LegacyGT.com

Trunk Debadging

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
debadged it last weekend. was around mid/low 40°s out. i used sewing thread, didnt have to heat them up at all rubbed some goo-gone on it and got 99% of the gunk off, there's still a faint outline of the badges, but nothing a good clay-baring this coming weekend wont remove.

i debadged my car about a month ago. Let it sit out until around 3 then let some goo-gone run behind the letters. Then fit dental floss behind it and just gently pulled and cut through the "goo". once the letters were off more goo gone and scrubbing and finally it was all gone. My friends tried to guess where the badges used to be but they were totally wrong haha

• 2 months later...
it looks like this question has been asked a few times already but i havent seen a definitive answer yet. after de-badging the car i have a nice ugly outline of something of where the badges used to be. it looks like residual glue but its very hard. i tried the goo gone on it and i cant seem to get it off. i havent had this problem before on previous cars ive de-badged. anyone have any suggestions? thanks!:confused:

2012 Xterra Pro-4X

2003 Outback Sedan Limited

D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

"Dedicated Unhesitating Service To Our Fighting Forces"

[quote name='COmtnBiker']it looks like this question has been asked a few times already but i havent seen a definitive answer yet. after de-badging the car i have a nice ugly outline of something of where the badges used to be. it looks like residual glue but its very hard. i tried the goo gone on it and i cant seem to get it off. i havent had this problem before on previous cars ive de-badged. anyone have any suggestions? thanks!:confused:[/quote] Although it's not cheap, I highly recommend trying this product: [URL]http://www.pinnaclewax.com/paincleanlot.html[/URL] If that doesn't clear the spot up I don't think anything will. Look at the bright side, even if it doesn't work, you'll have the best cleansing lotion on the market to use before you wax next time. ;)

[quote name='COmtnBiker']it looks like this question has been asked a few times already but i havent seen a definitive answer yet. after de-badging the car i have a nice ugly outline of something of where the badges used to be. it looks like residual glue but its very hard. i tried the goo gone on it and i cant seem to get it off. i havent had this problem before on previous cars ive de-badged. anyone have any suggestions? thanks!:confused:[/quote] I had this issue too....ended up getting the lower trunk panel painted because everything I tried didn't work lol

[quote name='COmtnBiker']it looks like this question has been asked a few times already but i havent seen a definitive answer yet. after de-badging the car i have a nice ugly outline of something of where the badges used to be. it looks like residual glue but its very hard. i tried the goo gone on it and i cant seem to get it off. i havent had this problem before on previous cars ive de-badged. anyone have any suggestions? thanks!:confused:[/quote] I used simple green, goo gone and some window cleaner and it took it all off. Simple green worked well and then i used the goo gone and window cleaner for the tougher spots.

[quote name='firepyro515']I used simple green, goo gone and some window cleaner and it took it all off. Simple green worked well and then i used the goo gone and window cleaner for the tougher spots.[/quote] did you have to do a lot of scrubbing or did it come off with little effort? the goo gone got all but the outline off and the simple green seemed to help a little but i didnt scrub too hard for fear of scratching the hell out of the black paint even with a clean microfiber cloth. i wonder if a clay bar would be effective?

2012 Xterra Pro-4X

D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

[quote name='firepyro515']i just used a papertowl and wiped, not too hard, but enough to get off the outlines[/quote] Omg, reading that alone makes me cringe. Do not use papertowels, they will scratch the paint regardless of how hard you wipe. I've gotten the best results using a 100% cotton cloth or old school 100% cotton diapers, they're the best. ;)

[quote name='captainhook']Omg, reading that alone makes me cringe. Do not use papertowels, they will scratch the paint regardless of how hard you wipe. I've gotten the best results using a 100% cotton cloth or old school 100% cotton diapers, they're the best. ;)[/quote] I REALLY hope that the "old school" diaper is not a used one but a clean one.... I took most of the lettering off my spec-B with a credit card and it was a cold day out. No scratches and no residual lettering outline left over, could be b/c my car is still fairly new and the paint hasn't been seasoned yet.

[quote name='robertsm99']I REALLY hope that the "old school" diaper is not a used one but a clean one.... I took most of the lettering off my spec-B with a credit card and it was a cold day out. No scratches and no residual lettering outline left over, could be b/c my car is still fairly new and the paint hasn't been seasoned yet.[/quote] Lol, no. Amazingly you can still buy the old school diapers new from a few places . . . not sure why anyone would use them on a kid though. :p Much better choices out there in the diaper dept.

yeah i know its off topic but there are still services out there that pick up your dirty diapers wash them and then bring them back right to your door step. doing that is much greener than using disposable diapers. so they say.

2012 Xterra Pro-4X

D.U.S.T.O.F.F.

[quote name='COmtnBiker']yeah i know its off topic but there are still services out there that pick up your dirty diapers wash them and then bring them back right to your door step. doing that is much greener than using disposable diapers. so they say.[/quote] Yeah, that would be "greener" I suppose. I'm just amazed that a place could stay in business still doing that in this place and time though.

Archived