LegacyGT.com

Trunk Debadging

I debaged the wagon a few days ago, but now there are some nasty outlines left behind. The most prominent coming from the dealer badge that I specifically asked the Dealership to remove, but they didn't. Anyway, I might try to get some pictures of it to see what you all think, but I tried using Goo-gone, waxing and buffing the hell out of it and neither of those worked. When I run my hand over it, it feels like its a built up water stain with dirt mixed in or something. Any more tips? Luckily its Brilliant Silver so it just sort of looks like a little dirt spot, but it still bugs the hell out of me. Thank in advance!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice thread, should be a sticky I am going to de-badge this weekend. I am taking everything off except the symbol. The only reason it is not coming off is because of the alignment pins in the rear deck. What do you think it would cost to fill the holes and touch up the paint? Any advice? I am seriously thinking about it.

It would have to be professionally done if you want it to look right. I talked to a local pro about it and was told that it would also involve repainting the entire trunk lid. I have the SWP which is a 3 "layer" paint and it would have been too expensive to be worth it. Were talking several hundred dollars here. I think it would all boil down to what color your car is. Mebbe the colors that dont have flake in it would be cheaper and not such a pain in the arse to match. Only way to reallt find out is to find a good shop and ask them for a quote.

[size=3][font=Times New Roman]I de-badged yesterday and I am very happy with it. I like the clean sleeper look. it gives the car a more custom appearance. I did not have an outline but just had some haze around the area but like everyone else some Mothers compound polished it out very nicely.[/font][/size] [font=Times New Roman][size=3]The local authorities seem to have been taking too much of an interest in me so hopefully I blend in a little more and a little more unrecognizable won’t hurt. I got nailed on a local highway by a new stealth black Ford F150 last month that cost me some macho denero. That seems totally immoral to me. The point should be on safety not just revenue generating. Seems to me everyone drives fast because they don’t see cops on the road, hide the cops and the safety aspect of it is completely lost. My LGT is so safe at higher speeds the speed limit is a joke. 55 mph in the LGT is like 25 mph in my truck. No matter what the road conditions are like.[/size][/font] [font=Times New Roman][size=3]Oh well, guess I got to learn to behave.[/size][/font] [font=Times New Roman][size=3]Scott[/size][/font]

[url="http://www.ibiblio.org/rdu/p-sl.html"]^^^^ I agree with you and so do a lot of other people.[/url] edit: however, I might add that since speeding tickets are an enormous source of income for cities and states, it is unlikely that you will ever see the speed limit changed to be "comfortable speed of the driver".

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 2 months later...
i'm new to this kind of stuff, but why debadge your subaru? i'll be taking off my dealer badge soon, but i cant think of why debadging the whole thing except to fool anyone trying to see what kind of car you have lol. maybe that's the point. like i said, i'm new to this ;)

[quote name='tekkitan']i'm new to this kind of stuff, but why debadge your subaru? i'll be taking off my dealer badge soon, but i cant think of why debadging the whole thing except to fool anyone trying to see what kind of car you have lol. maybe that's the point. like i said, i'm new to this ;)[/QUOTE] It kinda depends on the look you are going for. Personally I think the badges dont look too bad, but at the same token, I am going to try de-badging it soon. I really like the clean look it gives the car. Its not that the badges are ugly (except for the dealership one... arghhh... fugly) but the fact that I have seen a debadged one, and it just looks sharp IMHO. But, if you dont debadge it all, it still looks good :) Just whatever you are into.
If I pass you on the right, I'm flipping you off.

Reasons do de-badge a car: 1) Badges have edges that get wax & other gunk stuck under them, removing badges makes the car easyier to clean. 2) When a company puts its name on a race car, they pay a lot of money for the privilage. Aint noone paid me to advertise for them, so get that damnd text of my car! 3) the car just looks better that way.

[quote name='DAP']Reasons do de-badge a car: 1) Badges have edges that get wax & other gunk stuck under them, removing badges makes the car easyier to clean. [color=red]2) When a company puts its name on a race car, they pay a lot of money for the privilage. Aint noone paid me to advertise for them, so get that damnd text of my car![/color] 3) the car just looks better that way.[/QUOTE] well put, just because of that, im gonna go home and debadge mine tonight.
Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

[quote name='G.T.Subie']When you r running from COPS they wont know what kinda car.I got a parking ticket that said SCION on it for vehicle make[url="http://www.legacygt.com/forums/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=36#"]:lol:[/url][/QUOTE] lol, cant they just look up your plates? :P

[quote name='G.T.Subie']When you r running from COPS they wont know what kinda car.I got a parking ticket that said SCION on it for vehicle make[url="http://www.legacygt.com/forums/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=36#"]:lol:[/url][/QUOTE] Last time i checked COPS dont give out parking tickets in NJ. Meter maids do, and they are by nooooooooo means cops. but if it makes you feel better to blame a cop than more power to you.
Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[quote name='GTLegs']Just debadge mine, even removed the subaru stars, welded up the holes and repainted!!! talk about a clean tail!!![/quote] :needpics:
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...
OK so did this thread die? I'm VERY new to this whole thing. Anyways I was so excited to come accross this thread. I've been pondering this question for what seems like years. It's good to see that I'm not the only one who thought that excessive badging was unneeded. Here is my other problem. I have a 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Spec B. That name is way too long even if they did put it on the car but they didn't. No mention of Spec B anywhere except next to the shifter. I just bought the car on Saturday and I'm going to "debadge" in the morning! It's pointless to keep it since it doens't even match my exact model. On top of that I like the sleeper effect. Part of the reason why I bought this car was because it wasn't well known and over-popularized. I haven't met one person who knew what it was. The de-badging will just add to the mystery! Thanks everyone!

BTW, I am a new Subaru convert. In my previous life I was a mustang fan. Can I say that here? Anyway, specifically I owned a Saleen. I think Subaru could have taken a few tips from Saleen since I believe they put out a pretty good product and when one of those rolls up to you there is no denying what kind of car it is. [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]I can't complain though I love my new car and it is by far the best car I've ever owned.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Pictures of a 2week old Silver Sedan: [IMG]http://www.cstonewebdevelopment.com/misc/subie/IMG_0959.jpg[/IMG] No marks at all, and I didn't even have to wax :D [IMG]http://www.cstonewebdevelopment.com/misc/subie/IMG_0955_macro.jpg[/IMG] Also, I didn't have any fishing line around that I could find, so I used $0.89 USD Dental Floss and a hair dryer :lol: And a before shot just for good comparison (a little dirtier): [IMG]http://www.cstonewebdevelopment.com/misc/subie/IMG_0934.jpg[/IMG]

Archived