LegacyGT.com

BRZ video

DeathD

I'd rather buy a used Elise for the same price as the BRZ.

Tried climbing into an Elise once. I banged my knee on the ROOF. BRZ please.

In the drift videos, you can see that they had to YANK the hand brake in order to get it to slide.

Invalid argument, sorry. E-brakes are used extensively in drifting and stage rally.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Invalid argument, sorry. E-brakes are used extensively in drifting and stage rally.

So the BRZ is now an auto-x master, a track machine, a drift car, AND a stage rally car?

Wow.

Watch the video. e-brakes are used in drifting, but not like they were used in that video.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I'd rather buy a used Elise for the same price as the BRZ.

Then you'll be waiting a few years. Going prices for '05 Elises (the first year the federalized them) are $35-40k, not sub-$25k.

You haven't driven it yet, and you are calling it a scalpel? Really? In the drift videos, you can see that they had to YANK the hand brake in order to get it to slide. Real scalpel-like quality.

Is a turbocharger a blunt instrument on the Veyron? 335i? Mini Cooper S? No.

No, I haven't driven, it, I'm basing that on what I've read from those who have and what I've seen in videos. As far as the drifting video goes, have you ever watched drifting before? Yanking the handbrake is one of a handful of standard drift-initiating moves in ANY car, regardless of its handling characteristics. Watch a D1GP or Formula Drift even and you'll see handbrakes being pulled all the time. Harris doesn't use the handbrake in the video I linked above, and the car drifts just fine. All he complains about is the mediocre sound (and a bit of brake fade, which he says he doesn't care about). The rest of the time he's giggling like a schoolgirl. This is a man who, for the last several months, has daily driven a GT3 RS 4.0, and who spends his time railing against car manufacturers who he thinks make boring cars, or more accurately cars that distance the driver from the experience of driving (which is to say almost all of them).

Is the Veyron, a two-ton car built with the sole purpose of going faster than anything else on the planet, a blunt instrument? Is that a real question? Apparently the M division didn't like the turbos on the 335i, since they used natural aspiration for the E90 M3, and they only reason they're switching to turbos in new M cars is so that they can comply with emission regs, not because they think it improves the cars.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

So the BRZ is now an auto-x master, a track machine, a drift car, AND a stage rally car?

Wow.

Watch the video. e-brakes are used in drifting, but not like they were used in that video.

Hmm, I don't remember claiming that at all. I only noted that the e-brake is used in performance driving.

As for the BRZ's forte', AutoX definitely. I think it could do VERY well in C Stock.

Track use? It'll be a lot of fun. On longer tracks, yes, more powerful cars will beat it. But there's a reason why there's a Spec Miata series and a Spec E30 series.

Drifting? Yes. That is what the FR-S was designed to do. From the start. Remember, it is supposed to be the successor to the AE86; a platform used extensively in amateur drifting.

Stage Rally? Uhh, no. Would be interesting though.

But if we're extrapolating arguments, looking at all the complaints about the BRZ (no AWD, no turbo, lack of power, etc.) then what Subaru should have designed is the Impreza STI. Problem is, Subaru already has an Impreza STI.

Is that a joke? I don't get it.

Vaughn Gitten Jr. has been drifting a Mustang for quite a while... Not exactly a stock V6, but the chassis is practically identical. Falken even has a Mustang drift car.

http://www.knfilters.com/images/press/gittin6.jpg

was this how the mustang got off from the dealer?

the BRZ/86, those drivers jumped right on it and did the drifting..

It's suppose to be a cheap, lightweight RWD coupe.

And that it will be. It'll also be slow. Sorry you guys are getting your panties all twisted over that fact.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

As for the BRZ's forte', AutoX definitely. I think it could do VERY well in C Stock.

Track use? It'll be a lot of fun.

I don't expect it to be a "good" autox car. It might be decent, who knows, but making it competitive will require sticky tires, shocks etc, basically screwing with engineered balance. It might be a fun autox car, depending on the track. I probably will take it to a few test-n-tune events, but not regular autocrosses.

My plan for it - fun, nimble, communicative DD with decent mpg, that I will be taking to the track few times a year on stock rubber and try to get it somewhat sideways in corners with most run-off areas.

and guess what it's still a ******* great car!

Well, it's SUPPOSED to be a great car. You haven't driven it yet.

But I'm sure it WILL be a great car. It'll just be slow.

Please stop trolling.

Can't handle someone who has a different opinion than you?

All I've said is that it'll be slow. It'll probably be a brilliant car in every other respect, but it will be slow.

Why are all of you guys getting so hurt over that?

That's interesting. I searched within 500 miles of myself and found none under $35k, many over 40. Not much in the way of interior accouterments, though...

I thought we were talking about scalpels, no?

I found 7 cars on Autotrader under $30k. Finding one under $25k isn't really that difficult. Finding one for under $20k is tricky, but they frequently pop up.

You haven't driven it yet, and you are calling it a scalpel? Really? In the drift videos, you can see that they had to YANK the hand brake in order to get it to slide. Real scalpel-like quality.

even drift competition spec'ed cars need the application of the e-brake when drifting.

don't use initial d as your only resource into the drifting culture. :lol:

Watch the video. It's little more than driving in a parking lot, doing e-brake slides. Not impressive.

All I've said is that it'll be slow. It'll probably be a brilliant car in every other respect, but it will be slow.

SOA Blog is back (right on schedule) to market the release of a new Subaru car. He'll defend every aspect of the car with super duper marketing lingo - just like he did with the 5th gen Legacy.

If you don't vote Trump, out, you're a bigot who hates america.

I don't expect it to be a "good" autox car. It might be decent, who knows, but making it competitive will require sticky tires, shocks etc, basically screwing with engineered balance. It might be a fun autox car, depending on the track. I probably will take it to a few test-n-tune events, but not regular autocrosses.

My plan for it - fun, nimble, communicative DD with decent mpg, that I will be taking to the track few times a year on stock rubber and try to get it somewhat sideways in corners with most run-off areas.

Stock class AutoX doesn't allow for upgraded shocks, etc. The only allowance is for DOT slicks which you'll find on all the competition. It has the numbers to be an excellent Stock-class competitor. We'll see how it does once it gets into the hands of some competitors.

I don't see a single BRZ-supporter saying it will be fast. "Fast" isn't the point of this car and all of the haters don't seem to get that.

I never said you fanboys were calling it "fast". I'm just saying it's going to be slow. Why is that so hard for you guys to accept?

Stock class AutoX doesn't allow for upgraded shocks, etc.

Of course it DOES allow for shocks. Not springs. To be nationally competitive it will have to be THE car to have in a class. And for that it will probably have to be mis-classed. If it is placed in a class that it fits somewhere 'in the middle', it will be okay regionally.

Archived