LegacyGT.com

picking up bmw 328xi w nav monday

I'm interested in the post he started on his Bimmer forum and how he's making us all out to be jealous, bmw-hating, hairy lesbians

bet he doesn't post there. they're not jealous of you when they have the same thing. why do you think he keeps posting here? because he's lacking in the 'endowment' department and talking to us peons with our subaru's about his FREAKIN' AWESOME 328 gives it the regular inflating it needs..

I was originally wondering why this was in the 4th gen forum, and not 'other cars vs legacy'.. but after having read this whole thread the OP clearly felt that because it has a 'bmw' badge on it there was no real comparing it to a legacy.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good thing the OP didn't try to compare the 328xi to a spec.b, otherwise the interweb might've exploded.

Our swear filter is broken? When did that happen?

bet he doesn't post there. they're not jealous of you when they have the same thing. why do you think he keeps posting here? because he's lacking in the 'endowment' department and talking to us peons with our subaru's about his FREAKIN' AWESOME 328 gives it the regular inflating it needs..

I was originally wondering why this was in the 4th gen forum, and not 'other cars vs legacy'.. but after having read this whole thread the OP clearly felt that because it has a 'bmw' badge on it there was no real comparing it to a legacy.

You think nazicock is bad? Try bimmerforums.com. I loved my e39 until I joined that site.

I bet you could put a bmw badge on a spec.b and the OP would think it was the most awesome thing to come out of germany. probably wouldn't even notice it was lacking all of this:

1. Better speakers. 8 speakers and 2 subwoofers.

2. LGT 08 Model doesn't come with USB.

3. BMW heated seats also heat the back very well, not just behind :p

4. Memory keys. Each key remembers your settings, such as seat, radio settings, mirror, etc. When you get in your profile is set.

5. Superior suspension. Can achieve higher speeds without feeling like I will go off the road.

6. Nav includes traffic info and is wide screen format. Can display two different things at the same time. Such as left would be FM Radio and Right Nav. Also FM radio receives station and song info.

7. Electronic Folding mirrors and Park assist (mirror goes down when parking)

8. Side mirrors. Anti glare, turn to blue tint at night. Samething with rear mirror (I know subaru sells that as separate accessory)

9. Driver seat goes in some 14 different positions.

10. Passenger seat actually goes up and down.

11. Additional heated and cooling zone for rear passengers.

12. Bluetooth.

13. Beverage heating or cooling.

14. And the list keeps going...

DISCLAIMER: I don't actually endorse defacing spec.bs my comment was merely for illustrative purposes.

I bet you could put a bmw badge on a spec.b and the OP would think it was the most awesome thing to come out of germany

Wait, I thought it was the most awesome thing to come out of Germany. It kicked the Nazi's ass in WWII and drove straight home

3 series sedans are wider but in length they are shorter.

Don't know about that. Hers is an '06 so maybe that year was different, but there was significantly more room to work in the garage all around.

maybe you missed the gm marketing campaign from the mid/late 90's informing us that 'wider is better'.. if wider is better, and the bmw 328 is better than a LGT, then the bmw 328 has to be wider than a LGT. Pretty sure there was a mathematic property that explained that law for us.. I'm drawing a blank right now though, someone here must know the name of it..

Our german foreign exchange student said most German like Audi's and BMW's. I would own one, but the dealership is over an hour away and booked two weeks in advance for most repairs.

It's not really fair to compare a four year old car that cost as much now as the Subaru did four years ago. Most service/warranty agreements don't cover shocks, struts, springs, brakes, seat covers and other normal wear and tear. Those add to the luxury feel.

Don't know about that. Hers is an '06 so maybe that year was different, but there was significantly more room to work in the garage all around.

This is 2008 3 series sedan

Width: 71.5 in.

Height: 55.9 in.

Length: 178.2 in.

This is LGT 08

Width: 68.1 in.

Height: 56.1 in.

Length: 185.0 in.

I can see the car being wider because the mirrors are closer to the sides of the garage door now AND I have more space from the garage door to the back of the car.

maybe you missed the gm marketing campaign from the mid/late 90's informing us that 'wider is better'.. if wider is better, and the bmw 328 is better than a LGT, then the bmw 328 has to be wider than a LGT. Pretty sure there was a mathematic property that explained that law for us.. I'm drawing a blank right now though, someone here must know the name of it..

Yeah, I remember that. Hell I bought into it. Widetrack is Back. They used that for the 1997+ Grand Prixs. Actually a rehash of the original "Wider is Better" for the GTO from the muscle car era.

This is 2008 3 series sedan

I can see the car being wider because the mirrors are closer to the sides of the garage door now AND I have more space from the garage door to the back of the car.

