LegacyGT.com

BRZ video

DeathD

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to buy a BRZ, daily drive it, and enjoy the F*** out of it just to spite you. ;)

Ha! That would be funny.

I'll consider one if they make a faster version, and I genuinely will.

But were I in the market for a "sports car", I can't think of one that I'd rather have for that kind of money than an Elise.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Can we move past this, please?

Absolutely, but I'm not the one who keeps bringing it up. I'm just saying it's going to be slow, which apparently BRZ fans now agree with me about.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I see B4 has found his new LegGTLT. Thank you BAC! :lol:

Except I never trolled, just posted my opinion when asked, and a fact that BRZ future owners agreed with.

• 2 weeks later...

My local dealer had a brochure on the BRZ. I wasn't able to get a copy, but I did copy down the specs:

HP: 200 @ 7000 RPM

Torque: 151 @ 6400 RPM

Length: 166.7"

Width: 69.9"

Roof Height: 50.6"

Wheelbase: 101.2"

Tire Size: 215/45R17

Track (F/R): 59.8"/60.6"

Fuel Economy Est city/hwy: (22/30 mpg Manual) (25/34 mpg Auto)

Premium Standard Features

HIDs

Voice Activated GPS

Bluetooth phone and audio streaming

8 speaker audio with HD radio

USB port w/ ipod control

6MT

Torsen LSD

Limited adds:

Leather/Alcantara upholstery

Keyless access and push button start

Dual zone climate control

Heated seats and mirrors

Fog lights

Trunk spoiler

Optional on either model

6EAT w/ paddle shifters.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The fuel economy on the manual transmission is abysmal.

I received an email survey from SOA. Asking if I were to buy one right now, how would I order it.... in terms of trim level and accessories/ color/ trans etc.

Then I received an email yesterday stating that dealers are now able to take pre-orders for a very limited production. IMO, I don't see this as a long term production car. Maybe 2-3 years tops.

If you're among the diehard Subaru enthusiasts hungry to get their hands on the all-new 2013 Subaru BRZ, it's time to take action.

Subaru dealers are now taking orders for the intriguing Subaru BRZ. It's the first sports car to do it all with a classic longitudinal drivetrain powered by a SUBARU BOXER® engine up front.

Quantities are extremely limited and demand is high, so contact your local Subaru dealer for availability.

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

I received an email survey from SOA. Asking if I were to buy one right now, how would I order it.... in terms of trim level and accessories/ color/ trans etc.

Then I received an email yesterday stating that dealers are now able to take pre-orders for a very limited production. IMO, I don't see this as a long term production car. Maybe 2-3 years tops.

We'll see. Considering how off the trail this is for Subaru, it makes perfect sense that they wouldn't commit to large production numbers. I think they're feeling the market out. The car has the numbers to be a success like the Miata. Who knows?

I hope it's successful and doesn't lose its focus over time like the WRX did.

The fuel economy on the manual transmission is abysmal.

not really. It's probably geared for sport as opposed fuel economy. The lighter, less powerful Miata has worse fuel economy. I'm not doubting that real world driving on this car will return better than EPA numbers. The automatic is really good. It will sell well to someone looking for a sporty, fuel efficient, quick, good looking car.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are people buying these looking for fuel economy? Can't the transmission be fixed with a short throw shift kit?

Please link me to a short shifter that improves fuel economy.

Archived