LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

holy shit thats low, hows driving over speed bumps and ramps? I want to go that low.. but the place i work at has a parking lot with retard ramps that have an sharp edge where the ramp meets the floor. Im already low, but any lower i think i'll get beached.

I'd say RCE Blacks/Bilsteins. Love mine.

How many miles do you have on yours? I'm about 300 miles in and I'm not a big fan of it unless I drive on roads in pristine conditions. Otherwise ugh .... My radar detector will not stay attached to the windshield lol! I cannot rest my head on the headrest unless I want to be a witness to a ping pong game and headrest wins all the time.

How many miles do you have on yours? I'm about 300 miles in and I'm not a big fan of it unless I drive on roads in pristine conditions. Otherwise ugh .... My radar detector will not stay attached to the windshield lol! I cannot rest my head on the headrest unless I want to be a witness to a ping pong game and headrest wins all the time.

I have over 3K miles on mine. They do get more compliant and softer however I travel mostly on highways so my experience may not be a good comparison. Yes, the suspension is stiffer going over rough roads (as with any car with a sport suspension). 300 miles is not enough to make a solid judgement. It takes at least 1K miles for the break-in period.

Maybe you should have stuck with the stock set up if it's too rough for you.

Take a look at the Bilstein review thread for more info.

Edited by faded-a-fool

holy shit thats low, hows driving over speed bumps and ramps? I want to go that low.. but the place i work at has a parking lot with retard ramps that have an sharp edge where the ramp meets the floor. Im already low, but any lower i think i'll get beached.

speed bumps are my arch-nemesis :spin:

I have over 3K miles on mine. They do get more compliant and softer however I travel mostly on highways so my experience may not be a good comparison. Yes, the suspension is stiffer going over rough roads (as with any car with a sport suspension). 300 miles is not enough to make a solid judgement. It takes at least 1K miles for the break-in period.

These my initial impressions. First 100 miles were brutal I had to move the headrest to a much higher position and radar detector had to be readjusted every 10 minutes because suctions cups would lose grip lol.

Now that I have had it for few weeks I'm slowly getting used to it.

Stock suspension sucked. I'm glad I made the change.

Every time I drove it on hwy and wind blew I thought the car will fly off the road .... It scared the crap out of me most of the time.

New suspension travels beautifully on smooth highways however these are hard to come by in Illinois. I mostly drive in the city and I'm used to these imperfections by now.

I should have gotten an STI ;) .Time for more go fast mods too bad selection is limited.

I'm giving up on the whiteline 24mm adjustable sway bar. No one had them in stock and the past month and a half I watched the ETA roll week after week.

Any good recommendations for something that will give me as good of a feel?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

Both. Work. Some say fine on ramps under compression, others hanging. I had trouble under compression.

If you have the whiteline 22mm RSB, you shall have to rotate the rear spring perch.

Thanks buddy! I don't know what "rotate the rear spring perch" means... so hopefully I don't have to do it! I have Whiteline 20mm adjustable (set on stiffest setting)... fingers crossed I'll be ok! If you don't hear from me in the next hour or two, send someone to Somerville with a jack to pull the car off me! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks buddy! I don't know what "rotate the rear spring perch" means... so hopefully I don't have to do it! I have Whiteline 20mm adjustable (set on stiffest setting)... fingers crossed I'll be ok! If you don't hear from me in the next hour or two, send someone to Somerville with a jack to pull the car off me! ;)

Did anybody ever pull the car off him?

Did anybody ever pull the car off him?

He's posted since then, so I'm guessing he made it out. Unless he's posting from under the car with his cell phone....:lol:

Yup, I survived... unfortunately the battle was won by rust/corrosion on the bolts, so the end links haven't been swapped yet... Hopefully get to it this weekend (with a breaker bar and some more PB blaster)!

I'm so glad I live in a fair weather state. I feel for you guys in the NE.

Rust and corrosion are almost non-existent here....except on really really old cars that have been sitting in a field of grass for years on rotted out tires.

Does SDCA = San Diego California? If so this has a lot to do with it. Im sure your roads are significantly better than they are in Chicago.

Does SDCA = San Diego California? If so this has a lot to do with it. Im sure your roads are significantly better than they are in Chicago.

Yup sunny San Diego. We really don't have bad roads compared to everyone else...especially where there is snowfall. Some rough patches but that's about it. I mostly drive on highways.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm planning to pick up a few suspension parts soon, any idea which vendor offers the best competitive pricing?

Whiteline Roll Center & Bump Steer Kit

Whiteline 20mm Adjustable RSB

Rallitek HD Front & Rear endlinks (Rallitek's website does not have 5th gen Legacy listed as compatible vehicles, but I know they work. If anyone can provide info, will be great!)

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Ok. So Ive heard different things... some say its better to go with a larger rear sway bar to compensate for the understeer and neutralize the car but others are going with a larger front because thats how it comes stock and of course there is more weight up there to be pushed. anyone have any recommendations? i was thinking of going with 22 whitelines on both front and rear and set the rear firm and front soft. but i have no idea.

thanks.