LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

Alright guys, I read the first 20 pages, and the last 10, what' the biggest wheel/tire combo that's been fit on RCE Blacks, without rolling fenders? Diameter/Width/Offset and tire width?

Thanks guys.

IIRC, Perscitus is running 18x8.5 +45 with 245/45/18s with no rubbing on RCE Blacks. Also I think he said that there is not much more room for anything with either a higher offset or wider tire while on those springs.

hmm so my setup is looking to be 18x8.75 +36 and 245/40/18. On willtheyfit.com it suggests that the wheel will poke 0.8mm more than your setup Joe and rides 4mm lower. For peace of mind, I'm thinking I should still get the fenders rolled Edited by Zee199969

I'm thinking the nt03s in an 18x9.5 with I think a 40 offset. I am going to go with 255/40 on them. How hard is the rear to roll?

You will probably need to cut the plastic fender lip coming from the bumper in the rear, or just let the tire rub against it to wear it down ;)

I'm thinking the nt03s in an 18x9.5 with I think a 40 offset. I am going to go with 255/40 on them. How hard is the rear to roll?

Rears dont get rolled. They get trimmed or trimmed and pulled. Fronts get rolled and or pulled.

Twonplaces I went to would only trim rears not roll.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

If anyone is interested in a 2015 WRX OEM 20mm rear sway bar, there is one FS in the 6th Gen Marketplace. It will fit our cars and comes with OEM bushings. Good price.

Enabler, PM sent to him.... Definitely a good way to getter a better feel for the car before throwing a 23mm bar on there.

Enabler, PM sent to him.... Definitely a good way to getter a better feel for the car before throwing a 23mm bar on there.

a 23mm bar would be Hefty. not TOO hefty if your were to beef up the FSB at the same time to keep it from oversteering everywhere. but if it were just that she may get a bit unruly.

a 23mm bar would be Hefty. not TOO hefty if your were to beef up the FSB at the same time to keep it from oversteering everywhere. but if it were just that she may get a bit unruly.

I was curious how that would work so thanks for clearing that up. I want to step up the car slowly so I can get better control as the HP and stability go up so that seals the deal.

^well then do shocks and not bars.

the whole "make my car overseer(or understeer less) with a big rear bar" is so misinformed. people have really drunk the koolaid on that one.

Edited by whitetiger

^well then do shocks and not bars.

the whole "make my car overseer(or understeer less) with a big rear bar" is so misinformed. people have really drunk the koolaid on that one.

I totally agree, the shocks are coming whenever GTEASER is free, the swaybar is just added stiffness unless you think, outside of shocks, I should go for something else first?

I totally agree, the shocks are coming whenever GTEASER is free, the swaybar is just added stiffness unless you think, outside of shocks, I should go for something else first?

I was supposed to get back to you, wasn't I? :redface:

I'm available to build you some front Koni's whenever you're ready.

yeah, springs. And if you are complaining about understeer, tires. Only after that should you look in to bars, and the front is what needs upgrading first.

Thanks, I'll take that route as for now Im just buying everything. And understeer was never my main concern, more just trying to achieve that "ride on rails" feel the right way.

I was supposed to get back to you, wasn't I? :redface:

I'm available to build you some front Koni's whenever you're ready.

Life always gets in the way. I believe I sent you my info so let me know if you dont have it. I just have a few questions about what parts you need for me to send you or if you'll just send me a bill :). Whenever you have time!

Life always gets in the way. I believe I sent you my info so let me know if you dont have it. I just have a few questions about what parts you need for me to send you or if you'll just send me a bill :). Whenever you have time!

I will respond to you today with the entire run down in a PM. ;)

Thanks, I'll take that route as for now Im just buying everything. And understeer was never my main concern, more just trying to achieve that "ride on rails" feel the right way.

well, tires is the #1 for this. what tires do you have/plan on running?

well, tires is the #1 for this. what tires do you have/plan on running?

Currently Im running the Continental ContiSportContacts on my stock rims. I've got a few months left on them and theyve done pretty well but I'm riding these out until the winter, throwing my winters on my stocks and looking for new tires for next summer, rims as well. I was looking at the Extremem Contact DW instead of the DWS because of treadlife since I like Continental for the price. Suggestions?