LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

What spring rates have a majority of everyone gone with. I'm thinking either 6k all around or 7k....

Gonna order the fortune500s here soon and want a smooth ride for interstate and in town, won't be outcrossing so I don't need anything stifd

So it's been almost 8 weeks since I placed an order for my BC Racing with Swift upgrade with Import Image Racing.

Seems like a lot of vendors have been having huge problems lately. IIR is known locally for having exemplary customer service and execution so I got a bunch of parts from them. I THINK I finally have all the parts I ordered 5 weeks ago. Maybe... 2/3 of the order was held up on an OEM gasket kit and ACL bearings, both items that are easily sourced locally. Frustrating as hell.

I'm having similar problems with everyone, except Bryan. Thanks Bryan! :cool:

What spring rates have a majority of everyone gone with. I'm thinking either 6k all around or 7k....

Gonna order the fortune500s here soon and want a smooth ride for interstate and in town, won't be outcrossing so I don't need anything stifd

I went with the stock spring rate that BC offers originally for our car for the Swift upgrade. I think it's 7F & 6R

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

More biased toward the front becuase of braking of course??? I rode in local memebrs 4thgem on 5k all around with Racecomp Engineering Tarmac1 coilovers (race version of KW V2) and didn't mind the ride and there's not a crazy weight difference in our cars so I figured 6 would be good

More biased toward the front becuase of braking of course???

Our cars have more weight up front, so stiffer springs up there to compensate.

EDIT: I know this isn't a pic of a 5th gen, but close enough to illustrate the point. The engine even hangs in front of the front axle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Rutch/CarPics/LegacyGT/1972-subaru-leone-the-first-subaru-vehicle-with-symmetrical-all-wheel-drive-technology_100381818_m.jpg

Edited by Rutchard

I went with the stock spring rate that BC offers originally for our car for the Swift upgrade. I think it's 7F & 6R

I went with 7/7 compensating for large ass! Bigger front sway to come though as under steer is a bit more dominant as it sits. 22mm Whiteline present for rear end.

Our cars have more weight up front, so stiffer springs up there to compensate.

EDIT: I know this isn't a pic of a 5th gen, but close enough to illustrate the point. The engine even hangs in front of the front axle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v307/Rutch/CarPics/LegacyGT/1972-subaru-leone-the-first-subaru-vehicle-with-symmetrical-all-wheel-drive-technology_100381818_m.jpg

Wow, that puts things into perspective. That's one sweet pictoral!

8k / 7k here.

There was a promo from Blitz here that gifted you one set of springs of your choice of rate...

Like yourself I opted / requested 8kg so that I can go 8 / 7 or stay 7 / 6...

We'll see next week when they finally go on...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Looking for opinions. I have a little too much bounce with my RCE's and stock struts (particularly in the rear) so I'm looking for a new damper setup. I understand that any 2008 wrx coilover will fit our cars, correct? If that's the case, if you were to choose between Koni Yellows with RCE or H&R springs or KW V1's, which would you choose? I don't necessarily need adjustability if the ride is good out of the box. This will be street use only. Are there other better options i should look at? My price point is 1k - 1.5k.

Looking for opinions. I have a little too much bounce with my RCE's and stock struts (particularly in the rear) so I'm looking for a new damper setup. I understand that any 2008 wrx coilover will fit our cars, correct? If that's the case, if you were to choose between Koni Yellows with RCE or H&R springs or KW V1's, which would you choose? I don't necessarily need adjustability if the ride is good out of the box. This will be street use only. Are there other better options i should look at? My price point is 1k - 1.5k.

I've been saying someone should try these. Made in Japan, price point is good, lower spring rates, good reviews on Nasioc.

http://autoplicity.com/products/3486867-tanabe_tsc162_sustec_coilovers_s_0c.aspx

I believe those are the ones you had pm'd me or we somewhat talkes about some time ago. For the price I may take the bait

*edit* are those the EXACT ones we'd or I would need to order. Says 11-12 wrx

Where can we find the blitz and bilstiens available for usdm fitment????

I've got my bilstein from auctions.yahoo.co.jp, I've availed of the forwarding service from japanparts.com. The bilstein might fit USDM since it uses the OEM top hat?? I saw some great deal blitz coilovers out there before starting price 90K JPY.

Anyone here got experience with Ohlins coilover in their Suby? I've heard the ride quality is great. I was asking because while waiting for my Bilstein coils to be release from customs, I saw someone selling a brand new Ohlins coilovers last weekend. I was thinking how it compare with the Bilstein.

Anyone here got experience with Ohlins coilover in their Suby? I've heard the ride quality is great. I was asking because while waiting for my Bilstein coils to be release from customs, I saw someone selling a brand new Ohlins coilovers last weekend. I was thinking how it compare with the Bilstein.

Some how I doubt you'll be able to find anyone around here with Ohlins. Probably a few people on Nasioc and IWSTI.

Why not wait for the RCE Bilstein Struts, that are hopefully soon to be released?