LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

I rode around around in my lady friends 2011wrx with BCs last night and there's no way I could handle a ride that choppy day in and day out so I think those tanabes are getting higher and higher on my list. Prob drop a grand for a cluthc first though. Had an unexepcted 600$ expense put me back for this.

BC coilover with Swift spring upgrade went out on the car on Saturday. My car is not stock anymore :)

The front towers came reversed. Right and left labeled incorrectly. We had to switch the bottom bracket around. And the rear stock tower were a bitch to remove, we had to loosen the rear lateral arms in order to take out the towers. Took us 3.5 hrs for the install. Car has a mild drop now and handles much better than stock :wub:

Thanks to Drift Motion for helping me with the installs

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

When removing rear shocks on the 5th Gen, the easiest thing to do is remove all 3 bolts that go thru the LCA (RSB end link, shock mount and outer link). The shock will literally fall out. On reinstall run the end link and shock mount bolts back thru and use a jack to raise the LCA enough to get the outer link bolt back thru. It can be done very quickly if you just relegate yourself to removing those three bolts, and absolutely impossible if you try to remove only the lower shock mount.

Congrats on the BC's!!!

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Tein-GSS92-11SS2-Street-Basis-Coilovers

Hmm I bet no one is running these really...830$ is fair pricr, prob better than megans

The TEIN should definitely be much better in terms of quality than the Megans. The ride quality is not bad especially if installed them properly. The only problem with the TEIN (at least for my type flex) IMHO is the rear coils is a little short to get my desired height, especially if you have 19 inch - 245/40 wheel/tire combination. The damper bottom seat is too short in my opinion. I have to slightly increase my preload so I won't rubbed my tires. The increase in preload somewhat makes the ride a little too stiff for comfort. Those with 235/35/R19 or 245/35/R19 or 18 inch tires should be fine. The front has plenty of room for height adjustment.

That's one of the other reasons why I wanted to change my coils aside from the injury suffered of my rear coils while changing my rear LCA.

Still waiting for my new coils, it is still being held at customs. :mad: It's been more than a month have passed. I'm really tempted to get the OHLINS DFV coils now, especially after reading so many good reviews about their DFV technology and how comfy the ride quality on the street. The good news is it is also available here now. I might just get the Ohlins and sell my Bilstein coils later. :)

Edited by Gborja888

^a month in customs?! you wouldn't be sorry buying the ohlins, they're one of the best suspension companies on the planet.

Yup, already more than a month in customs. I have to hire an agency to handle this importation for me. China customs said, I don't have the rights to import suspension parts, hence have to use a company with importation rights to import car parts. The agency has been handling this since last week.

BC, thanks.

Actually even before reading your reply, I've already made up my mind and have decided to go ahead and ordered the Ohlins coils this morning, the shop said it will be here the earliest this weekend or early next week. I'm excited to see how the Ohlins fare with my old TEIN coils.

Just received a bad news this morning, the Ohlins supplier just called the shop and they said the only stock left on their warehouse was actually for 4th gen Legacy and not for 5th gen. They have to order another batch again and will probably take at least 3 weeks or longer. :( The shop is still trying to see if he could find from other sources. Worse come to worst, I will have to settle and be patient and wait for my Bilstein coils.

Re-posting this info from another thread on some recommended bushings. Most of the bushings are common with others Subaru platforms.These are Whiteline part numbers, but AVO and a few other companies make some of these items.

The KCA326 is NOT recommended unless you can get dedicated time at an alignment shop, with friends that can get pissed at you and forgive you over a few beers.

KCA313: Whiteline roll center correction kit for Subaru Legacy 2010+

KCA406: Whiteline front lower control arm rear bushing set (caster correction) for Subaru Legacy 2010+

W0506: Whiteline front lower control arm front bushing set for GR WRX, LGT, FXT

KDT905: Whiteline rear differential outrigger/front support bushing, press-in, for 2008-2010 WRX/STi

KDT927: Whiteline rear differential rear mount bushing insert kit for Subaru Legacy 1998+

KDT901: Whiteline positive shift kit for Subaru Impreza 2008+/Legacy 2004+

Group N 5-speed Trans Mount Impreza Rs WRX Forester

Edited by minuccims

Just got a news that my Bilstein coils will be release soon in 7 to 10 days from customs. Since the Ohlins is not available now, I have decided to just keep the Bilstein and will give it a try. Will just use the money that I've deposited in the shop to order BBK.

So now I'm searching into bags. Mainly for curiosity, but I'd assume then any 08+ wrx bags would work???

http://bagriders.com/modlab/products/08%252b-SUBARU-IMPREZA-%26-WRX-AIR-LIFT-FRONT-STRUTS.html

http://bagriders.com/modlab/products/08%252b-SUBARU-IMPREZA-%26-WRX-AIR-LIFT-REAR-STRUTS.html

Edited by s2baru

Here's my thought process....I can spent a grand on coilovers and call it day. Or go bit extra for say KW's and that 2ish. OR get added comfort and driveability for everyday usage for around 3. Only way this would happen is if I can get my motorcycle sold here shortly....would like this asap, and you can tell from my wheels choice I think I'm one of the few crazy enough to go for it :lol:.