LegacyGT.com

BRZ video

DeathD

It'll also be funny to see all the "it's not slow!" and "handling >> power" fanboys tuck tail and line up for the turbo version. :lol:

I think you are missing the point of what a lot of people are arguing. We aren't saying WE DON'T WANT MORE POWER, we are saying we are OKAY with the power it has. There's a huge difference.

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didn't bother to put this into a translator (out the door for work), but is this for real?

http://car.cool3c.com/article/54053

Convertible?

Looks nice. Still too low on power. To match it's handling for a well rounded sport car for the money they want for it. IMO

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

I've read that the Scion will have softer springs and stiffer dampers vs the BRZ. I'm wondering if that could give the Scion a small edge in autox.

Otherwise, I like the bumper of the BRZ better than the Scion. I really want to compare this to the S2000, it's what I think about when I see it plus a stiffer body from the hardtop.

AWD...Turbo...Needed...

You do realize that the motor is behind the front wheels, and the transmission is behind that?

If they tried to engineer an all-wheel-drive version, it would ruin the dynamics of the car (not to mention the fact that it's physically impossible). The best sports cars in the world are rear-driven for some very good reasons: balance, efficiency, and dynamics. AWD is not and never has been a trump card or fix-all, and making a car AWD doesn't always make it better.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

to make it AWD and keep the engine/trans in the same position, they would need and external transfer case output with front drive shaft and external front diff case like what BMW uses for x-drive. it would make the car 300lbs heavier which would ruin it.

Rumor is that TRD will release a supercharger kit. And Subaru engineers hinted a little more power would be very usable.

But this car is fine the way it is for me. I've known great drivers who excel with a NA GC8. It's not a stoplight warrior, but thats boring IMHO. There is nothing like the thrill of feeling the car start to slip in a long high speed corner and bring it back at will. I'll always remember the first time I felt that on track, beats the smell of clutch any day.

Well I just spoke to a friend of mine who works at a subie dealership, and he has heard rumors of a twin turbo setup to minimize turbo lag and maximize responsiveness. I would guess that it won't have too much top end power, but it should be pretty damn smooth down low. I'm guessing 275-300 hp if they go in this direction, I guess we'll all see what happens

Well I just spoke to a friend of mine who works at a subie dealership, and he has heard rumors of a twin turbo setup to minimize turbo lag and maximize responsiveness. I would guess that it won't have too much top end power, but it should be pretty damn smooth down low. I'm guessing 275-300 hp if they go in this direction, I guess we'll all see what happens

No way that is happening given the price-point, just my opinion... we can all dream though.

No way that is happening given the price-point, just my opinion... we can all dream though.

I have to agree with this. From what I see the point of subaru making this car is to have a sporty, fun to drive 2-seater in the 25-30K price range. If they start making a BRZ with twin turbo 275-300 HP I see the following issues:

1. It sort of defeats the purpose of the car (focused on handling with enough power to get by)

2. A turbo BRZ would start to cannibalize sales from both the NA BRZ, the STI and possibly the WRX.

3. With stricter emissions regulations upcoming, the NA BRZ is a great solution that keeps the sporty aspect of the brand alive and still allows them to work towards stricter standards. A turbo version would bite them in the you know what when it came time to comply.

shoulda just made it fwd lol.....no way itll b twin turbo. logically makes zero sense as the previous two people have mentioned. The STi is the heart and soul of subaru's performance image. The only way that would change is if they dropped one of its lines and conformed the BRZ into that role. None the less its a great car but Subaru does not want to cannibalize itself. It has more to loose than gain with the popoularity of the AWD platforms.

I believe Toyota/TRD will take a bigger lead with aftermarket support since that is the pillar for their Scion brand. STi will make/show some concepts but I agree that they will find it hard to justify competing with their own WRX/STi.

A while ago, I saw a turbo kit for a corvette that mounted in the rear by the mufflers. The intercooler was piped back to the front. Could this be viable to keep weight balanced if you mount smaller intercoolers near the rear fenders and route air to it like a MR boxster?

Archived