LegacyGT.com

BRZ video

DeathD

^In an EPA test-cycle - sure. But TWB said in the other thread that he's got a lead foot.

New Impreza gets part of the EPA numbers due to CVT logic keeping the revs in the most efficient range, doubt they'll put a CVT in a sport coupe that soon.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gas mileage is always ultimately up to the driver. If someone drives an N/A very hard to compensate for lack of power, they won't be doing much better MPG wise.

One could point to the M3 vs Prius Top Gear test. The M3 was barely trying, whereas the Prius was getting 9mpg trying to keep up with it.

I can see your point being critical in two cars of vastly different performance. So that on the street one car takes cumulative two minutes of WOT per day to be getting up to the speed limit+tolerance, while another one takes ten minutes of WOT/day to get to the same limits. I doubt 280HP turbo-BRZ will be that much quicker, mostly because it will take some extra weight to beef-up the components.

Way too much open road between my work and home :)

hahahaha

I'm actually fairly disappointed in the gas mileage that the current BRZ gets as a manual, but it's likely better than what I'm getting now.

heh, I remember wanting a Skye Redline soooo bad when they first came out

If this is true, I can foresee a lot of N|A BRZ's for sale on dealer's lot. From massive trade-ins:rolleyes:. This 1 of 2 thing the sales Rep. was talking about 3 month ago. He said, He couldn't keep a BRZ on the lot. I said, So this one is sold, ;) he said nope, just got it in:spin::spin::spin:. 3mos. later, went in for NYSI. Isn't that the same BRZ that I looked at 3mos. ago, Yap, all my WRX & STi customers told him that they heard that Subaru was releasing a force induction BRZ in 2014 & rumors of a convertible in the pipeline. He joke, that he can even give the N|A BRZ away now. I :lol::lol::lol: & offered a even up trade for my 07 roadster. He :rolleyes::lol: & said 1\2 price is stealing it, "giving it away" is breaking even. I :lol: and told him that you have my # if you changes your mind.

Hate to say we told them so, but we did.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Folks gotta chime in here, I was well aware that there "May" be a turbo BRZ down the line. I bought mine because of dependability and Mileage(plus it's cool too), I would have no issues getting in the BRZ and driving 1000 Miles, each way. And as much as I love my 2 Turbo LGTL's(ones a SW) I know I've put the best parts in them, but I would think long and hard before a long road trip. As far as gas mileage, My STG3 gets 24.8mpg highway @ 70ish, the BRZ gets 33 and is not broken in yet, city driving, LGTL 15, BRZ 27. AND the +++, I DON'T HAVE to work on it ALL the time.

R/Mac

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived