LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

Not so much. A lot of my local subies guys griped when I got 19s and yet have a bunch of suspension parts underneath...o well. If bags do happen they'll have to fight back words again becuase they're all going crazy now over the forgestars

I don't know about you, i wouldn't dump 3k+ on something unless I know for sure they work...

I dumped 2k+ on a set of 08+ WRX coilovers before anyone else knew if they'd fit or not. They did. :rolleyes: Several other folks have installed various +08 WRX setups on their 5th gens and they fit. You'll have to use the stock strut top mounts, that's about it. If for some reason you absolutely had to have camber plates up front, a set of WRX ones could be made to fit pretty easily by drilling a hole or two.

Okay, I just actually looked at those bagriders links, didn't realize they already came with strut tops. The rears should bolt right up, the fronts would just need one of the studs moved, that's easy enough.

Shit, if I had the cash lying around I'd probably do it, lol

Okay, I just actually looked at those bagriders links, didn't realize they already came with strut tops. The rears should bolt right up, the fronts would just need one of the studs moved, that's easy enough.

Shit, if I had the cash lying around I'd probably do it, lol

You would actually airbag your ride? Thats unexpected, your car is one of the cars on here that seems to put an emphasis on function over form.

That's it, if I sell this house I'm doing it. :p

Bwaha

You should bag the car you were planning on bagging in the first place lol.

The Subaru is too much fun as is. There are still plenty of AutoX's going on around here.

There are still plenty of AutoX's going on around here.

Spoken by someone who wouldn't be caught dead at an Autox, lol. Buffalo has the only good site left. RIT is small and go kart tracks are only good for go karts and miatas. :rolleyes:

Spoken by someone who wouldn't be caught dead at an Autox, lol. Buffalo has the only good site left. RIT is small and go kart tracks are only good for go karts and miatas. :rolleyes:

Letchworth as well. I suppose nothing is going to compare to the SAD.

I've been saying someone should try these. Made in Japan, price point is good, lower spring rates, good reviews on Nasioc.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've been reading some good reviews of the Tanabe S-0C on the G35/G37 forums. They only offer them for 2011+ wrx fitment. Will these fit the same as 2008-2010 wrx coilovers on our cars?

Edited by feesh

I think somethink may be different with the 2011+. Something to do with the wide body fenders and spring perch location. My guess is that with coilovers, the location of the OEM spring perch really doesn't matter.

Well these were looking very promising but it looks like they are not rebuildable. Even if they were, I'd have to ship them back to Japan and wait 1-2 months. I drive 25-30k a year so I'd likely have to rebuild them after 2 years or so. Search continues. Maybe Konis are the best option.

ok to those who have retro-fitted 08+ WRX coilovers to fit on our 5th gen legacies, how did you manage to do the top hat swap?

i was going to install the coils today (BC Racing) and swap the stock top hats over but it looks like the ball joint on top of the coils might be an issue? is it a direct bolt-on swap of the stock top hat to the coilovers (assuming you unbolted the top piece along with the camber plates) or would you need an adapter/brassfitting?

please advise!

ok to those who have retro-fitted 08+ WRX coilovers to fit on our 5th gen legacies, how did you manage to do the top hat swap?

i was going to install the coils today (BC Racing) and swap the stock top hats over but it looks like the ball joint on top of the coils might be an issue? is it a direct bolt-on swap of the stock top hat to the coilovers (assuming you unbolted the top piece along with the camber plates) or would you need an adapter/brassfitting?

please advise!

Check out the photos in this thread http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/bc-br-series-coil-over-setup-123639.html

One or two of the studs in the tophat had to be relocated in order to use the camber plates that came with the BC coils.

As far as fitting the stock tophat onto BC coils, I don't know if it's a direct bolt on or not. I have no personal experience with BC so I can't say.

^ arite well i talked to BC and they're charging $245 for the top legacy camber plates/top mounts but they are still unsure if it'll fit with the 08 WRX BC racing camber plate mounts.

so **** it. going to attempt to swap over to the top stock hats this weekend. here's to hoping it'll work! props to grimmspeed for these pics/write up

http://www.grimmspeed.com/project_l/bc_coilovers_rear_camber_plate_wrenches.jpg

http://www.grimmspeed.com/project_l/bc_coilovers_rear_camber_plate_collar_off.jpg

my glimmer of hope that the stock top hat will fit:

http://www.grimmspeed.com/project_l/bc_coilovers_rear_camber_plate_noncamber_off.jpg