Yeah, I checked the '06 also. True the bimmer is wider at mirrors and the wheel track. My bad.

BMW a woman's car? Ummm, Dan Neil calls the Legacy a "very nice economy car" that "feels like an all-wheel-drive Honda Accord." You know what they say about people in glass houses.

The Subaru designs are no great shakes. Frankly, anyone who comes up behind a Legacy might think that grandma is driving it if they don't know what the GT badge means.

We don't need a swear filter on here. We need a maturity filter. I say enjoy your cars for what they are instead of trying to make them something they're not.

You're way too caught up in image. Just because it's a BMW doesn't mean it isn't a woman's car. The X3, X5, 3-series (besides M3 and 335), Z3/4 roadsters, and heck even the base 5-series are typically driven by the same women who require "brand name" handbags a la Fendi, Gucci, Coach, L.V. etc. etc. My ex had a 318i (garbage) purely because it was a BMW, and my current girl had a 540i and based that purchase on the brand as well - no other criteria or understanding of ownership costs.

I live in a town dominated by Subaru's. At the gym yesterday I came out to see an OBXT, a 2nd gen OB, late model Forester, and a OB SUS all in a row around mine after an hour and a half. Interestingly enough this is an area surrounded by active, athletic, outdoorsy people with ski resorts, freshwater lakes, rivers, etc. etc. in abundance. So actually most drivers have racks for their gear and aren't slowed by weather and conditions we get year round - quite opposite of your "grandma" stereotype.

There's a ton of BMWs too and most low level 3-series ARE female drivers. Top Gear even said the BMW was a "prick's car" and now that is shifting towards the Audi platform in their opinion, although I'm glad to see you're keeping the image up with the BMWs.

Get over yourself and go drum up kinship amongst your BMW brethren (if they will even acknowledge you). I could care less about your 'badge', and am not impressed by your car, nor your need to come and compare it to the cars this forum actually caters to. It tires me to see this silly thread amongst the useful posts in the 4th gen forum.

Recent 3 series (minus m3/335) = womens cars.

Same category as the jetta, eclipse, mk3 mr2, vw beetle etc, sebring....

Marketed towards and purchased mainly by women.

Its proveable fact, not just me saying it.

And I don't care who dan Neil is. It also really bothers me when people take one persons word about something. I call them followers. That one persons opinion means nothing if it doesn't match the opinion of the majority.

I am still calling it a purse.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

You're way too caught up in image. Just because it's a BMW doesn't mean it isn't a woman's car. The X3, X5, 3-series (besides M3 and 335), Z3/4 roadsters, and heck even the base 5-series are typically driven by the same women who require "brand name" handbags a la Fendi, Gucci, Coach, L.V. etc. etc. My ex had a 318i (garbage) purely because it was a BMW, and my current girl had a 540i and based that purchase on the brand as well - no other criteria or understanding of ownership costs.

I live in a town dominated by Subaru's. At the gym yesterday I came out to see an OBXT, a 2nd gen OB, late model Forester, and a OB SUS all in a row around mine after an hour and a half. Interestingly enough this is an area surrounded by active, athletic, outdoorsy people with ski resorts, freshwater lakes, rivers, etc. etc. in abundance. So actually most drivers have racks for their gear and aren't slowed by weather and conditions we get year round - quite opposite of your "grandma" stereotype.

There's a ton of BMWs too and most low level 3-series ARE female drivers. Top Gear even said the BMW was a "prick's car" and now that is shifting towards the Audi platform in their opinion, although I'm glad to see you're keeping the image up with the BMWs.

Get over yourself and go drum up kinship amongst your BMW brethren (if they will even acknowledge you). I could care less about your 'badge', and am not impressed by your car, nor your need to come and compare it to the cars this forum actually caters to. It tires me to see this silly thread amongst the useful posts in the 4th gen forum.

http://prosportpsychsym.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/winning-sheen.jpg

once you get a bmw, you don't care for the badge. You like the car. If anyone had ever owned one here, would agree. If you never owned one... not talking about driving one in a parking lot...

It's quite comical that you'd think you're the only person here who has owned 1 or more BMWs. I've had a number of them,and I can certainly afford to drive them now.

Some but not all were great cars to drive. They all were hard cars to live with because of the inordinate amount of time they spent in the shop.

Many of them came with a type of cache and image I don't like. Hence the Leggy.

The 328 comes with a free spare Y chromosome, in case you need it. I think you may already have one.

once you get a bmw, you don't care for the badge. You like the car. If anyone had ever owned one here, would agree. If you never owned one... not talking about driving one in a parking lot...

An automatic 328ix isn't anything to get excited about. It looks like the 16" wheels too, so you don't even get the good handling the cars are known for.

Archived