LegacyGT.com

Trunk Debadging

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
Only took 20 mins. My Acura was well over an hour as the glue they used did not want to come off..this was way easier, no googone requires, just some Mothers P1. [IMG]http://members.shaw.ca/graemed/Pics/Legacy/debadged.jpg[/IMG]

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name='TeamDestruction']I debadged my trunk yesterday and after washing and waxing it I can still make out the Subaru on the left but all the other lettering is not noticable. Has anyone else had this happen to them. Also, what would be a good way of getting rid the outline?[/quote] I had this problemtoo, anything I did I could still see the outline of everything, I ended up just getting that panel re-sprayed when I got my front bumper painted

I did this on my car a few weeks ago... Used dental floss to get the badges off. Rubbed the tape stuff off with my finger. Claybar'd the entire back section of the trunk lid. Polished with Meguiar's step 2 polish. Waxed with NXT past wax. I see no outline of any badge. FWIW, this was on a silver car.

[quote name='TrueWhiteBoy']Am I a bad person for thinking about only taking off the 2.5 GT?[/quote] I don't think so. I think that removing the "2.5 GT" helps make your car a real sleeper! When another driver comes up on your vehicle from the rear, they can't tell that you've got a turbocharged vehicle. They can't see the hoodscoop, so they have no idea that you can give them a run for their money... (not that I'm advocating street racing, speeding, or any similar behavior) :cool:

• 3 months later...
Finally de-badged my wagon...by hand in the warm sun. I just was very careful to remove each letter and most of goo while removing each piece. After washing the car the goo is gone. Just the faint outline remains. I don't think goo-gone will do much for outlines. Going to go buy some rubbing compound and see how it turns out.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='06gtleg']im thinking of painting my GT on my trunk black to match the rest of the car. what do you guys think?[/quote] Sound like it could turn out well, as long as you paint the other badging as well.
When Chuck Norris was born, the only person who cried was the doctor. Never slap Chuck Norris. - E.J.S.

Yeah I still have a faint outline. I plan on doing another round of goo-gone. Then wax again. It's only noticeable at certain angles if you look closely. I think the best thing to do is buy a polisher or pay a detailer to buff it out. Pro's probably won't charge that much just to buff-out the rear hatch area.

Archived