LegacyGT.com

BRZ video

DeathD

the car visually looks nice, but the performance seems to make my dick soft, from what I've been reading.

right because they must have drastically increased horsepower since then :rolleyes:

so now we're talking ford festiva level of performance?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQIPPSCE7Y_9eQabxN7MaloWcazV8EyS1RLTenFVmRdlHIDgLKMRfJf7iVwHQ

So all you care about is straight-line speed. You say the performance is bad based solely on it's 0-60 and 1/4 times.

Might I suggest a Mustang for your next car? Or any other car that's designed to go fast in straight lines?

This is what I'm talking about, BAC. Straight line speed is all the haters care about. It doesn't matter that every review has called it one of the most enjoyable and best handling cars in ages. But because someone can't hold the wheel straight and stomp on the throttle to beat a Camaro they say it's a poor performing car. By that reasoning, the E30 M3, a nigh universally-lauded driver's car, has poor performance. And I think we can both agree that's not true.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some dynos are mechanically linked, so the front rollers spin with the rears.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

This is what I'm talking about, BAC. Straight line speed is all the haters care about. It doesn't matter that every review has called it one of the most enjoyable and best handling cars in ages. But because someone can't hold the wheel straight and stomp on the throttle to beat a Camaro they say it's a poor performing car. By that reasoning, the E30 M3, a nigh universally-lauded driver's car, has poor performance. And I think we can both agree that's not true.

Or maybe straight line performance is the only area in which the BRZ is lacking?

It's not about hating. It's about wanting a well rounded car. In the spider-web chart of performance the BRZ falls short on the acceleration component.

I want a car that accelerates as impressively as it brakes and turns.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Or maybe straight line performance is the only area in which the BRZ is lacking?

It's not about hating. It's about wanting a well rounded car. In the spider-web chart of performance the BRZ falls short on the acceleration component.

I want a car that accelerates as impressively as it brakes and turns.

For the record, it's straight-line speed is on-par or better than an E30 M3, one of the most well-rounded performers ever.

As for hating, see below where some condemn the entire car for it's average straight-line numbers.

Straight-line speed is directly proportional to the amount of fun factor a car has. That's nice that it can handle in a turn, but what about when the turn exits into a straight? Fun = lost.

I'm sure all the people who drive Spec Miata, Spec E30, Improved Touring A-S, and other low-power racing series would disagree with you whole-heartedly.

For the record, it's straight-line speed is on-par or better than an E30 M3, one of the most well-rounded performers ever.

So in 26 years, the automotive world can't have been expected to advance at all? In 1986, every manufacturer saw the E30 M3 born and said "well, screw it, that's as good as we ever have to get". No.

Matching the performance of a 26 year old model is no longer impressive.

As for hating, see below where some condemn the entire car for it's average straight-line numbers.

And you grouped ME into that. That's not fair. I'm not at all hating on the car, merely pointing out that it is slow.

All BAC is saying is that the power is not on par with the handling and braking, and as such, he doesn't want the car. If you still want the car despite that fact, why do you care?

:iam:

Legacy's are heavy poorly balanced cars, they don't handle the best or even post "great 1/4 mile times", but for some reason almost everyone here agrees they are good all around cars...

The BRZ is about what 1/2 second slower 0-60 and on the 1/4 mile than the stock LGT was when it came out in 2005?

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

So in 26 years, the automotive world can't have been expected to advance at all? In 1986, every manufacturer saw the E30 M3 born and said "well, screw it, that's as good as we ever have to get". No.

Matching the performance of a 26 year old model is no longer impressive.

And the E30 M3 is no longer a benchmark? I would argue that it is.

And you grouped ME into that. That's not fair. I'm not at all hating on the car, merely pointing out that it is slow.

Since we've both admitted to agreeing to the other's argument, I believe there has been a breakdown in communication at some point.

I guess it would depend on what kind of traffic we are talking about here, also the biggest variable would be the driver in a situation like that. I've beaten some pretty damn fast cars in my wife's non si civic in traffic.

(NY Driver)

well, teh racecah will probably ran out of gas first, either that or rear ended somebody.. too much powah :eek:!! I'm talking about bumpah to bumpah (Boston driver)

btw, I saw a z06 today on my daily commute toward Boston... not sure what was he thinking

:lol:

ok guys, back on topic! How many of us want to get a BRZ, at this point?

No thanks. I'd rather have a fast car.

Archived