LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

I looked in to putting another brand of 08+ coilovers on my car a while back and the manufacturer said specifically that they were not compatible with the OEM tophats. Based on the pictures above, the BC's look as though the upper spring retainers are the same as the coilovers I was looking at and will not seat properly on the OEM tophat steering bearing.

I looked in to putting another brand of 08+ coilovers on my car a while back and the manufacturer said specifically that they were not compatible with the OEM tophats. Based on the pictures above, the BC's look as though the upper spring retainers are the same as the coilovers I was looking at and will not seat properly on the OEM tophat steering bearing.

do you know what 08+ coils by any chance?

if i do run into seating issues, there's always adding a fitting/adapter/washer. home depot/king bolt/harbor freight is your friend :redface:

I wanna say DRG, or something like that, they were used, and cheap, but I called the manufacturer to ask about the OEM tophats because they didn't have 5th gen strut tower mounts.

Seriously, skip the Home Depot jobbie and do it right. You don't want to f up your new car.

^ well we'll see how it goes this weekend. if everything mounts up fine then so be it. besides i'll be doing it with my friend who is an audi tech. so he'll give me the green light to go ahead. if not, then i'll have a shop fab up the studs on the BC coils like how EFI Logics did for subielover's 5th gen.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bc-br-series-coil-over-setup-123639.html

alright well, a friend of mine bought my 08+ wrx BC BR coilovers off of me (for his 13' impreza, which bolts right up FYI) so i won't find out for sure if the stock legacy top hats bolt right up... but looking at the top spring perches on the 08+ wrx BC BR coils, it looks as though the top hat SHOULD sit properly (the top perch is pretty flat). the BC BR strut shaft also looks similar in diameter to the stock strut shaft so there shouldn't be too much play with the steering bearing, and if there is could be remedied with a shim as noted here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/diy-replacing-megan-racing-camber-plates-stock-top-hats-163986.html

but anywho, i ordered another set of BC BR's for the legacy. 8k/8k springs with the shorter shock body aka 'extreme lows'. should arrive in a couple of weeks or so.

will post pics when done.

alright well, a friend of mine bought my 08+ wrx BC BR coilovers off of me (for his 13' impreza, which bolts right up FYI) so i won't find out for sure if the stock legacy top hats bolt right up... but looking at the top spring perches on the 08+ wrx BC BR coils, it looks as though the top hat SHOULD sit properly (the top perch is pretty flat). the BC BR strut shaft also looks similar in diameter to the stock strut shaft so there shouldn't be too much play with the steering bearing, and if there is could be remedied with a shim as noted here:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/diy-replacing-megan-racing-camber-plates-stock-top-hats-163986.html

but anywho, i ordered another set of BC BR's for the legacy. 8k/8k springs with the shorter shock body aka 'extreme lows'. should arrive in a couple of weeks or so.

will post pics when done.

sorry if this isn't a legacy but if anyone cares, proof that the 08+ WRX's bolt right up to 13' imprezas :)

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=39974232&postcount=2405

Is there a height difference in an 08+ wrx coilover vs stock 2010+ legacy suspension?

coilovers or the 08+ wrx stock suspension? bc coilovers are height adjustable

but as far as stock 08+ wrx suspension vs. stock 10+ legacy suspension goes, im pretty sure the dimensions are similar, almost near identical except for the top hats and possibly the spring rates/dampening

coilovers or the 08+ wrx stock suspension? bc coilovers are height adjustable

but as far as stock 08+ wrx suspension vs. stock 10+ legacy suspension goes, im pretty sure the dimensions are similar, almost near identical except for the top hats and possibly the spring rates/dampening

sorry, maybe i should have been clearer. I'm comparing the LENGTH of the 2 suspensions. BUT I have found my answer.

You can add Tein Street Basis Coilovers to the list. They utilize the stock top hats and are 6k/5k front/rear.

thanks L3go. the more you know :)

are you using the stock top hats? so tein street basics don't come with mounting/camber plates?

Im thinking of ordering the Eibach Prokit Plus for 08 WRX for my 2010 LGT. From what im reading it should all swap right over? Is there something I'm missing?

I would only do this if they didn't have an application for the 2010 LGT but they do so order those.

^^^I think he's talking about the Prokit Plus which comes with swaybars and springs. The front sway bar from the WRX will not work on our cars, so you might as well order LGT specific springs and get your sways from whiteline.

^^^I think he's talking about the Prokit Plus which comes with swaybars and springs. The front sway bar from the WRX will not work on our cars, so you might as well order LGT specific springs and get your sways from whiteline.

Read that on my phone didn't see the "plus" part. I would do exactly what you just described.

• 2 weeks later...
So i think ive digested from all this that the Bilsteins were made to work with the stock springs, but the RCE Blacks lower about 20mm and provide much better performance & ride. Could you use the Eibach springs with the Bilsteins? What would one expect if one did?