LegacyGT.com

Trunk Debadging

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to be honest, I think the car looks naked without any badges. I removed the badge with my dealers name on it but other than that I think I will keep mine stock until I see some good combos. I feel like when I see a BMW without badges, it looks like the owner is trying to hide something. A 525i looks almost just like a 540 if you debadge that. I think Subaru put too much lettering on the back of the LGT but removing all of it? :confused:

[quote name='mrjoshuanyc']I have to be honest, I think the car looks naked without any badges. I removed the badge with my dealers name on it but other than that I think I will keep mine stock until I see some good combos. I feel like when I see a BMW without badges, it looks like the owner is trying to hide something. A 525i looks almost just like a 540 if you debadge that. I think Subaru put too much lettering on the back of the LGT but removing all of it? :confused:[/quote] Well mrjosh, Like I said at the beginnning of this thread. The cars badging never did anything for me in the beginnning. The WRX STI gets an STI badge which makes sense but the SPEC B. gets nothing. You have to know the color scheme and the wheel package and the leather and navigation option to know whether or not it is a Spec B. If all that fails and you're still not sure you have to climb in and look in front of the shifter and see if it has the plaque. It would have been easier if subaru just put SPEC B on the back. Oh well... since that wasn't there I figured nothign should be.... ALL GONE!!!!!

[quote name='2006Specb122']Got my first major compliment from a stranger today. Old guy in a new lexus SUV. He pulled down his window and said. "Is that a Subaru? Wow they are making good looking cars these days." Now wasn't that sweet?[/quote] i still have my badges on and got pretty much the exact same comment from a guy working at the gas station by my house

• 1 month later...
noobie here so forgive me if resurrecting old threads is bad form. :P Anyway, I'm kind of torn on this one. I've been drooling over the Legacy GT for so long and now that I finally own one, I'm sure at least a few of you can understand, I don't much mind people knowing what it is. :) But I do have to admit that there just isn't a lot of room back there for so many badges. I also have an orange and black on chrome Oregon State Beavers license plate border which doesn't really help with the clutter and would stand out much better without all the other stuff. (no, the border won't go... it's a large part of why I chose black in the first place ;) ) Maybe the decision will be easier once I've owned the car for a while, have had to work around those tags for a few polish/wax jobs and the "newness" wears off a bit.

[quote name='mrjoshuanyc']I have to be honest, I think the car looks naked without any badges. I removed the badge with my dealers name on it but other than that I think I will keep mine stock until I see some good combos. I feel like when I see a BMW without badges, it looks like the owner is trying to hide something. A 525i looks almost just like a 540 if you debadge that. I think Subaru put too much lettering on the back of the LGT but removing all of it? :confused:[/QUOTE] I agree. And I think that having a completely debadged trunk actually draws more attention. I saw a number of completely debadged Legacies at a meet in Denver last November. I decided to debadge after that because it looked good. Well, I got "Subaru" off as well as "2.5 GT" before forming a blister from rubbing :lol: So I've had just "LEGACY" on my trunk since November/December. Then one morning I was driving into work and saw an A4 completely debadged and it just stood out like a sore thumb. I thought the driver was obviously an enthusiast of some kind and likely modified. I like just a little bit of blending in, so I'll keep that badge on to maintain a little bit of the "Stock" look and not draw attention. :)

• 2 weeks later...
great guide, but i found it easy to twist them off once they were good and hot, it seemed to take more of the glue with it. of course this only worked with the "legacy" side since the subaru badge is one peace

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

i am also on fence off if i should debadge or not. I have a silver and i can't decide if it looks nice or not without the badges. On the black it looks slick but i think with the silver since the littering is silver it works our pretty well and does look naked without them. I DO KNOW THAT UGLY DEALER THING is coming off ASAP!

[quote name='VTGT']i am also on fence off if i should debadge or not. I have a silver and i can't decide if it looks nice or not without the badges. On the black it looks slick but i think with the silver since the littering is silver it works our pretty well and does look naked without them. I DO KNOW THAT UGLY DEALER THING is coming off ASAP![/quote]They can always be put back if you hate it.

Denial is your best friend

I've gone through a few badged and debadged looks... 2.5 GT only [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jngrbrdman/Legacy/badges/Just-GT.jpg[/IMG] GT and BOXER [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jngrbrdman/Legacy/badges/Boxer-and-GT.jpg[/IMG] Badgeless [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jngrbrdman/Legacy/badges/no-badges.jpg[/IMG] Liberty only [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jngrbrdman/Legacy/badges/Liberty.jpg[/IMG] and the latest... [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/Jngrbrdman/Legacy/badges/Liberty-and-Turbo.jpg[/IMG] Out of all of them I think I like it best with just the Liberty on it.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

[quote name='psucaptainkickass']Take that Turbo off, that is so rice. It might pass if it was right under Liberty, might. IMHO, only have LEGACY/LIBERTY! Straight JDM style.[/quote] I was thinking that a little Hello Kitty sticker would have topped it off just right.
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

[quote name='psucaptainkickass']Take that Turbo off, that is so rice. It might pass if it was right under Liberty, might. IMHO, only have LEGACY/LIBERTY! Straight JDM style.[/QUOTE] You're right. LIBERTY is soooooooo JDM. :rolleyes: I've got a clean piece of my ass you can kiss whenever you get around to it. :lol: I actually tried putting it under the LIBERTY first, but it didn't look right. So on the left side it goes. I had to see it on there to know if I liked it or not. I'm thinking it will probably come off sometime in the future. For now it is on there. Call it rice if you want, but you don't have to drive my car so thanks for your opinion. I'll just file that feedback somewhere I can refer to it later.

OCDETAILS BLOG

[quote name='OCDetails']You're right. LIBERTY is soooooooo JDM. :rolleyes: I've got a clean piece of my ass you can kiss whenever you get around to it. :lol: I actually tried putting it under the LIBERTY first, but it didn't look right. So on the left side it goes. I had to see it on there to know if I liked it or not. I'm thinking it will probably come off sometime in the future. For now it is on there. Call it rice if you want, but you don't have to drive my car so thanks for your opinion. I'll just file that feedback somewhere I can refer to it later.[/quote] FOOL! I was talking about the lack of a Subaru or 2.5 GT logo. THAT is straight JDM style right there. I think Legacy/Liberty or whatever the fcuk you want to call your car is awesome as long as its one word and on the right of your ass end. I've just seen too many Porsche Turbos on the back of SRT4 the FASSTTEERUuurrrsss to ever want to see it on one of our cars. But hey, if you can't take criticism...GTFO my Internetz :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who said that badge came off a Porsche? Give me a little more credit than that. I searched long and hard for something unique back there. Do you think I would put something on my car that just any old schmoe could get their hands on? And I pay my rent on your internet every month. Is this how you treat your faithful customers?

OCDETAILS BLOG

You guys are clever. ;) You tell me. [IMG]http://i2.tinypic.com/smgkms.jpg[/IMG] Here it was under the Liberty. It just didn't look balanced at all. [IMG]http://i2.tinypic.com/smgk7q.jpg[/IMG]

OCDETAILS BLOG

[quote name='OCDetails']You guys are clever. ;) You tell me. Here it was under the Liberty. It just didn't look balanced at all. [IMG]http://i2.tinypic.com/smgk7q.jpg[/IMG][/quote] See I REALLY dig that look...but to each his own :) Oh and pardon my comments last night...I read them this morning (little inebriated last night:icon_bigg ), kinda came off as stand offish.

Archived