LegacyGT.com

BRZ video

DeathD

I owned a 2000 Miata for a while. GR2's and stock springs sporting ~105whp. The car was fun. Lots of fun. Traffic light starts were good enough to not make you look like a underpowered chic car if you did your part. I really enjoyed driving the car, but cargo space and security are issues. Give me a boxer coupe with a better power to weight ratio, a little more room and I'll consider it seriously.

I had forgotten how much of a front heavy under-steering setup the legacy was until I spent some time with the miata. I sold the Miata in part because I think there is a good chance I'll end up with a BRZ. (also didn't need two cars at the moment and didn't think I'd need the miata much over the "winter". )

All I need now is a hill holder and a center passing light...

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course it DOES allow for shocks. Not springs. To be nationally competitive it will have to be THE car to have in a class. And for that it will probably have to be mis-classed. If it is placed in a class that it fits somewhere 'in the middle', it will be okay regionally.

Just re-read the rules and you're right. :confused: I compete in RallyX where stock is stock, I'm amazed multi-adjustable shocks are legal in Stock-class AutoX. Not to mention the GAPING hole for 3-way or more dampers. I was toying with the idea of going for points eventually in the BRZ, maybe not now.. I'll have to look at the mod list again.

I never said you fanboys were calling it "fast". I'm just saying it's going to be slow. Why is that so hard for you guys to accept?

We accept that it's "slow" compared to some other cars. No one's saying it will be fast. I don't see why you can't accept that we're ok with it not being the fastest on the block. Or that we weight handling response and overall *fun* above being fast. Millions of Miatas out there prove that fun doesn't always equal fast and fast doesn't always equal fun.

There IS a market for these cars. Apparently Toyota is seeing three TIMES the expected demand for the FR-S. There's worries about the factory the BRZ/FR-S is built in not being able to meet worldwide demand.

Just because a car doesn't meet your standard of "fast" doesn't mean the car's a worthless car. Believe it or not, people buy cars for reasons other than how much faster it is than the neighbor's car.

We accept that it's "slow" compared to some other cars. No one's saying it will be fast. I don't see why you can't accept that we're ok with it not being the fastest on the block. Or that we weight handling response and overall *fun* above being fast. Millions of Miatas out there prove that fun doesn't always equal fast and fast doesn't always equal fun.

There IS a market for these cars. Apparently Toyota is seeing three TIMES the expected demand for the FR-S. There's worries about the factory the BRZ/FR-S is built in not being able to meet worldwide demand.

Just because a car doesn't meet your standard of "fast" doesn't mean the car's a worthless car. Believe it or not, people buy cars for reasons other than how much faster it is than the neighbor's car.

I'm sorry, but where did I say that this car is a "worthless car"? Or where did I say that my standard of "fast" is to be faster than the neighbors? Heck, where did I even say that I don't "accept" your guys opinions?

Just because I think the car is slow, you guys label me as someone who doesn't care for handling or other aspects of performance?

All I've said, this whole time, is that it's a shame this car will be slow. And it will be. It'll handle great, I'm sure. It'll get great fuel economy, I'm sure. It'll be a fun car to drive, I'm sure. But it'll be slow. There is nothing wrong with that, just that I'm not interested in buying a car that doesn't check all the boxes on my "want" list. Why does that bother you so much?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

please stop trolling

How am I trolling? I'm expressing, and defending, my opinion.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Just re-read the rules and you're right. :confused: I compete in RallyX where stock is stock, I'm amazed multi-adjustable shocks are legal in Stock-class AutoX. Not to mention the GAPING hole for 3-way or more dampers. I was toying with the idea of going for points eventually in the BRZ, maybe not now.. I'll have to look at the mod list again.

Yeah, it's sad what 'showroom stock' class allows. With r-comps you'll probably want a fat front swaybar as well. Center of gravity might be low, but on r-comp tires w/o thick sway it will probably still get into crappy part of camber curve.

And there's a video floating somewhere with Toyota CEO doing some dirt-drifting in an 86, so rallyx on one of the flatter lots might still be doable.

P.S. it's sad to be adding otherwise seemingly reasonable member to ignore list, but trolling bug is pretty bad. Few have the will-power to stop once it bites them.

That's how you win at Nationals in stock...with $10k adjustable Ohlins :spin:

Old article for the prototype that they drove almost a year ago and those are estimates... no new info

Oh yea. That's when it was still rumored to have 210hp. The official number is actually 200hp. And that puts it right on par with the ~6.0s 0-60 and high 14 second 1/4 mile.

right because they must have drastically increased horsepower since then :rolleyes:

HP has dropped since those estimates were made.

I thought we were talking about scalpels, no?

We are, and an Elise is better than a BRZ/86 for that job. Much like the BRZ is better for that job than a Genesis, Mustang, Jeep, Camry V6, or any of the other "fast' cars you guys want to compare it to.

I found 7 cars on Autotrader under $30k. Finding one under $25k isn't really that difficult. Finding one for under $20k is tricky, but they frequently pop up.

I can't wait to see pics of your new Elise.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

C&D never knew the HP at that point... they were estimating that too based on their butt cheeks. Trolling attempts are going down in flames.

So if their estimate on power was a little high, don't you think it's possible that their estimate on 1/4 mile time and 0-60 were a little optimistic as well?

We are, and an Elise is better than a BRZ/86 for that job. Much like the BRZ is better for that job than a Genesis, Mustang, Jeep, Camry V6, or any of the other "fast' cars you guys want to compare it to.

I'm not comparing it to any of those cars (except in terms of straight line performance). I'm just wondering the appeal of the BRZ over a used Elise? If you are buying a scalpel, why not buy the sharpest?

For a pure Daily, I'd probably look at the Genesis over the BRZ.

I can't wait to see pics of your new Elise.

If I decide to get one some day, I'll be sure to post pics. Until I have my own, I have plenty of them to play with.

• Mega Users
Much like the BRZ is better for that job than a Genesis, Mustang, Jeep, Camry V6, or any of the other "fast' cars you guys want to compare it to.

That's where there's confusion. We are not comparing it to a fast car. It will be much better than any of those cars you listed even in it's N/A form. But if they make it with a di turbo boxer, it will be an awesome car as opposed to a fun car.

Archived