LegacyGT.com

2012 Subaru Impreza....

godwhomismike

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my parents and I are looking for my sister's first car and we ended up at Liberty Subaru yesterday to check out the '12 Impreza. I believe they had the Premium trim. She really likes it, and so do I. The interior is plenty spacious, especially the rear legroom. Possibly even roomier than mine, and I'm ~6' ~230lbs (too lazy to look up the numbers between the two cars).

Since it was a demo car, we didn't get to test drive it nor get to turn the engine over. The dealership doesn't own it, and is being passed around different dealerships in the Tri-state area. But, like the video said above, the steering wheel on the Premium "does not say 'Premium'". It's like a softer version of my old plastic-y one on my 2.5i before I upgraded it to the LGT leather. Now I'm really nitpicking, but the sun visors felt very flimsy compared to my base 2.5i.

I did notice that the demo car had a different grille. It didn't have the 'wings' but it did look like the surround was color matched (silver) with mesh, almost JDM-like, except the mesh looked like the ones used in DIYs. Maybe just for the demo car? Or possibly an option? :shrug:

Anyways, that's my 5-minute review from the 5 or so minutes I had in/around the car.

Edit: Oh yea, my Dad insisted we check out a Toyota dealership after and have her look at some Corollas. After 10-15 minutes of walking around the lot and my parents talking with a Filipino salesman (we're also Filipino, go figure), my sister still prefers the Impreza ;)

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

FT

So my parents and I are looking for my sister's first car and we ended up at Liberty Subaru yesterday to check out the '12 Impreza. I believe they had the Premium trim. She really likes it, and so do I. The interior is plenty spacious, especially the rear legroom. Possibly even roomier than mine, and I'm ~6' ~230lbs (too lazy to look up the numbers between the two cars).

Since it was a demo car, we didn't get to test drive it nor get to turn the engine over. The dealership doesn't own it, and is being passed around different dealerships in the Tri-state area. But, like the video said above, the steering wheel on the Premium "does not say 'Premium'". It's like a softer version of my old plastic-y one on my 2.5i before I upgraded it to the LGT leather. Now I'm really nitpicking, but the sun visors felt very flimsy compared to my base 2.5i.

I did notice that the demo car had a different grille. It didn't have the 'wings' but it did look like the surround was color matched (silver) with mesh, almost JDM-like, except the mesh looked like the ones used in DIYs. Maybe just for the demo car? Or possibly an option? :shrug:

Anyways, that's my 5-minute review from the 5 or so minutes I had in/around the car.

Edit: Oh yea, my Dad insisted we check out a Toyota dealership after and have her look at some Corollas. After 10-15 minutes of walking around the lot and my parents talking with a Filipino salesman (we're also Filipino, go figure), my sister still prefers the Impreza ;)

Haha my cousins call my dad Tito boy :lol:

I believe the grill you're describing is the sport grill. Very similar to what they offered for Forester.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/300873_285649581465169_108697292493733_1072740_607399909_n.jpg

2011 Volvo S60T6 & 2013 Volvo XC60T6 Polestar

I plan on picking up a '12 hatch next year some time.

The 2012 Impreza 5-doors look pretty cool, IMO, kinda like a hatchback version of the 05-09 BP Legacy wagon. :lol: The similarities don't end there. Although the car is about 15 inches shorter than a BP Legacy wagon, the wheelbase is only 1 inch shorter and the interior passenger volume (97 cubic feet) is identical. The only difference is in cargo volume behind the back seat (22 cubic feet vs. 34 cubic feet), where the longer BP wagon has a significant advantage.

I would really like to see a hatch in person... from the photos I've seen, they look too Matrix/Vibe ish.... but I have yet to see one in person (or any 2012 for that matter) hopefully in the next few weeks one will be in my area :rolleyes:

I would really like to see a hatch in person... from the photos I've seen, they look too Matrix/Vibe ish.... but I have yet to see one in person (or any 2012 for that matter) hopefully in the next few weeks one will be in my area :rolleyes:

I liked the LED taillights better from the 2011 hatchback than these new ones from 2012. I absolutely dislike it when automakers use red turning lights that are apart of the red brake lights. I like separate colors for brake lights and turning lights. So far it looks like the taillights for the 2012 hatchback have separate colors but the style and form are not appealing to me.

That's one thing I always liked about Volvo's. Their taillights make the rear look better or, in Volvo's case, make the already nice looking rear even better.

• 2 weeks later...

The Gen 6 Imp is approximately 3 billion times better than the Gen 5. Give or take.

However, Gens 1 - 4 are equally much more better than the Gen 6 as the Gen 6 is to the Gen 5. Furthermore, all things being equal, the Gen 3 and Gen 4 are approximately half as good once over as the Gen 6 is to the Gen 2 whereas the Gen 1 is bested by the Gen 4.

I love me some Gen 3.

Idk, looks way to similar to the Chevy Cruze. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference without the badges.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e30/Street_Sleepa/6774ae6c.jpghttp://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e30/Street_Sleepa/1f8d9325.jpg

Idk, looks way to similar to the Chevy Cruze. You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference without the badges.

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e30/Street_Sleepa/6774ae6c.jpghttp://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e30/Street_Sleepa/1f8d9325.jpg

You make that sound like a bad thing. The new Cruze is pretty handsome.

You make that sound like a bad thing. The new Cruze is pretty handsome.

I make that sound like my opinion and your entitled to yours as well. I don't disagree that the Cruze is a decent looking car, especially for a Chevy sedan, I just don't see the need for a near carbon copy from Subaru. I'm a huge fan of originality when it comes to car design.

Not sure I like how the head unit looks like some aftermarket piece stuffed in there.

The air vents could have looked nicer

The window within the window for the driver's doors look hideous

The power mirror adjustment knob looks out of place sticking up near the window switches - why not use the rocker pad they used to use?

http://www.autos.ca/galleries/2012/images/subaru/2012_subaru_impreza/2012-subaru-impreza_gw_012-1090.jpg

I checked out the interior of the '12 at the seattle ski expo a few days ago, it's not great... Feels like a cheap econo car. Too bad because the rest of the car is nice

not sure what you're smoking, the new dash has serious padding and much nicer materials..

I like the feel and the look of the black leather personally. They gray leather doesn't do any justice to the interior of any car in my opinion. Especially the 2012 Subaru Impreza. I still can't get over the fact of how the taillights look though. They're too similar to the Pontiac Vibe, Toyota Matrix, and Dodge Caliber wagon. Yuck.

All the new body styles are just awful. They're making cars more obese than ever before.

Except the 2012 Impreza has the same exact dimensions as the previous generation Impreza AND it's lighter. :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived