LegacyGT.com

Official 5th Generation Suspension Thread

Update for the Swift springs I have installed:

Car is feels more planted with greatly reduced body roll when cornering. Side note: braking seems more responsive too (slightly) which I believe is due to less body rake (is that what it's called?) when reducing speed. Meaning, when you put the brakes on the ass doesn't come up as much and the front doesn't drop as much so it feels as though the brakes bite a little better. Could be just a sensation after springs but it was noticeable as soon as I got in the car the first time after the install.

Also, I think I might try a tire with a little more sidewall next go round. the drop has settled in now and when going through a car wash near me, it has a little down slope to get into and the bottom of the car's frame near the left front tire rubs against the guide rail in the car wash entry. If it was on level ground there would be no issue, after I get flattened out everything is fine. Kind of irritating since I have a club membership for $20/month unlimited car washes...

I love the lower aggressive stance and there is really no other drawbacks that I have found from driving on these springs for a while now. Hitting potholes are just as devastating with these springs as with the stock springs (I need the Bilstiens to make this up I think :) ).

These springs are about the stance and the feeling/response when cornering.

I'm just here for the mods.

• 1 month later...

Just to make sure I'm looking at the right Kartboy rear endlinks, is it the KB-017-08 REAR endlinks that are compatible with a 5th Gen Legacy?

On Kartboy's website, under the Legacy section they show that the KB-017-2008 FRONT are Leggie compatible, but they don't list any rear endlinks. If I'm wrong about the SKU number, please let me know which rear endlinks are the right ones for my 2011 Legacy.

Much thanks!

If it does not list the 2010+ LGT, I have the 08+WRX installed. Remember, the rear spring perch must be rotated. Definitely rotated for a 3-position Whiteline RSB. Can't recall if those with the 19mm and Kratboys needs to rotate the perch.

If it does not list the 2010+ LGT, I have the 08+WRX installed. Remember, the rear spring perch must be rotated. Definitely rotated for a 3-position Whiteline RSB. Can't recall if those with the 19mm and Kratboys needs to rotate the perch.

Thanks! I'll be using it with an RCE hollow 25.5mm adjustable rear swaybar. Do you happen to know whether or not to rotate the rear spring perch for that bar?

Here is the stock pic of the RSB for reference

rearGRSway1.jpg.f014c6b2d9086266329e84bc4f18bb3e.jpg

With the 19mm rear sway and Kartboy's the struts do need to be rotated. There is the tiniest bit of the top endlink bolt that does touch the strut when at compression. Barely noticeable if you raise and lower the car but it's easy to get that to happen while cornering. If you tighten it a bit further than recommended spec it will quite down but not recommended. That RCE bar will need the struts rotated for sure.

Edited by nadracer

• 2 weeks later...
So are there any springs which have a higher spring rate than OEM, but don't lower the vehicle? I'd love to have stiffer springs, but don't want to compromise ground clearance... most of the offerings I have seen drop the car somewhere in the neighborhood of an inch front and rear...

So are there any springs which have a higher spring rate than OEM, but don't lower the vehicle? I'd love to have stiffer springs, but don't want to compromise ground clearance... most of the offerings I have seen drop the car somewhere in the neighborhood of an inch front and rear...

Do you rally the car or what is the concern with the ground clearance? I'm dropped 1.5" and have considered going lower. With the side skirts the Legacy has the body underneath doesn't seem as low as it really looks.

Well, there are a number of places I drive where the entrance to the parking area is very steep - I've already scraped the bottom of the bumper once, and would care not to do it again - taking an inch away from my road clearance would be bad news... (also don't want to have to take extraordinary measures to prevent scraping on things)

Well, there are a number of places I drive where the entrance to the parking area is very steep - I've already scraped the bottom of the bumper once, and would care not to do it again - taking an inch away from my road clearance would be bad news... (also don't want to have to take extraordinary measures to prevent scraping on things)

This again...... :rolleyes:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-5th-generation-suspension-thread-163275.html?p=3428184

Here, read page 4 of this thread regarding actual ground clearance vs oem.

If you're already having issues scraping with the stock suspension you may want to slow down.

If you're already having issues scraping with the stock suspension you may want to slow down.

Then again, what? Try not to be a pinhead - I'm not bottoming out the suspension on a bump - How does speed have anything at all to do with a slope which scrapes the bottom of the bumper before the front wheels are even there? Once the wheels meet the slope, the front comes up and it's clear. Dropping the front another inch would be bad.