LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

I'm planning to pick up a few suspension parts soon, any idea which vendor offers the best competitive pricing? Whiteline Roll Center & Bump Steer Kit Whiteline 20mm Adjustable RSB Rallitek HD Front & Rear endlinks (Rallitek's website does not have 5th gen Legacy listed as compatible vehicles, but I know they work. If anyone can provide info, will be great!)

Ping my main man Rick of Underdog Motorsports. http://legacygt.com/forums/member.php?u=10142

He's a zen-level suspension guru and he's got awesome pricing on all these.

For the endlinks, I'd vote for the Whiteline adjustables:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KLC172

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KLC182

See what Rick tells you.

Ok. So Ive heard different things... some say its better to go with a larger rear sway bar to compensate for the understeer and neutralize the car but others are going with a larger front because thats how it comes stock and of course there is more weight up there to be pushed. anyone have any recommendations? i was thinking of going with 22 whitelines on both front and rear and set the rear firm and front soft. but i have no idea.

thanks.

For your 2012, I'd recommend: 2013+ stock FSB (26mm, nice and bulky for the heavy H6) and a Whiteline 22mm RSB (set to medium or highest setting).

Night and day difference from stock and these two complement each other nicely (even better than a 2010-2012 stock 23mm FSB + any beefier-than-stock 19+ mm RSB).

Stock Front: 23mm

Stock Rear: 16mm

2013+ Front: 26mm

Outback/'STI' Rear: 19mm

Edited by Perscitus

Ok. So Ive heard different things... some say its better to go with a larger rear sway bar to compensate for the understeer and neutralize the car but others are going with a larger front because thats how it comes stock and of course there is more weight up there to be pushed. anyone have any recommendations? i was thinking of going with 22 whitelines on both front and rear and set the rear firm and front soft. but i have no idea.

thanks.

Most people are adding a thicker rear sway bar to eliminate some of the understeer that comes standard on the car... It will also add some stability in the corners, and help the car track straighter (less susceptible to being blown around, or wandering on the road). I don't think anyone will run a thicker bar in the front without going thicker in the back as well! I am not certain, but I think the OEM front is 26mm? Or maybe 24mm? Someone will chime in with exact numbers, but I'm almost certain that 22mm is thinner than OEM.

I have OEM in the front, and 20mm adjustable (set to 21mm setting) in the rear... I would recommend going at least that thick in the rear... maybe even thicker, but that's up to you.

Ping my main man Rick of Underdog Motorsports. http://legacygt.com/forums/member.php?u=10142

He's a zen-level suspension guru and he's got awesome pricing on all these.

For the endlinks, I'd vote for the Whiteline adjustables:

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KLC172

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KLC182

See what Rick tells you.

For your 2012, I'd recommend: 2013+ stock FSB (26mm, nice and bulky for the heavy H6) and a Whiteline 22mm RSB (set to medium or highest setting).

Night and day difference from stock and these two complement each other nicely (even better than a 2010-2012 stock 23mm FSB + any beefier-than-stock 19+ mm RSB).

Stock Front: 23mm

Stock Rear: 16mm

2013+ Front: 26mm

Outback/'STI' Rear: 19mm

From what I've seen when I was putting in exhaust I believe these numbers are correct. with 23 front and 16 toothpick in the back. I Just found a guy with a stock 2013 rear sti bar with bushings almost new that I can get for $50. (either 19 or 20mm?) so I think I May pick that up and run that for a bit till I decide to switch front and rear out. to a 26mm front and 22(23)mm rear whiteline like you were saying. that sounds like the setup I want down the road a bit but we'll try this for now (for 50 bones can I go wrong?). im already sitting on hnr lowering springs and 245/40/18s so it should be nice I think.

Thanks for the suggestions! and ill see how this comes out. ill probably want even more though after I get a taste and will be changing it right after haha.

ps. would I need a realignment after just a rsb install?

From what I've seen when I was putting in exhaust I believe these numbers are correct. with 23 front and 16 toothpick in the back. I Just found a guy with a stock 2013 rear sti bar with bushings almost new that I can get for $50. (either 19 or 20mm?) so I think I May pick that up and run that for a bit till I decide to switch front and rear out. to a 26mm front and 22(23)mm rear whiteline like you were saying. that sounds like the setup I want down the road a bit but we'll try this for now (for 50 bones can I go wrong?). im already sitting on hnr lowering springs and 245/40/18s so it should be nice I think. Thanks for the suggestions! and ill see how this comes out. ill probably want even more though after I get a taste and will be changing it right after haha. ps. would I need a realignment after just a rsb install?
Don't jump on that 2013+ RSB just yet. I believe the stock RSB is still only 16mm on all engine/trims. You can either pickup the 19mm from someone selling theirs on the forum or one of our friendly vendors or the st...dealership.

Some vendors even have it listed for ease of ordering (search in the vendor area).

But yes, you're best bang for the buck is a thicker RSB from the get-go.

If you can, grab a 22mm adjustable Whiteline. Then once you have more funds, pickup the 26mm Subaru FSB. Its ideal for the H6.

Don't jump on that 2013+ RSB just yet. I believe the stock RSB is still only 16mm on all engine/trims. You can either pickup the 19mm from someone selling theirs on the forum or one of our friendly vendors or the st...dealership.

Some vendors even have it listed for ease of ordering (search in the vendor area).

He said the one he's found is the STi bar which is thicker, I don't see why he can't jump on it if that's what he's looking for...

Does that apply to all WL RSB?

Sent from my Xperia Z

No. It has more to do with the end links. With stock end links there is no need to rotate the perches. With Kartboys, yes, you will probably need to.

I have the WL 22mm with OEM end links and had it on with OEM shocks and now Koni's and there is plenty of room.

In that case sure he can. I Re-read and see that now.

As long as its 19mm instead of just a stock 2013+ RSB, which is still 16mm.

thanks guys. and the more i've been thinking about it the more i think i wanna just go with the whiteline right off the back cuz ill want the bigger one up front in the end anyways.

^^^ keep in mind that the 3.6R has a 45/55 power split F/R. GTEASER mentioned to me that the 2.5GT has a 50/50 F/R. And, I know that the 2.5i has a 50/50 split. Handling is a little different.

At least they come with bracing.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Huh, they made 2.5i 50/50 now?! Good to know!

Sent from my Xperia Z

My 2013 2.5i 6mt was 50/50 F/R.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

^^^ keep in mind that the 3.6R has a 45/55 power split F/R. GTEASER mentioned to me that the 2.5GT has a 50/50 F/R. And, I know that the 2.5i with 6MT (not CVT) has a 50/50 split. Handling is a little different.

At least they come with bracing.

ftfy!

^^^ I'm getting too old. I had to look that $hit up on urban dictionary