LegacyGT.com

Trunk Debadging

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
You forgot the "GT" part. J/K No, really, I was going to do the same thing with my silver LGT. But after looking at it for 5 minutes, I decided it looked a bit funny sitting there all by itself. But at least on the silver car it doesn't stick out. the "GT" badge on your black car looks like a wart on your upper lip....it just sticks out too much in an unbalanced and unpleasing way. I'd loose that sucker too. Plus, 99% of the public have no idea what the Legacy GT is, and having absolutely NO badging will just keep other drivers that you pass or outrun guessing as to what it is....love a sleeper!

[quote name='TLS'] But I cant understand why they would use holes and locating pins with todays robotically placed emblems. Seems like an extra un-needed step.[/quote] Have you seen other "robotically placed emblems"? Often they're not straight, the locating pins insures that.

[quote name='Driver72']the "GT" badge on your black car looks like a wart on your upper lip....it just sticks out too much in an unbalanced and unpleasing way. I'd loose that sucker too.[/quote] You think? I like it... I'll give it some time. What did you end up with on your silver GT - did you remove everything but the blue logo?

• 2 weeks later...

All done! Yes the car is dirty, but it's been raining! And when it rains in NM, it just moves the dust around.

Oh, I'm voting Badnarik for President :)

127_2762a.jpg.1e8a6bdabb4fa9012f19dfd027d36f98.jpg

Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Jonny Bradtmueller']I was thinking of replacing the blue Subaru badges with the pink STI what does anyone think. Oh yeah I have a silver GT wagon!:eek:[/QUOTE] Perhaps I'm on my own here, but I can't imagine why someone would put a badge on their car to make it look like something it isn't. It's like when put "SiR" or "Type-R" badge on their Civic EX's or putting an "S4" badge on their 1.8T. Why stop there? Put "NOS" stickers on the front bumper, too! :lol:
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

[quote name='GoSix']Perhaps I'm on my own here, but I can't imagine why someone would put a badge on their car to make it look like something it isn't. It's like when put "SiR" or "Type-R" badge on their Civic EX's or putting an "S4" badge on their 1.8T. Why stop there? Put "NOS" stickers on the front bumper, too! :lol:[/QUOTE] I saw a 'Type R' emblem AND a GT R emblem on the back of the SAME MAZDA!!!! :rolleyes: What a joke. I took delivery of my Atlantic Blue LGT limited wagon on Tuesday night. First thing after work Wed, I took off the dealer's sticker and debadged the rear. It looks much better, as it was way too 'busy' with all the logos and the clear back-up lights. I would like to do something about the dark blue 'stars' logos front and rear. They look out of place as the color is a different blue than the car. I would be great to find a black version (yeah, I know that is not the Suby color).

[quote name='Jonny Bradtmueller']WOW ! Nothing like beating a dead horse :mad::mad:[/QUOTE] DUDE!! CHILL! Did you read the rest of my post where I said I wanted to change my emblems too? I was AGREEING with you. :eek:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived