LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

Me too. We're shooting for a next-weekend install, will try to figure out how to reduce or remove the gap, if we can. If not, it can stick out into the trunk area like on yours Fredrick.

There is one thing I would have done differently. I actually cut the spare wheel cover at the location where it bends. I realized that if I had put that cover in its place before putting in the bar, it would have been better. I was frustrated by my hella install fail (was nearly removing the bumper) and the fact that the STB didnt sit flush and I didnt think it through.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

Would have been easier to remove the bumper instead of just the grille.

I'm not that talented, but thanks for the vote of confidence.

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

Okay...I see a possible barter situation here. :lol:

I can get it at Amazon for $170. You should be able to as well.

Okay...I see a possible barter situation here. :lol:

I can get it at Amazon for $170. You should be able to as well.

I tried and a month later still waiting. Cancelled the orders and called the vendors to ensure they had it in stock and then ordered. Still waiting for the tracking info...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is the 5th gen suspension forum but your alls thread seems the most up to date. Just purchased a 2006 spec B and although the owner assured me that all parts were OEM just discovered that the new struts put on 500 miles ago are sensatrac's and not the OEM bilstein's....thoughts on how much this matters or what I should do? New to the forum and appreciate any advice.

^^You would be better off posting this in the 4th Gen section of the forum to get better feedback from guys familiar with your car. We would help you here if we could.

From what little I know about shocks, the Sensatracs are not even remotely on the same level as the OEM Bils.

^^You would be better off posting this in the 4th Gen section of the forum to get better feedback from guys familiar with your car. We would help you here if we could.

From what little I know about shocks, the Sensatracs are not even remotely on the same level as the OEM Bils.

Konis FTW! ;)

Jordan of Gladman Performance Fabrication could!

He's even made FSBs with integrated master cylinder braces for S2000s.

Speaking of, he needs someone local or semil-local to WA to stop by so he can build a proper master cylinder brace for us.

3-4 hours of your time once there.

Any volunteers?

http://gladfab.myshopify.com/products/s2000-front-strut-tower-bar-with-integrate-heat-shield

http://gladfab.myshopify.com/products/s2000-brake-master-cylinder-cover-kit

Edited by Perscitus

Don't know any fabricators that can do that :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An amateur welder can make one. Almost 15 years ago I made one with steel plates and a chromoly bar. Welding was done in someones garage.

Speaking of, he needs someone local or semil-local to WA to stop by so he can build a proper master cylinder brace for us.

3-4 hours of your time once there.

Any volunteers?

http://gladfab.myshopify.com/products/s2000-front-strut-tower-bar-with-integrate-heat-shield

http://gladfab.myshopify.com/products/s2000-brake-master-cylinder-cover-kit

Like I said man...I am here in Portland Oregon, and I am willing to drive a little ways to help out our community!! Should I just shoot him an email and ask him about the brace??

Ahh, the S2000... a car with the strut towers 2ft away from the firewall, a car that actually could benefit from a strut tower bar :lol:

Doesn't really look like a master cylinder brace, just a cover on that S2000...

So apparently you all bought up the remainder gt spec parts for 5th gen Legacy's. Gotta wait forever now.

I emailed absolutely everyone. No one has the GTSPEC rear strut bar in stock. ETA from the factory is mid-March if they even do another production run.

^^^ you and your strut bar and me and my intake.

I emailed absolutely everyone. No one has the GTSPEC rear strut bar in stock. ETA from the factory is mid-March if they even do another production run.

Does the rear strut bar make much of a difference? I did a quick search and didn't see any posts about it, just the front.