LegacyGT.com

picking up bmw 328xi w nav monday

Bimmers handle and brake better.

Only the M cars or those equipped with the sport package. And the vast majority of 3's and 5's I see are the 25/28 models with standard suspension packages. I've had the opportunity to drive them on several occasions when our BWM was in the shop. The base suspension with its 205/55/16 RFT are a f'ing joke.

I just fail to see what the hype is about with the new-age Bimmers besides the 335, and any of the M cars. Maybe I just haven't seen the light with high priced, high maintenance vehicles, but as they say-- ignorance is bliss. I love my Subie!

Yup. I'll gladly thrash on my father in laws M6 when he needs to trade cars for an afternoon though :)

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we are getting a little bit away from the matter. BMW's, when looking at the sportier models, are great cars. Expensive to buy, expensive to maintain, but they are great cars to drive.

It's the "baller on a budget" cars that I have a problem with. I see zero draw to owning one, when the smiles-per-gallon don't outweigh the inevitable high repair costs.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• 1 month later...
Hey op;

your piece of shit break yet?

I actually :lol:'d. Two thumbs up.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Nothing says quality quite like Bmw.

Doing this job reminded me of this thread. Thought id pop in.

Ill take some pictures of the oil leaks. Emphasis on the plural.

uploadfromtaptalk1330914827443.thumb.jpg.75e4b407734705b5533e56575a0fbc25.jpg

You people are just jealous. After 2 days driving the car, I forgot that I even had an LGT.

You should probably get that exhaust leak checked out.

You people are just jealous. After 2 days driving the car, I forgot that I even had an LGT.

Yet you still come back to legacygt.com...... your logic is bulletproof.

So, let's do a little psychoanalysis here. You originally stated that you had always wanted a BMW brand car. You went onto an owner's forum of the car you then drove, not the one you wanted, to make this statement and discuss buying your BMW. Clearly, you are very concerned about the image your car gives you, at least in your mind. You get a bad reaction to your post, you get defensive, and you ignore all the advice against your decision and decide its because the "haters" are "jealous" of your new purchase. You refuse to recognize the fact that not every car is right for every person. The BMW clearly is a better car for YOU, because of what is important to you in a car. Others find that other cars are right for them because they meet THEIR needs. What has happened here now is that you've become a troll on this forum. Enjoy your new purchase, let others enjoy their choices. I'd suggest its probably time you moved onto a new owner's forum for your choice.

This thread really should be closed or moved to a different sub-forum more appropriate to its content. It adds nothing to this section.

I agree that you probably are seeing some jealousy on here. It's pretty sad and kind of immature. Maybe I see things differently because I'm older, I've had my share of luxury cars, I'm not out to impress anyone and I'm smart enough to know that at my stage in life I don't have to spend more than the price of a Subaru to get a very good car. I also really don't care what anyone has. Most of my friends have far more wealth than I do and yet I don't begrudge them their toys.

As we rack up the miles on our two Subarus, I'm more impressed every day by the durability, comfort, decent handling and low maintenance costs. They really get the job done. But they are not BMWs and never will be. In fact, when I see Legacys creeping into the mid-$30K range, I get concerned that they'll start bumping up against a lot of competition among the near luxury brands.

You would probably be better off on a BMW site at this point. Sounds like your time is up around here. Enjoy the Bimmer.

Post some pictures.. Could have bought a nice G37 for that money which IS a better car. 3 series is usually what posers buy just for the badge so they can say they own a BMW and your initial post proves it.

Just because someone says your decision is stupid doesn't mean they are jealous or can't afford that car. Most people jumped on you for the way you came off praising the "Bummer" because it is a BMW.

Post some pictures of this bad boy. 335 coupe seems like a great car though.

Nice Car. My sister in law has one just like it.

One thing that surprised me is how much smaller than an LGT the 328 is.

I put her car in my garage and was amazed how little room it takes up compared to the LGT.

Jealousy shouldn't really apply. LGT's and 328's were in the same ballpark, pricewise. 328's were my shopping list, but I went with the LGT instead. It was a tough decision...sort of. That looks to be in great shape. Enjoy it !!

Nice Car. My sister in law has one just like it.

One thing that surprised me is how much smaller than an LGT the 328 is.

I put her car in my garage and was amazed how little room it takes up compared to the LGT.

Jealousy shouldn't really apply. LGT's and 328's were in the same ballpark, pricewise. 328's were my shopping list, but I went with the LGT instead. It was a tough decision...sort of. That looks to be in great shape. Enjoy it !!

3 series sedans are wider but in length they are shorter.

So I was considering a 2007 335xi sedan 6MT with just 34k on it when I bought my 2007 LGT LTD 5MT with a scant 4.5K on it. Same price range, mid $20k. I liked the bimmer. I was hesitant about the future reliablitlity and cost of ownership even though I can do most of my own work. And I'll be honest, I didn't want the stigma of being a douche in a bmw. Even if it was one of the few WORTH owning. Ultimately, what made my decision for me was the douchebag finance manager at the Audi/VW dealership selling the car. I am totally happy with my LGT purchase, I'm not jealous of the OP with his feminine, wannabe 328 and I'm especially glad to not be in the Prick Club with him.

So I was considering a 2007 335xi sedan 6MT with just 34k on it when I bought my 2007 LGT LTD 5MT with a scant 4.5K on it. Same price range, mid $20k. I liked the bimmer. I was hesitant about the future reliablitlity and cost of ownership even though I can do most of my own work. And I'll be honest, I didn't want the stigma of being a douche in a bmw. Even if it was one of the few WORTH owning. Ultimately, what made my decision for me was the douchebag finance manager at the Audi/VW dealership selling the car. I am totally happy with my LGT purchase, I'm not jealous of the OP with his feminine, wannabe 328 and I'm especially glad to not be in the Prick Club with him.

the 335 looks exactly the same as 328...

Archived