LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

A mod should merge the new developments from the latest H&R Spring thread into this as well.

08+ WRX suspension working (using Legacy top hats in the front)

08+ STi suspension in theory should work (using Legacy top hats in the front & modifying the front struts mounting location as seen done by the 09+ Fozzy owners)

Does anyone know if 5th gen top hats are the same size and bolt pattern as the 4th gen?

I came across a used set of megans for an '05 lgt for a super deal. Spring rates listed in Megans website for the rear are a little different and so are the overall length and stroke of the shocks, but only by 10mm. But other than that, valving and all the other dimensions and specs are the same. Just no info on top hats/camber plate interchangeability to help me verify direct bolt in.

UPDATE: Okay, called Megan. The upper camber plate (top hats, not the pillow ball) are different, but I can get the ones for the 5th Gens from Megan for $110 bucks for both. That would put me at $300, for used, but in very good condition Megans. What a deal!! May need to change the rear springs out, to get the correct rates, but that shouldn't be too expensive either.

Edited by GTEASER

• 2 weeks later...
blklgt05, can you elaborate on "fall apart"?

All 4 corners started making noises, one of the 4 was especially loud and clunks, 2 units started to leak...etc. Just research 4gen for these common issues on the MRs, there's a ton of threads about it and complaints resulting in the member that was selling it to leave the LGT.com forum completely. Personally I wouldn't spend a dime on something that's just gonna cause headache later, I rather save up and get something that will last.

• 2 weeks later...

I know all about the 4th gen Megans.. but after rolling the 5th gen variation for about 15-20000kms (got the set for 250$)... I can't complain... I had them on my 2.5i for about 20k kms and not a single problem on mine...

well one but minor... The top plate where you would adjust camber everytime my alignment guy tried to set it, the screw would slide, stripping the top and not staying where it should stay... fixed it with a locking washer..