and comes with ugly hideous wheels and orange color? Honestly the only new cars i really only care about from Subaru is the WRX/STI and next gen WRX/STI and BRZ and possibly the 6th gen Legacy. The Impreza is dead,and the Legacy currently is aswell. Since the GT not only is history but it will remain a Legacy for many years to come for collectors. How much more body cladding,can they stick on the Outback before it turns into a colossal mess as it basically already is. The GT wasn't selling well? seriously? strange..maybe they're working on the 6th gen next gen version with an FB Turbo motor?

That Mazda is awful, and the VW is bland.

The one to watch out for is the next Ford Fusion.

How is it awful? yeah the passat looks boring but it looks better than the current Outback yuck. I think the next Mazda 6 will be amazing. The Fusion looks good too but it's going to be built in Mexico for ahwile it seems i guess.

I don't care what size the Legacy/A4 are, I said Subaru should have kept the Legacy the same size, introduced a larger sedan to make barge-lovers happy then done something else with the Impreza.

No matter how you slice it, the BL was too small for the segment it competed in. The BM still on the smaller side for footprint dimensions in the segment while boasting one of the roomiest interiors.

http://i44.tinypic.com/5uep2u.jpg

If you're saying the Legacy sold poorly because of the size, then what does that say about the new Impreza?

The Impreza has the same height and width as most cars in the segment and is actually more narrow than the segment... and that's with the flared fenders. It's class competitive size wise. The last gen legacy EPA classified as a compact with a midsized price tag and full size fuel economy. The Impreza is a compact with a compact price tag and compact fuel economy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

any pics of the new gauge cluster around?

The rear hvac vents would be nice to have... will be interesting to see what's needed for a retrofit...

There's a new gauge cluster? Like totally new? Or slightly different color theme new?

http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee430/isapproved/Capture-1.png

I can tell you one thing i hope Mazda makes an AWD next gen 6 if they do they will dominate the segment next to the next gen Fusion Sport. I love their new design direction Kodo,the Takeri is beautiful as is the Shinari. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/11/lead-mazda-takeri-live-1322620290.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/29/mazda-takeri-concept-tokyo-motor-show-2011/&h=418&w=628&sz=66&tbnid=XxVp_jiLUiFdQM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=135&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dmazda%2Btakeri%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=mazda+takeri&docid=ndOsBG2OzZiQwM&sa=X&ei=_U19T8eEMIiQ9QTAuMSVDQ&ved=0CFQQ9QEwBA&dur=197

Also VW has a concept alltrack 4 motion diesel passat wagon,and hopefully they make that as well. It looks a hell of a lot better than the clusterfuck Outback. http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/04/volkswagen-passat-alltrack-concept-2012-new-york/

So the GT is discontinued yet theres a lifted body cladding disaster XV Crosstrek,basically Impreza coming out? WTF SOA...Seriously how many versions of the Impreza do we need? it doesn't look any different from the other Imprezas and it's called a CUV? it has 148 hp it's slow as shit and comes with ugly hideous wheels and orange color? Honestly the only new cars i really only care about from Subaru is the WRX/STI and next gen WRX/STI and BRZ and possibly the 6th gen Legacy. The Impreza is dead,and the Legacy currently is aswell. Since the GT not only is history but it will remain a Legacy for many years to come for collectors. How much more body cladding,can they stick on the Outback before it turns into a colossal mess as it basically already is. The GT wasn't selling well? seriously? strange..maybe they're working on the 6th gen next gen version with an FB Turbo motor?

why are you stuck on repeat? The XV is a global car that is on its 2nd generation. The first generation was sold globally.

http://futurekars.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/subaru-impreza-xv-6_460x0w.jpg

The 2nd gen will also be sold in the US.

it's 148 hp...and yes it will be slow. What's your point? It will be faster than a Prius and goodness knows there are enough of those around. The brand new Mazda CX-5 has 155 hp and is 300lbs heavier than the XV. The kicker is that the XV STILL has a better power to weight ratio than your car while offering up better power delivery and a better torque curve than your car.

There's an Impreza sedan, hatch, and CUV. 3 variants if I count correctly. March marked both the Impreza's and Legacy's best month ever... as in they each sold more cars than in any other individual month EVER. So by dead, you mean highly successful.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have they really decided to ax the GT?

If they are going to go down the road of brand dilution, they should just make the AWD optional. Have the legacy be FWD and add an optional AWD model. This way they can advertise the higher MPG and really try to compete with the accords/camrys of the world.

Confirmed

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/04/04/subaru-tweaks-legacy-and-outback-for-2013-kills-off-2-5gt/

Archived