LegacyGT.com

picking up bmw 328xi w nav monday

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dream projects are all Chevy powered BMW's.

An E39 wagon with a Rao-style setup for my daily and an X5 with an E-Rod and an automatic trans for my wife.

I'd like to turbocharge an Elise for a toy, but a Chevy powered E30 would be less expensive to fix and much cheaper to replace in the event of an off.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

My dream projects are all Chevy powered BMW's.

An E39 wagon with a Rao-style setup for my daily and an X5 with an E-Rod and an automatic trans for my wife.

I'd like to turbocharge an Elise for a toy, but a Chevy powered E30 would be less expensive to fix and much cheaper to replace in the event of an off.

My dream vehicle would be a Civic M5

Recaro makes most of the OEM seats for BMW.

Then again, Recaro makes most OEM seats... period. Including Subaru seats.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Why would they make them cheaper? That's not the demand of their market. That's the demand of people who can't afford the full priced seats, and who wouldn't buy them if they WERE inexpensive. Make them cheap, and brand value drops. I doubt they'd do it.

They'd start a low-price subsidiary if they wanted to cater to those not willing to pay full price, but it would be clear what the value difference gets you.

Ok hold on. Maybe not sell them cheaper, but manufacture them cheaper and sell for the same price. Keep your profit margins up

and retain the same level of quality they're known for? much easier said than done.. I'm sure there could be some process improvements and potential cost cuts implemented, but you'd have to be carful the benefit outweighed the cost enough and you got a return on your investment fast enough that you're not otherwise compromised by the added expenses and put into a position where you're forced to take on more debt...

I'll be honest though, I'm not familiar with Recaro/JCI's financial position so it'd be hard for me to speak more specifically on the matter..

My wifes 2005 330 xi= always needing maintenance

My wifes 2007 530 xi= always needing maintenance.

We no longer have either. got rid of both at about 50k mile mark. Still have 06 spec b running strong with 153,000 miles.

I really wanted to like the BMWs, but the premium to drive just not worth the status to own one.

Archived