LegacyGT.com

Trunk Debadging

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest turboman
A patrol car officer cannot identify what kind of car he has stopped or if it actually matches the plate registration. Rather than appear stupid, he'll just let you go without a ticket. Parking tickets the same. Meter maids don't know what to write on the ticket, and don't want to be wrong so they skip your car. ...or, if the stopping officer walks up and asks you what kind of car this is, point to your steering wheel and tell him it's a "MoMo", an experimental new Italian car. When he writes that on your ticket you take it to court and show the Judge. Guaranteed dismissal. :lol:

• 4 months later...
umm.. yeahhhh... maybe up in wisconsin, if you don't have computers in your police cruisers, this will work. that idea hasn't worked on the east coast for awhile - merely entering the VIN will tell him you what kind of car it is, if he has a question. and since he has your registration, he has your VIN. that's why insurance companies often won't give you an accurate quote without a VIN. don't get me wrong; i miss the days of cops misidentifying cars, but those days are all but gone, at least in the less rural areas. oh yeah... and if he has the computer, he doesn't even [i]need [/i]the VIN - your plate should match up to a model in the DMV computer. :) [quote name='turboman']A patrol car officer cannot identify what kind of car he has stopped or if it actually matches the plate registration. Rather than appear stupid, he'll just let you go without a ticket. Parking tickets the same. Meter maids don't know what to write on the ticket, and don't want to be wrong so they skip your car. ...or, if the stopping officer walks up and asks you what kind of car this is, point to your steering wheel and tell him it's a "MoMo", an experimental new Italian car. When he writes that on your ticket you take it to court and show the Judge. Guaranteed dismissal. :lol:[/QUOTE]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='turboman']A patrol car officer cannot identify what kind of car he has stopped or if it actually matches the plate registration. Rather than appear stupid, he'll just let you go without a ticket. Parking tickets the same. Meter maids don't know what to write on the ticket, and don't want to be wrong so they skip your car. ...or, if the stopping officer walks up and asks you what kind of car this is, point to your steering wheel and tell him it's a "MoMo", an experimental new Italian car. When he writes that on your ticket you take it to court and show the Judge. Guaranteed dismissal. :lol:[/QUOTE] I'll know, and not only will I now bang you for what I originally pulled you over for, I'll also bang you for the plates not matching the car, just stick it to you for being a wiseass. Fight it in court, LOL! J/k.:D

I did that originally but then decided that it looked better with just the 2.5. [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/debadged.jpg[/IMG] Then I threw it all out the window and put another badge on the left anyway, but I still like it better than with the SUBARU text.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

So I decided against the removal of the Legacy, b/c that'll leave the subaru on one side and the 2.5 gt on the other side but they aren't aligned so it'll look stupid. Plus, then I'll try to align them and probably screw that up, so I'll either keep it all or take it all off, still debating.

[quote name='turboman']A patrol car officer cannot identify what kind of car he has stopped or if it actually matches the plate registration. Rather than appear stupid, he'll just let you go without a ticket. Parking tickets the same. Meter maids don't know what to write on the ticket, and don't want to be wrong so they skip your car. ...or, if the stopping officer walks up and asks you what kind of car this is, point to your steering wheel and tell him it's a "MoMo", an experimental new Italian car. When he writes that on your ticket you take it to court and show the Judge. Guaranteed dismissal. :lol:[/QUOTE] This is my first posting and I am only doing it because of how crazy this quote is. I am a police detective and obviously used to be a road cop. After pulling you over, we run the car. 99 % of the time the cop is going to recognize your car as a Subaru after comparing with the computer. If he isn't sure, he will not be embarrased to ask you. He will make small talk while he is getting you to sign the ticket and get you to tell him how you debadged the car. Then he will write the correct make and model of your car on the ticket. He will then give you the ticket and wish you a happy evening. Lesson of the day, cops aren't stupid.

[quote name='LanceLane'] He will then give you the ticket and wish you a happy evening. Lesson of the day, cops aren't stupid.[/QUOTE] But what if it's morning?:p
Give a man a beer, and he'll waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and he'll waste a lifetime.

• 1 month later...
2 quick questions first too the officers out there: there is nothing illegal aboout debadging the car right i mean you can't give out a ticket it for it? i doubt it but want to double check just incase second i don't have a Lecagy GT i have a Legacy L wagon in a sort of frosty green color what sort of debadging do you suggest i want to keep the subaru emblem but am open to other suggestions

As long as debadging the car doesn't make it louder or polute more or become a safety hazard then it isn't illegal to take them off no matter what state you are in. The badges are a manufactuer choice and are not required by law.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived